blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:57:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 93136 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 20, 2022, 10:05:38 PM »

Well, all 4 of them won, should have gone acca crazy.  Think Norrie bossed that a bit despite only winning 7-6, 7-6.   He didn't give up a single break point.  Seems to have got over his hiccup in form

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 22, 2022, 07:41:51 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/60477559

Incredible scenes.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 22, 2022, 11:12:35 PM »

Must massively screw up the late arrivers from Europe; I never get used to the late finishes when arriving in Vegas for a week at the WSOP and I am not having to run round a tennis court.

It seems a bit of a stretch to early on a Tuesday morning is European prime time.  Most of the matches are in the middle of the night, so the start times can't be aimed at us.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 22, 2022, 11:23:09 PM »

Must massively screw up the late arrivers from Europe; I never get used to the late finishes when arriving in Vegas for a week at the WSOP and I am not having to run round a tennis court.

It seems a bit of a stretch to early on a Tuesday morning is European prime time.  Most of the matches are in the middle of the night, so the start times can't be aimed at us.

Start times are purely aimed at local weather conditions.  No games start before 6pm local time as i imagine no one would buy tickets to watch at 2pm given the heat.   This was a freaky night all three matches went 3 hours + which is insane
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 23, 2022, 12:43:30 PM »

Andy beaten today, Emma stopped after an injury time out.

i wonder what the odds on Andy announcing that Wimbledon would be his last tour event

i can't see him carrying on just to get knocked out 1st and 2nd round week in week out

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 23, 2022, 01:16:04 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/60490225

Looks like the jet lag and long match got to Alexander in the end.
I’m not looking forward to the Zverev/Medvedev era
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 23, 2022, 10:59:42 PM »

I did think that can't have helped, but there is no excuse.

In the minute before before that he was disputing the line call that looked like it clipped the line.  He was abusing the umpire and calling him a f'in idiot.  Taking into account the alleged previous with his girlfriend that they haven't got round to banning him for yet, then he is looking at a reslly long ban.  He was literally aiming at the umpire's feet with one of those shots and people have been thrown out for accidentally hitting umpires/lie judges.

Good news for Norrie, he is effectively up a place! 

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 25, 2022, 08:24:29 AM »

Norrie won really well again last night in Mexico, so is in the semi of an ATP500.  Tsitsipas is a better draw than Nadal, but tough from here, so likely remains at 12.  Definitely getting his form back and all these points are going to give him a good chance of top 10 later in the year.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 26, 2022, 07:43:45 AM »

Norrie in the final of the 250 in San Diego tonight, a win will get him on the verge of top 20. Is he good enough to break into top 10 next year?

A win tomorrow and he scrapes into 10th spot

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 28, 2022, 10:40:41 AM »

Jack Draper won again yesterday for his third ATP challenger title of the year.  Youngest ever Brit to win 3 (FWIW Murray could have done it younger but move up after 2 wins).  Now in the top 10 under 21s in the World. 

Will be interesting to see what levels Raducanu and him are playing at by the year end. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 07, 2022, 05:39:53 PM »

are the men having qualifying for Indian wells this weeks i can see the draw for it on the WTA page starting tonight but nothing on the men's page

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 08, 2022, 08:21:28 AM »

I did think that can't have helped, but there is no excuse.

In the minute before before that he was disputing the line call that looked like it clipped the line.  He was abusing the umpire and calling him a f'in idiot.  Taking into account the alleged previous with his girlfriend that they haven't got round to banning him for yet, then he is looking at a reslly long ban.  He was literally aiming at the umpire's feet with one of those shots and people have been thrown out for accidentally hitting umpires/lie judges.

Good news for Norrie, he is effectively up a place! 

Ridiculous lenient punishment for Zverev.  Probation for 12 months with a possible 8 week ban of he is naughty again.   

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 08, 2022, 08:24:38 AM »

are the men having qualifying for Indian wells this weeks i can see the draw for it on the WTA page starting tonight but nothing on the men's page

Assume it was probably just timing, or a slow update, but it is here.

https://bnpparibasopen.com/score-center/draws/

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 08, 2022, 08:31:56 AM »

Yeah seen it this morning

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 08, 2022, 10:13:11 AM »

Did you find a stream for the qualifying?  Boulter, Dart and Watson all made it through the first round, so wouldn't mind watching some tonight if I get time.  There are only two qualifying rounds, so win tonight and they are in the main draw.

You can see the main matches on Amazon Prime from tomorrow which is good for me.   

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: