blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:50:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Give me a break
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give me a break  (Read 176499 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #495 on: April 28, 2018, 04:59:00 PM »

OMG again. What a time to miscue.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #496 on: April 28, 2018, 05:00:39 PM »

He hit that too well.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 28, 2018, 05:11:56 PM »

See if it works on Higgins

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 28, 2018, 08:22:50 PM »

In every way, Mark Williams seems to get better with age.

Absolutely love watching him, crucial clothes and everything.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 28, 2018, 08:31:09 PM »

One of best potters ever, and great to watch.

Actually mentioned his outfit to my mate when we were watching earlier Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 28, 2018, 08:40:00 PM »

I might just marry him.

You ever player poker against him? He used to regularly frequent the Grosvenor cardrooms in Cardiff and Swansea, along with Matthew Stevens and Ken Doherty back in the day. "The Doc", (who passed away recently) who was Saddam Hussein's lawyer, would be there too. Fun times.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 28, 2018, 08:52:20 PM »

I might just marry him.

You ever player poker against him? He used to regularly frequent the Grosvenor cardrooms in Cardiff and Swansea, along with Matthew Stevens and Ken Doherty back in the day. "The Doc", (who passed away recently) who was Saddam Hussein's lawyer, would be there too. Fun times.

Yeah, in a £30rb at my old man's place, back when Laddies was the Pokerstars of online poker. Dad used to run them a couple times a year, and people would come down from Manchester, across from London. It was like having the Daddy comp live Cheesy

Simon, who you met at The Venetian a couple years back flew over from Tenerife for it, a mate of mine flew over from Sweden, and all the other Laddies guys travelled from all over the UK. Great fun, and some seriously messy cash games. He came up with the other Welsh guys. Iwan, Neno, Viv Williams, and a couple others. From memory, there was a 5/10 or 10/20 game, which saw Conor Tate clean him, and no doubt several others out.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 28, 2018, 09:19:11 PM »

I might just marry him.

I thought you were spoken for but just in case you're not, I met Mark at J4 Walsall either at one of the monthly £300's or a fessie - it might have been with you and Tom actually - and was minding my own business in the gent's having a Jimmy Riddle during a break using the urinal when out of the corner of my eye I noticed a willy almost at eye-level standing next to me. As I was zipping up having hastily averted my gaze earlier I noticed that it was none other than the aforementioned Mark Williams who was standing next to me.

I feel sure he won't disappoint you.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: April 29, 2018, 07:12:01 AM »

Ah, those heady days of the £300 at junction 10. What fun we had. So many characters, Jonas, Woodley, Jellineck Reardon, Jackson, Peters, Hussain, Wernik, Grech, Rocach, Gosney, Jackson, Sunar, Chronin...

I couldn't sleep the night before, I was beside myself with excitement. Poker will never be such fun.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 29, 2018, 07:37:03 AM »

Ah, those heady days of the £300 at junction 10. What fun we had. So many characters, Jonas, Woodley, Jellineck Reardon, Jackson, Peters, Hussain, Wernik, Grech, Rocach, Gosney, Jackson, Sunar, Chronin...

I couldn't sleep the night before, I was beside myself with excitement. Poker will never be such fun.

When Methuselah's Dad mentioned the monthly £300 at Walsall, I had exactly the same thought process. Wow, what excitement that one generated every month.

Prior to that, it was the monthly £100 at Gala Notts which was "the biggie". In the first of those I played, I finalled, was offered really bad "business" 6 handed, & a young lad stopped me from accepting & negotiated a better chop. That was Julian Thew, & from that day on we swapped 10% of everything we both played. That turned out nice. For me......

I played that £100 one month, & ended up on a table that included Pete Costa, his brother Kim, another brother (forget name) who was Chilli's Dad, Chili, Uncle Louis, & another Uncle. So, 6 Greek guys (including Maria). Family pots? Nope, they played the game straight. 4 fingered Jimmy was on the same table. He was called 4 fingered Jimmy as he only had 3 fingers.

There were 2 miserable old sods on the table, too (we often started 12 or even 13 handed), Jamie Moult & Trevor Windbag.

The Gala Notts £100 was nothing compared to the £300 at Walsall though, that was THE biggie. One of us would go across earlier in the week & buy 5 or 6 of us in, as it always sold out. I'd go over on the Wednesday & pay in for you, Ralph, Greg Hill, Dave Coloclough, Belly, Dave Smith, & a few others.

The "big treble" was completed in the monthly biggie at Naps Sheffield, where we'd all have dinner in the restaurant before it started. Naps Sheffield, uniquely, had a 200 denom chip in play, God knows what that was about. Many of those who played the Sheffield biggie are no longer with us - George Geary, Dave Colclough, Devilfish, J T Law, Dave Smith & a few besides.

All three monthly "biggies" were killed when DTD opened. DTD did things that were unheard of - Late Entry for example. Can you even imagine? You could buy-in AFTER it had started. What? And, uniquely, DTD started on time. Not sure I'd ever played an MTT at Walsall that started less than 45 minutes late. The reason, of course, was that once "shuffle up & deal" was announced, it was too late to buy-in. You could travel 200 miles, arrive 1 minute late, & that was it, you'd be turned away. So they delayed the start until everyone was there.

Simon Trumper had won a seat in a Super Sat for a £1,000 event at Blackpool when he was sponsored by UK Betting. (UK Betting was owned by 365 Media, which later became part of SB&G). He arrived 30 seconds after it started & was turned away.

Sorry lads, went off on one there. Back to the snooker.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 07:45:35 AM by tikay » Logged

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #505 on: April 29, 2018, 09:57:53 AM »

Good times ,great table company.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 29, 2018, 11:45:58 AM »

When Methuselah's Dad mentioned the monthly £300 at Walsall, I had exactly the same thought process. Wow, what excitement that one generated every month.

Prior to that, it was the monthly £100 at Gala Notts which was "the biggie". In the first of those I played, I finalled, was offered really bad "business" 6 handed, & a young lad stopped me from accepting & negotiated a better chop. That was Julian Thew, & from that day on we swapped 10% of everything we both played. That turned out nice. For me......

I played that £100 one month, & ended up on a table that included Pete Costa, his brother Kim, another brother (forget name) who was Chilli's Dad, Chili, Uncle Louis, & another Uncle. So, 6 Greek guys (including Maria). Family pots? Nope, they played the game straight. 4 fingered Jimmy was on the same table. He was called 4 fingered Jimmy as he only had 3 fingers.

There were 2 miserable old sods on the table, too (we often started 12 or even 13 handed), Jamie Moult & Trevor Windbag.

The Gala Notts £100 was nothing compared to the £300 at Walsall though, that was THE biggie. One of us would go across earlier in the week & buy 5 or 6 of us in, as it always sold out. I'd go over on the Wednesday & pay in for you, Ralph, Greg Hill, Dave Coloclough, Belly, Dave Smith, & a few others.

The "big treble" was completed in the monthly biggie at Naps Sheffield, where we'd all have dinner in the restaurant before it started. Naps Sheffield, uniquely, had a 200 denom chip in play, God knows what that was about. Many of those who played the Sheffield biggie are no longer with us - George Geary, Dave Colclough, Devilfish, J T Law, Dave Smith & a few besides.

All three monthly "biggies" were killed when DTD opened. DTD did things that were unheard of - Late Entry for example. Can you even imagine? You could buy-in AFTER it had started. What? And, uniquely, DTD started on time. Not sure I'd ever played an MTT at Walsall that started less than 45 minutes late. The reason, of course, was that once "shuffle up & deal" was announced, it was too late to buy-in. You could travel 200 miles, arrive 1 minute late, & that was it, you'd be turned away. So they delayed the start until everyone was there.

Simon Trumper had won a seat in a Super Sat for a £1,000 event at Blackpool when he was sponsored by UK Betting. (UK Betting was owned by 365 Media, which later became part of SB&G). He arrived 30 seconds after it started & was turned away.

Sorry lads, went off on one there. Back to the snooker.

Chili's dad is Angelo(Evangelo) and is actually Kim and Pete's brother-in-law having married their sister - the oldest brother Louis is quite the character who Pete always referred to as "screwie Louis".

There was actually a hell of a lot of soft-play among the Greek fraternity both in Nottingham and Walsall in those days although one guy who always played it straight against all-comers and still does is Tassos.

Those were happy days at J10.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 29, 2018, 07:29:56 PM »

Been like this for best part of 20 minutes now. (Walden v Trump)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 07:31:37 PM by tikay » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #508 on: April 29, 2018, 08:39:42 PM »

"It came off that cushion faster than it went on and that's a fact".

Imagine if they had two of those cushions facing each other and bounced a ball between them. Eventually it would go faster than the speed of light

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 29, 2018, 08:51:22 PM »

"It came off that cushion faster than it went on and that's a fact".

Imagine if they had two of those cushions facing each other and bounced a ball between them. Eventually it would go faster than the speed of light

Any thoughts on if the ball has a lot of spin on it? It's totally standard imo. I acknowledge the comms are usually talking about plain ball bounce.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: