blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:28:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Book Suggestions
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Book Suggestions  (Read 27189 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2018, 01:36:16 PM »

Anything by him. Such a treat when I find a new one.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2018, 01:46:50 PM »

Ha. So you don't need me to tell you one of my top 5 is written by him.

It's about time his next is due, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2018, 02:03:29 PM »

Priceless info in this tomb

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2018, 02:20:59 PM »

Priceless info in this tomb

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2018, 08:14:32 PM »

Don't you still get royalties - imo everything is worth a read
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2018, 09:23:29 PM »

There are exceptions.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2018, 09:33:53 PM »

Disagree all books have a value - you may not agree with the content - but opinion is opinion. Currently reading about quantum physics - i have no idea what there talking about and to be honest I  am not that interested but I have started so I will finish it. You never know when it might come in handy.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2018, 09:35:27 PM »

There are exceptions.....

Correct

sola virtus nobilitat
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2018, 09:39:05 PM »

Are you talking about books or censorship.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2018, 09:51:14 PM »

Everything?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2018, 09:53:51 PM »

You can take Knitting with dog hair off the list straight away - timeless classic
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2018, 10:03:35 PM »

Disagree all books have a value - you may not agree with the content - but opinion is opinion. Currently reading about quantum physics - i have no idea what there talking about and to be honest I  am not that interested but I have started so I will finish it. You never know when it might come in handy.

There's only nobility in this if you're prepared to find out what you are reading. At least spend some time on Wikipedia about Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, when you get to it, so that you can at least follow what is going on. Or read a more basic book and come back to this one. That must be the best thing to do. Fascinating topic and deserves more love.

Not sure if it was just hyperbole, but saying you have no idea what it's on about but you'll plough on anyway is like reading a book in Klingon in the hope it suddenly becomes clear. Or watching a ten hour version of the third matrix film.

Good writing is much better than good topics. It's a true art, to be able to write well. Every page you read of Trudie from The Only Way is Love Island on Ice's autobiography is a page you miss from AA Gill or Thomas Hardy.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2018, 10:17:08 PM »

According to the de Broglie hypothesis, every object in the universe is a wave - on the case though I think I can only read one at a time.

Tal - Incorrect all languages can be deciphered as they are all just code so if you had the whereabouts and the time you would eventually understand Klingon.

Space The Final Frontier - probably not
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2018, 10:27:06 PM »

According to the de Broglie hypothesis, every object in the universe is a wave - on the case though I think I can only read one at a time.

Tal - Incorrect all languages can be deciphered as they are all just code so if you had the whereabouts and the time you would eventually understand Klingon.

Space The Final Frontier - probably not

Yes on languages, but it only works if you then study the language to work out what the words mean, else you're just looking at hieroglyphics.

The wave idea is fascinating, as is the notion that the more accurately you try to describe a particle's position, the harder it becomes.

People watch episodes of multiple TV shows all the time, ome after the other. No reason why we can't do multiple books. You can pick depending on your mood and fancy.

Books rock.

mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2018, 10:34:11 PM »

Books rock - agree we buy about 5 a week in our house between 3 people - several books on the go but not all on the same subject.

People can multiple information all the time - now I am on the lap top but I am also on the ipad looking at something different.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: