blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:15:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Book Suggestions
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Book Suggestions  (Read 27194 times)
engy

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2020, 06:04:09 PM »

Ive read every one of Irvine Welshs books Tom. My favourite author by a country mile
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2020, 06:14:53 PM »

Ive read every one of Irvine Welshs books Tom. My favourite author by a country mile

I'm afraid I haven't really read it eng, I just thought it was a good pun. 

The older I get, the better I was.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2020, 11:25:16 PM »

Been getting back into my reading lately, I like the SAS style fiction such as Andy Mcnab and recently read both of James Deegans books, would highly recommend if you like that type of book

Up next am thinking of starting a Jeffrey archer. Generally good? Is Kane and Abel the best place to start?

Thanks in advance, honest opinions welcome!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2020, 01:33:19 AM »

Been getting back into my reading lately, I like the SAS style fiction such as Andy Mcnab and recently read both of James Deegans books, would highly recommend if you like that type of book

Up next am thinking of starting a Jeffrey archer. Generally good? Is Kane and Abel the best place to start?

Read the first 50 pages tonight. Enjoying it a lot. Start to get involved with one of the characters then Archer changes back to the other and you get stuck into them again.

Clever writing.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2020, 06:59:04 AM »

It’s been many years since I read an Archer book, but I would agree that he writes great page turners, nor will you be forced to google words you’re unfamiliar with. The Prodigal Daughter is the next book in the Kane & Abel trilogy FYI
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2020, 09:46:16 AM »

It’s been many years since I read an Archer book, but I would agree that he writes great page turners, nor will you be forced to google words you’re unfamiliar with. The Prodigal Daughter is the next book in the Kane & Abel trilogy FYI

That's a parochial view, if you don't mind me saying so Mr Uted.
Some of the nerdier types among us love googling words we are not familiar with.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2020, 12:38:18 AM »

Loved Kane and Abel. Sussed out fairly early on that Kane had been the silent investor! Finished the book last night, so didn’t do much else for 4 days getting through 500 pages!  About to start the Prodigal Daughter K4. As good as Kane and Abel in your opinion?

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2020, 09:06:44 AM »

Really enjoyed "Not a penny more , not a penny less" by Archer.  Read it several times many years ago.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2020, 01:58:23 PM »

Loved Kane and Abel. Sussed out fairly early on that Kane had been the silent investor! Finished the book last night, so didn’t do much else for 4 days getting through 500 pages!  About to start the Prodigal Daughter K4. As good as Kane and Abel in your opinion?

Spoiler alert.

For those who haven't read this book please avoid Verndog's post.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2020, 08:17:27 PM »

Hi vern

From memory (as I said, it was a long time ago!), I really enjoyed it
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: