blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:55:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Give me a break
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give me a break  (Read 176512 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #720 on: January 20, 2019, 12:54:50 PM »

Extreme example.

If a player made a break of 16 consisting of two reds and two blacks, the graphic would say he needed to reach a score of around 75 to reach the 'snookers required' stage. But if he went on to pot the remaining 13 reds without colours he would be at that stage with a score of only 29.

At the start of every frame 74 is the target.

How does that account for my scenario then?

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 20, 2019, 01:05:31 PM »

It is a simplified graphic; putting up the full distribution of possible outcomes may be correct, but most people will not understand it.

Like Brexit you mean?

There are probably a few similar situations from Brexit.  If you look at the original source marerial for official forecasts, they do produce loads of different scenarios,  mostly bad, some good.   The central forecast will be an £x billion hit to the economy.  People pick up on the central forecast, as their eyes glaze over at the wall of figures (this appeared to include George Osbourne).   Everyone focuses on that central figure and expects some one off hit that is easy to see.  

When it doesn't happen as they understood it, they say tah da, Brexit has had no effect.  

It is a bit more complex than that, but it is near impossible to explain to everyone and near impossible to quantify the actual effect (even after the event).  

Hence things get simplified to he needs 36 to force snookers and there will be a 5% hit to GDP.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #722 on: January 20, 2019, 01:19:48 PM »

It is a simplified graphic; putting up the full distribution of possible outcomes may be correct, but most people will not understand it.

Like Brexit you mean?

There are probably a few similar situations from Brexit.  If you look at the original source marerial for official forecasts, they do produce loads of different scenarios,  mostly bad, some good.   The central forecast will be an £x billion hit to the economy.  People pick up on the central forecast, as their eyes glaze over at the wall of figures (this appeared to include George Osbourne).   Everyone focuses on that central figure and expects some one off hit that is easy to see.  

When it doesn't happen as they understood it, they say tah da, Brexit has had no effect.  

It is a bit more complex than that, but it is near impossible to explain to everyone and near impossible to quantify the actual effect (even after the event).  

Hence things get simplified to he needs 36 to force snookers and there will be a 5% hit to GDP.

Thanks Doobs. Your explanation proves you understand what I'm talking about and also proves my point perfectly. The graphic is wrong.

Useful, but wrong.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 20, 2019, 01:36:26 PM »

Like Brexit you mean?

Thanks Doobs. Your explanation proves you understand what I'm talking about and also proves my point perfectly. The graphic is wrong.

Useful, but wrong.

like a tube map.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 20, 2019, 01:38:17 PM »

^^^^^^

Exactly that.

Meanwhile, Trump races to a 2-0 lead, Ronnie has played about 2 shots in total.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 20, 2019, 05:46:43 PM »

Ronnie gonna need something special to even make this a competition after that session.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 20, 2019, 06:05:28 PM »

Any unusual betting patterns?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 20, 2019, 07:28:53 PM »

Didn't even look at Betty, but can't imagine there were.

Think Trump only attempts coups with his pals.

Might be over in time for the Saints v Rams game.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #728 on: February 02, 2019, 01:40:45 PM »

Wohin geht der Spielball?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 07, 2019, 06:07:53 PM »

World Grand Prix: Mark Allen concedes frame and match with 11 reds left

I watched some of this, & it was evident early doors that his head had gone. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/47162102

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 07, 2019, 06:09:49 PM »

Ahh, blame the table.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/47162102

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #731 on: February 07, 2019, 07:08:35 PM »

Fair enough.

Which table was Carter playing on BTW?

Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 12, 2019, 11:26:35 PM »

Hardly anyone left in the arena to watch Neil Robertson's latest 147. He followed it up with a 140 match winning break. Great stuff.

Glad I manage to play late night poker to watch sport like that sometimes.

Life has no rebuy options
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 21, 2019, 03:29:58 PM »

I tuned into Eurosport to watch a bit of the Snooker Shootout

Lasted about 10 seconds before I switched off.

The "shot clock" is bonging like a cheap game show, the audience are heckling hollering and hooting in the style of the premier league darts audience, the players and referee are not dressed properly, and the players are - literally - running around the table It's A Knockout style.

Everything about it is horrible beyond words.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 06:26:25 PM by tikay » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #734 on: February 21, 2019, 06:16:00 PM »

I tuned into Eurosport to watch a bit of the Snooker Shootout

Lasted about 10 seconds before I switched off.

The "shot clock" is bonging like a cheap game show, the audience are heckling hollering and hooting in the style of the premier league darts audience, the players and referee are not dressed properly, and the players are - literally - running around the table It's A Knockout style.

Everything about is is horrible beyond words.

Amen.

Why does everything have to become a chavathon?

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: