blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:41:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Is the forum slow?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the forum slow?  (Read 9087 times)
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 10:30:40 AM »

mine is ok

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 12:43:09 PM »

Mine on my desktop/laptop is fine.

On my phone, however, I can't even access the forum. Get the top bit up to the search bar and that's it.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 01:19:15 PM »

mine is ok

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 01:57:56 PM »

Mine doesn't seem overly slow, but I do still have the odd screen width thing happening.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 02:06:55 PM »

Just tried another browser and it's slow on there too

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2017, 03:44:23 PM »

It's been really slow for over two weeks now, and no indication that anything is being done about it. I'm not sure whether those running it are even aware of how long it is taking, or think the problem has gone away.

I have just timed ten page turns manually and the average was 37 seconds (28x1, 29x1, 30x3, 43x4, 50x1). The 28 was the first and I may has mistimed it. It actually alternated 30ish/43, with the one exception.

I have stuck with it so far, without realising how much time I was wasting. At some point, it won't be worth it.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2017, 03:53:06 PM »

It's been really slow for over two weeks now, and no indication that anything is being done about it. I'm not sure whether those running it are even aware of how long it is taking, or think the problem has gone away.

I have just timed ten page turns manually and the average was 37 seconds (28x1, 29x1, 30x3, 43x4, 50x1). The 28 was the first and I may has mistimed it. It actually alternated 30ish/43, with the one exception.

I have stuck with it so far, without realising how much time I was wasting. At some point, it won't be worth it.

Threat acknowledged. Smiley

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2017, 03:54:19 PM »

It's been fine for me on firefox.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2017, 03:59:17 PM »

That exactly matches my experience, & it does not matter what device or browser I use, or whether at home or elsewhere. It's immensely frustrating, I agree. Luckily, it's not the same for most others.

I'm certainly aware of it, & I discussed it with Tighty when it first started, several weeks ago, but as the thread shows, most don't have the problem, so that makes it even harder to identify the problem.

For me, it's close to unuseable.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2017, 04:03:03 PM »

Quite an odd problem to have. Mine is quick on IE and Chrome

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2017, 04:40:56 PM »

I am aware of it, but no real idea how to progress as it seems limited to a few people with not much to go on...ie if it was on a particular browser etc

I asked the hosts to have a look under the bonnet when it was first raised but nothing seemed amiss,nor could they replicate the problem on various machines

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2017, 04:43:40 PM »

Does anyone who has this issue use an adblocker?

I use AdBlock Plus in Chrome on my laptop and it works fine. I dont use an adblocker on my mobile and I have the same issue as John. I wonder if it is an ad causing it?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2017, 04:46:24 PM »

I use AdBlock Plus in Chrome on my laptop and it works fine. I dont use an adblocker on my mobile and I have the same issue as John. I wonder if it is an ad causing it?

interesting but we don't carry any ads currently?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2017, 04:53:36 PM »

Doubt it's that.

I have no idea if I have adblocker, but I use 2 different laptops, a mobile phone and an iPad,  and it's the same on all of them, whether at home or out and about.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2017, 05:02:16 PM »

The bottom of my screen says "Resolving Host..." when a page it loading.  Looking it up seems to match my issue.

"A "host" issue, in which the browser stalls during page loading and displays a "Resolving Host" message, is caused by Google's DNS pre-fetching setting. The setting is intended to speed up navigation but can create "Resolving Host" errors unless it is disabled."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: