blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:57:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Give me a break
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give me a break  (Read 176570 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #765 on: March 20, 2019, 12:57:48 PM »

Virtually every advert has to have a mixed-race couple, a disabled person and a member of the LGBT community.

Probably every family has one of the above, so what’s the problem with replicating the population in adverts? Is it really PC gone mad, or is it showing youngsters that all the above have a valid place in society? Better a kid asks the embarrassing questions at home (eg why has that lady got no arms?) rather than when they say it within earshot of the person!

Fair comment.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #766 on: March 20, 2019, 02:28:49 PM »

The ITV4 coverage of the snooker this week has been as near perfect as it gets.

Good commentary, mainly by Hendry, good pundits, with McManus in particular, and a relieving absence of bells and whistles.

The only blemish has been the dibby female Presenter, who is way out of her depth and has no idea about snooker.

It's quite remarkable how good ITV have become with Sports presentation compared to 5 years ago.

She's started miming shots as she talks about them now.

"Trump didn't use his power shots in that frame at all did he?" *Cocks elbow and swings forearm vigorously.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 20, 2019, 03:27:43 PM »

You think she's been given the job because she's female Tikay? Seems a lot more of it going on in the sports pundit world

Unfortunately, yes, & we will see lots more of this in the future I'm afraid.

And I should add, it's not her fault, she has done nothing wrong.

Sad times when everything requires it's "quota" to be filled. Sky Sports Golf is another great example, where Sarah Shriek brings nothing but banality to the Presentation, and meanwhile we are denied the excellent Henni Zuel.  

Click to see full-size image.

It was worse in the old days, I used to watch a show on Sky where some old duffer used to yak on about concrete and steam trains.  No doubt to fulfill some quota and to keep the lonely old biddies happy.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 20, 2019, 03:51:25 PM »

Got me there, tbf.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 20, 2019, 03:52:29 PM »

You think she's been given the job because she's female Tikay? Seems a lot more of it going on in the sports pundit world

Sad times when everything requires it's "quota" to be filled. Sky Sports Golf is another great example, where Sarah Shriek brings nothing but banality to the Presentation, and meanwhile we are denied the excellent Henni Zuel.  

It was worse in the old days, I used to watch a show on Sky where some old duffer used to yak on about concrete and steam trains.  No doubt to fulfill some quota and to keep the lonely old biddies happy.

Cheesy

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #770 on: March 20, 2019, 03:57:28 PM »

Williams Trump. What a great match.

Will we ever see a better red than the one Williams potted into the left black pocket at 8 all with no path back to baulk?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 20, 2019, 06:11:55 PM »

Doobs is deadly from that distance, Tikay.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #772 on: March 21, 2019, 01:23:39 PM »

Some lovely little insights from McManus in commentary, especially regarding the psychological aspects of the game.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 21, 2019, 01:27:02 PM »

Some lovely little insights from McManus in commentary, especially regarding the psychological aspects of the game.

I really enjoy his commentary, ditto Hendry.

Never thought the day would come when ITV did things better than the BBC, but ITV's snooker coverage is different class to BBC's, with the exception of Mrs Dibby, though Hazel Irvine's snooker work does nothing for me either.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #774 on: March 21, 2019, 01:31:17 PM »

Did you see that 56 shot safety exchange yesterday? I thought Hendry was going to slash his wrists.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 21, 2019, 01:45:27 PM »

Did you see that 56 shot safety exchange yesterday? I thought Hendry was going to slash his wrists.

When red & blue were right over the left hand black bag? I watched it, yes.

Maybe I'm weird, but I really enjoy those sort of situations.

Hendry said something like "I'll not say anything else, I've run out of interesting things to say", & suggested it was all too dull.

There seems to be a fixation these days with everything being faster. And so they introduced Snooker Shootout. Never seen anything worse than that utter shite.   

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #776 on: March 21, 2019, 02:31:06 PM »

Did we used to be able to see a players bare back when they bent over to shoot? Does no one wear a singlet these days?

bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 21, 2019, 04:04:04 PM »

Did we used to be able to see a players bare back when they bent over to shoot? Does no one wear a singlet these days?

I suppose the spectators had a completely different set of sights, sounds & smells for the likes of Big Bill!
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #778 on: March 21, 2019, 04:45:47 PM »

I suppose the spectators had a completely different set of sights, sounds & smells for the likes of Big Bill!

Bill and I were quite close..

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 21, 2019, 05:00:11 PM »

He got so pissed at my old man's club during an exhibition, he couldn't do the trick shots.

Then he fell off his chair and squashed the magician's pigeons Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: