blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:37:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Give me a break
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give me a break  (Read 176521 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: January 17, 2019, 09:49:46 PM »

have some of the pdc darts crowd got lost?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 17, 2019, 10:02:43 PM »

have some of the pdc darts crowd got lost?

Ha.

They had been ok prior to that, but the audience seemed to resent the decision which ended the previous frame and took against Brucel.

The decision was perfectly correct though, and it was Ding's own fault. Almost suspect the audience don't know the rules.

All set for a great ending now though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 19, 2019, 08:38:42 PM »

Ronnie eased into the Final earlier today, he was imperious at times.

This evening, Robertson & Mardy Trump are tied at 2-2, I'm hoping Robertson takes it.

One curiosity of this Masters is that there have been no Female referees, & most Tournaments these days have their quota of them. Any idea why this is? Is there a grading system for Snooker Referees?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #708 on: January 19, 2019, 08:41:53 PM »

Ronnie eased into the Final earlier today, he was imperious at times.

This evening, Robertson & Mardy Trump are tied at 2-2, I'm hoping Robertson takes it.

One curiosity of this Masters is that there have been no Female referees, & most Tournaments these days have their quota of them. Any idea why this is? Is there a grading system for Snooker Referees?

Yes, that one with the high heels is at least a 7.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #709 on: January 19, 2019, 09:19:01 PM »

When a player has potted a couple of reds and colours and they put that graphic up saying that he needs to get to something like say, 75  to win the frame, well what if he then potted 12 reds and 12 yellows? he would be at the 'snookers required' stage and he would be no where near 75.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 19, 2019, 10:53:04 PM »

When a player has potted a couple of reds and colours and they put that graphic up saying that he needs to get to something like say, 75  to win the frame, well what if he then potted 12 reds and 12 yellows? he would be at the 'snookers required' stage and he would be no where near 75.

The graphic would change.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #711 on: January 19, 2019, 10:55:53 PM »

If it did it would mean the first graphic was wrong.

buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 19, 2019, 11:53:42 PM »

Has anyone else heard a lot of heavy objects dropping on the floor through out the tournament?
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 20, 2019, 01:36:26 AM »

No, it just means the circumstances have changed. Think of darts, a player has 50 left, the graphic will show 1 possible way of taking that out, doesn't mean the player has to go that particular way about it
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #714 on: January 20, 2019, 09:29:30 AM »

No, it just means the circumstances have changed. Think of darts, a player has 50 left, the graphic will show 1 possible way of taking that out, doesn't mean the player has to go that particular way about it

No. The graphic says he needs to reach that number, it says nothing about how he gets there.

The graphic is wrong before he plays another shot.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #715 on: January 20, 2019, 09:46:52 AM »

Extreme example.

If a player made a break of 16 consisting of two reds and two blacks, the graphic would say he needed to reach a score of around 75 to reach the 'snookers required' stage. But if he went on to pot the remaining 13 reds without colours he would be at that stage with a score of only 29.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 20, 2019, 09:55:47 AM »

It is a simplified graphic; putting up the full distribution of possible outcomes may be correct, but most people will not understand it.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #717 on: January 20, 2019, 11:10:45 AM »

It is a simplified graphic; putting up the full distribution of possible outcomes may be correct, but most people will not understand it.

Like Brexit you mean?

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 20, 2019, 11:17:51 AM »

Extreme example.

If a player made a break of 16 consisting of two reds and two blacks, the graphic would say he needed to reach a score of around 75 to reach the 'snookers required' stage. But if he went on to pot the remaining 13 reds without colours he would be at that stage with a score of only 29.

At the start of every frame 74 is the target.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 20, 2019, 11:21:16 AM »

At the start of every frame 74 is the target.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: