blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:21:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2018
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2018  (Read 60615 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 12, 2018, 07:54:36 AM »

Main Event - Day 7 update

The first 90 minutes or so of Day 7 play has seen 4 exits at th $282K payout level.

26 Jeff Trudeau - a classic race with pocket eights against Antoine Labat's KJ, a Jack on the river sealing the deal

25 Barry Hutter - eventually his short stack ran out. He shoved twice and got though without a caller, but third time he did it (with a decent hand, pocket tens), Ming Xi took him on with AK suited and this time the overcards paired up on the turn and one card later Hutter was gone.

24 Bart Lybaert - the Belgian three bet shoved for 6m chips with fives, but John Cynn had sevens and a seven on the flop saw Lybeart's chances reduced to running cards which didn't come.

23 Eric Froehlich - he also thought he'd got it in good when he five-bet shoved with Queens, but in reality he hadn't as Alex Lynkey had four-bet with Kings and of course called. A board of 9-5-3-3-2 was no help. The field was down to 22 and Lynskey had a huge addition to his stack bringing the Aussie very close to the chip lead.

The field is now 50% Americans and 50% other nationalities.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 12, 2018, 07:55:06 AM »

Last update of the night for me

22. Nirath Rean - the next player out was Floridian Rean. He went for it with KQ suited and was looked up by Artem Metalidi with A10. A flop of J-10-2 gave Rean a open-ended straight draw while giving he Ukrainian middle pair, and two low cards on the turn and river were the last two Rean saw in the ME for 2018.

21 Paulo Goncalves - Goncalves got it in ahead, he called Michael Dyer's flop bet with top pair (Dyer had middle pair and a flush draw). The flush came in on the river for Dyer to take town the large pot (putting him in the chip lead) and eliminating the Brazilian

20 Ivan Luca - the Argentine opened for 5m, Michael Dyer tested him out by coming over the top for 48m, and eventually Luca called, his A10 were behind Dyer's pocket fives. The flop gave a little bit for both players, Dyer got an up and down straight draw, Luca had four to a flush both the turn and river were bricks and Luca was gone.

19 Alexander Haro - after getting short he move in with A7, came up against Antoine Labat's AK and that was that

Break-time as they re-draw to the final two tables.

Come the morning UK time we will know our final 9.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 12, 2018, 09:30:52 AM »

Cooler City.

With 10 players left in the WSOP Main, so Final Table bubble, this hand went off.....

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 12, 2018, 09:34:05 AM »

Bear with me, this is a long post, but it's worth it!

All the preliminary play is done, and we're left with a Final Table. Let's see how we got here...

Michael Dyer entered the final two tables as the chip leader, and got even more powerful when making a Full House against Martin Gerrits to take him over 60m in chips, while on the other table the chips were spread more evenly around, the biggest stack being less than 40m.

18 Sylvain Loosli - the Frenchman's hopes of making his 2nd ME FT ended at the hands of Dyer. Loosli was very short (about 8BB) and went for it with a pair of black sixes, Dyer called with A-5 of clubs. Two clubs on the flop gave Dyer flush outs as well, but it was the Ace on the river which saw the back of Loosli for $375K.

Dyer continued to dominate the feature table, mostly at the expense of the two Chinese players, and soon he had 80m chips. He didn't deliver the next knockout though

Ming Xi was down to 7BB and shoved with Q-8 suited. His compatriot Yueqi Zhu calle (A-Q) and Frederik Brink re-shoved with pocket nines. Zhu called and it was a three-way showdown, in which none of the three players improved. Brink more than doubled up, but it was goodbye for 17 Ming Xi

It wasn't lon before Dyer was at it again.

16 Kao Saechao Dyer raised with A-Q of hearts, Saechao shoved from the button with K-Q off, and Dyer quickly called. As in Xi's elimination, the board was full of blanks. Cue the exit of Saechao and Dyer's up to 89m.

Joe Cada got a much-needed double-up through Brink when he hit one of a million outs on the river.

We then had three eliminations in relatively quick succession.

15 Martijn Gerrits The Dutch player was the victim of queens against aces. He understandably 5-bet shoved with the ladies, unlucky for him Alex Lynskey was sitting with the best pre-flop hand in the game. A Jack-high board, and Gerrits was gone but he did pick up $475K.

Less than 10 minute later on the other table, Konstantin Beylin had dropped down to 13BB, and shoved on an open from John Cynn with 9-7 suited, obviously hoping for a fold. Cynn thought about it, he only had Q-8 suited himself, but eventually called. All the flop offered Beylin was some back-door flush options, but turn and river weren't helpful. 14 Konstantin Beylin

13 Hari Bercovici The last of the 53 Israeli players in the Main was another victim of Dyer. The chip leader called Becorvici's pocket fours shove with A-K suited (and who wouldn't) and won the race when an ace appeared on the flop. Bercovici wins $575K as he first elimination after a payjump.

12 players left, Dyer's 89m still led from Cynn's 55m and Lynskey's 51. Two players were sitting with less than 20BB, Tony Miles and Frederik Brink.

Joe Cada was all-in again on a river, but managed to get Alex Lynskey to fold and padded his stack by 5m to move to 17m (34BB)

12 Frederik Brink Brink's deep run came to an end in a battle against Yueqi Zhu. Zhu opened, and Brink shoved for his last 4m from the cutoff. Zhu called with A-10 suited, Brink had K-Q suited. As with so many of the Day 7 eliminations, the board missed both players completely an Zhu's ace was the difference.

Tony Miles eventually found a hand to go with, pocket eights and got looked up with Zhu having two fives. 3-3-4-7-A on the board gave Miles the double up.

11 Ryan Phan With Miles getting his double up, pressure was now on Phan with the short stack. Artem Metalidi had been quiet most of the day, and limped. Phan moved all-in from the button for about 12BB with those pesky pocket fives, Metalidi had been slow-playing pocket jacks and when the action came back around to him, insta-called. More blanks and we were down to an unofficial FT of 10, Phan taking home no less than $725K.

The 10-handed table saw Dyer still well out in front (188BB) ahead of Cynn's 122BB and Lynskey's 94BB.

Action soon started, on the very first hand Yueqi 3-bet shoved for 24.8m chip s (with the BB at 500K, working out the multiples wasn't too hard) and he got it through.

Very next hand, Aram Zobian and Micheal Dyer saw a flop, Zobian check-raised all-in and Dyer let it go.

Fourth hand and we had another all-in, Miles shoving on Cada from the Big Blind, the former champ eventually folding.

Miles still the short stack though, and shoved again this time on a Lynskey open. No takers, but was a significant addition to his stack.

Soon he was at it again. John Cynn opened pre-flop and Miles called. An innocent looking all-red flop of 9-6-2 saw Miles check, Cynn bet and Miles call. The turn card was a jack, Miles checked again, Cynn bet again and Miles check-raised all-in, Cynn quickly called. Cynn had pocket aces, but Miles had J-9 for two pair and one card later he'd doubled up again, moving him up to a fairly safe 6th in chips.

Dyer was the first player over 100m, using his big stack to bully other players off hands, and when Level 36 started (300K/600K/100K ante), he had more than double any other player.

It took 10 hands of the new level to sort things out, and the final hand was a corker. Nicolas Manion opened, Antoine Labat called, and Yueqi Zhu shoved for 24m. Manion then re-shoved for 43m and after a count, Labat (covering the other two) called. Cards were on their backs:

Zhu King of hearts/King of spades
Manion Ace of hearts/Ace of spades
Labat King of clubs/King of diamonds.

Manion was in very good shape, but Labat had a chance if clubs or diamonds came to knock-out both others. Zhu was in very bad shape, drawing only to a chop with a King-high straight. Labat got some hope with two clubs on the flop, but a spade on the turn left him and Zhu drawing dead. Manion became the chip leader for the real FT, Labat was down to about 13BB, and Zhu (the winner of event 35 a few weeks ago) was gone, so that's 10 Yueqi Zhu, with $850K as compensation.

The seat draw and stacks for the final table:
Seat 1 Artem Metalidi 15.475m
Seat 2 John Cynn 37.075m
Seat 3 Alex Lynskey 25.925m
Seat 4 Tony Miles 42.75m
Seat 5 Nicolas Manion 112.775m
Seat 6 Aram Zobian 18.875m
Seat 7 Michael Dyer 109.175m
Seat 8 Joe Cada 23.675m
Seat 9 Antoine Labat 8.05m

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 12, 2018, 09:53:09 AM »

With the Main Event playing down to the FT, what would it take to take some of the attention away and focus it on one of the other events?

Phil Hellmuth winning his 15th bracelet, that's what. The Poker Brat has had a terrible series by his standards, with only 5 cashes, all for $6K or less but all that's forgotten now. Full update to follow later.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: July 12, 2018, 11:38:46 AM »

37th place finisher really deserved a write up of his bust out hand 
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 12, 2018, 12:22:57 PM »

I was cursing you for not revealing what it was, but it is well worth the effort of searching through pokernews for it.  It is on day 6 to make the search easier.  Imagine getting that far and then doing that? 

The Vanessa Selbst exit was classic Selbst too.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 12, 2018, 12:35:28 PM »

On Doug Polk You tube ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GamW_TwKgmQ

He must have been really tilted from the hand before when he doubled up AQ spades guy.

Enjoy a lot of DP , Doug Polk that is  Grin
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 12:40:28 PM by bookiebasher » Logged
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: July 12, 2018, 12:57:55 PM »

the discipline to get to day 6. but then the absolute balls to do that, stack off, get up, coat on, bag on shoulder. farcical torching of equity  idiot idiot idiot
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: July 12, 2018, 12:59:19 PM »

I was cursing you for not revealing what it was, but it is well worth the effort of searching through pokernews for it.  It is on day 6 to make the search easier.  Imagine getting that far and then doing that? 

The Vanessa Selbst exit was classic Selbst too.

whilst it's clearly a dumb punt. the guy tanked for 8 mins if I read the reporting right, with essentially the top of his range, as AQ in this spot is likely better than KK with blocker removal for top set. if he folds 'shes a genius'.  Pretty similar to mizrachi punting ridiculously the whole of the time on pokergo stream and having people make insanely tight folds so everyone lauded him for being great at building a stack.

results orientated ftw
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 13, 2018, 07:23:04 AM »

With the Main Event playing down to the FT, what would it take to take some of the attention away and focus it on one of the other events?

Phil Hellmuth winning his 15th bracelet, that's what. The Poker Brat has had a terrible series by his standards, with only 5 cashes, all for $6K or less but all that's forgotten now. Full update to follow later.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 13, 2018, 07:24:21 AM »

Event 68 - The Little One For One Drop, $1000 + $111 NLH, Day 3 of 4, 4732 entries

14 will come back to compete for the Little One Drop, with over half a million dollars accompanying the bracelet for the winner.

Christopher Staats holds the chip lead with two Frenchmen in the top 4 - Erwann Pecheux 2nd and Francois Tosques 4th, separated by Richard Cox in 3rd.

Players from Korea, Russia, the Philippines, India and the UK are all inside the top 10, the British representative being Paul Byrne.

Day 3 chip leader Justin Liberto is still involved but has now dropped to 11th.

Event 70 - $3K Limit Hold'em 6-handed, Day 3 of 3, 221 entries

The joint Day 2 chip leaders, Yaser Al-Keliddar and Juha Helppi ended the event in the top 2 positions, the American getting the better of the Finn heads-up and taking $154K to Helppi's $95K.

Barry Greenstein made the FT, but finished in 6th place.

Event 71 - $5K NLH (30 minute levels), Day 2 of 2, 452 entries

I've already posted the spoiler that Phil Hellmuth won his 15th bracelet, extending his all-time record, his first bracelet since 2015.

He came from behind to beat Steven Wolansky heads-up with yet another Ameicn, Alan Strenberg in third.

Paul Fontan was the highest placed British player, just missing the FT in 10th ($30881), Chi Zhang was 24th for $13K and Liv Boeree 31st for $11K.

Event 72 - $1500 NLH/PLO mix 8-handed, Day 2 of 3, 707 entries

Ryan Leng was third at the end of Day 1, and he has moved up two places by end of Day 2 ahead of Jesse Vilchez and Yuval Bronshtein.

There are two British players among the 15 remaining players, Harrow's Jerome Bradpiece and Samuel Welbourne who the WSOP say is from Cittcehampton, which I presume is really Littlehampton.

Event 73 - $1000 Double Stack NLH, 30-minute levels, Day 1 of 2, 1221 entries

Another Turbo-style event, attracting a decent 1200+ field. The Day 1 chip leader is local player Evan Lipshultz ahead of Jason Johnson and Brazilian Thiago Nikijima who won a bracelet in 2015.

As with event 72, two Brits through - one Londoner Daniel Pridham and one from a completely mangled town name, Nicholas Smith from "Cluethoriacs". If anyone has any idea what that is supposed to be, please let me know!

Event 74 - $10K Big Blind Antes NLH Championship, Day 1 of 3, 327 entries so far

115 players battled through Day 1, with Robert Mizrachi the chip leader ahead of Peter Weinand and Jason Mangold. Mark Teltscher is the leader of a strong British challenge in 5th, with Conor Beresford, Scott Margereson, Oliver Price, Elliott Peterman, Stephen Chidwick, Jules Dickerson, and the very short-stacked Liv Boeree also involved.

Three former ME winners are clustered close together in midfield, Martin Jacobson, Ryan Reiss and Greg Merson, and I wouldn't be surprised if Phil Hellmuth registers for this before late reg ends at the start of Day 2.

To Start Today
Event 75 - "The Closer" $1500 NLH (30 minute levels), 2 Day Event with 3 Day 1s
Event 76 - $3K HORSE, 3 Day Event

There will be TV coverage of the Main Event on BT Sport/ESPN from 11:30 tonight and then supposedly live from 2:00am

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 13, 2018, 07:27:16 AM »

Press Release by WSOP;

Poker Hall of Fame Announces Class of 2018
John Hennigan and Mori Eskandani Joins Poker’s Elite Club

LAS VEGAS (July 12, 2018) – The 2018 Poker Hall of Fame (PHOF) Class has its newest members as first-time eligible John Hennigan and noted poker television production executive Mori Eskandani enter poker’s elite club.  

Hennigan and Eskandani become the 55th and 56th individuals to be inducted into the Poker Hall of Fame.  

They were nominated by the public, vetted by the PHOF Governing Council and voted in by the 28 living Poker Hall of Fame members, and an 18-person Blue Ribbon Media Panel, it was announced today by the Poker Hall of Fame Governing Council.

Hennigan and Eskandani were inducted officially on Thursday, July 12 as part of the live World Series of Poker Main Event final table coverage on ESPN (6pm PT).  

With over $8 million in career tournament winnings and five WSOP gold bracelets, Hennigan has been a force in poker for more than two decades, with an ability to excel in all variants of poker.  He’s already cashed ten times at the 2018 WSOP, including a first, second and three seventh place finishes, and currently leads the WSOP Player of the Year race.  

“I’m very excited by this news and grateful that it came at a point in my career when I was mature enough to be honored by it, because I am,” said Hennigan upon learning the news.  “Thanks to everyone who voted for me!”

Eskandani is renowned in the poker industry for his production of the leading poker programming on television the past two decades.  From the World Series of Poker on ESPN to the NBC Heads Up Championship, Poker After Dark and High Stakes Poker, Eskandani has helped bring the game of poker to the masses and ensure the game is always front and center with the public from a television medium standpoint.  The one time poker player, Eskandani saw the growth of poker  coming twenty years ago, and used his expertise of the game to create captivating programming in the poker genre to provide television audiences a steady diet of exciting fare.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 13, 2018, 07:29:29 AM »

John Hennigan and David Oppenheim I assume would be fav?

Simon knew......

Click to see full-size image.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 13, 2018, 10:17:09 AM »

Love him or hate him Hellmuth 15th bracelet is some achievement

Certainly is, wp him.

He gets a lot of stick from the hotshot kids who know everything as to his technical anility as a poker player, but he still keeps winning bracelets. 

I know it was only a jab but I don’t think it was the right spot . I doubt many of the hotshot kids jab at Hellmuth because of his ‘technical’ ability. He obviously does a lot of things right and has an intimidating table presence. The reason so many of the ‘hotshot’ kids have a go at him is because for someone who has played as long as he has and should be an ambassador for poker he really represents himself rather poorly time and time and again. In fact, I’m curious why you are quick to call out the ‘hotshot’ kids who generally behave rather well imo but don’t call out the older generation of dealer abusers and card throwers etc.

Recently he ‘called out’ the hotshot kids who play for tiny pieces of themselves in super high rollers whilst selling at a rip off markup himself and also having a small piece. He’s just a bad loser who can often lack class.

All that said, I feel he is probably a good person and has a good heart but let’s not turn this round on the young hotshots. He is a representative of the old school and while his results prove the older generation can still kick it with the younger guys and are very impressive, his behavior isn’t.

Apologies for the mini rant.  I’m on a diet and miserable.

<3

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: