blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:25:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 89808 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2021, 11:06:09 PM »

Raducanu is 10/1 to win Indian Wells on the Skybet Raducanu specials which you find under tennis.

She is 9.4/10 on Betfair to win the Australian Open which is pretty likely to have a stronger field even with quarantine regs (Barty surely plays and Osaka can't be less likely to play given she is missing Indian Wells).

I know she isn't seeded, but they must have this one wrong?   They let me have £2.50 so guess it is £25 max. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2021, 11:35:04 PM »

Raducanu is 10/1 to win Indian Wells on the Skybet Raducanu specials which you find under tennis.

She is 9.4/10 on Betfair to win the Australian Open which is pretty likely to have a stronger field even with quarantine regs (Barty surely plays and Osaka can't be less likely to play given she is missing Indian Wells).

I know she isn't seeded, but they must have this one wrong?   They let me have £2.50 so guess it is £25 max. 

thanks i got £25 on no problem, i am not sure if she will take up her wildcard last interview i heard she says she might go there and she might not. but at 10-1 risk rewards seems ok

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 29, 2021, 11:27:03 AM »

these are crazy prices. There is no way she is near 10/1 for either of these tournies. She played great and ran well in one tourney. I might have to load up Betfair for this.

Similar thing happened to Gauff's odds after her breakout.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 11:29:46 AM by bergeroo » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2021, 11:37:02 AM »

Agreed she still hasn't beaten a top 10 player in her career.   She needs to forget about Bond movies and get her head down and kick on to avoid being potentially a one and done slam winner.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 29, 2021, 09:12:09 PM »

Will happily take 10/1 on Indian Wells, cheers.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2021, 01:55:13 PM »

How much longer will Murray get wildcards if he doesn't  get his ranking into top 100?
As a former number 1 and winner of slams will he get invites as much as long as he wants?

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2021, 04:11:01 PM »

I didn't watch the game last night but I feel he is playing at quite a high level, similar to Evans or Norrie and players ranked from 20 to 40. He played at a very high level vs Tsitspias and it was almost vintage Murray in parts of that match and some of the other matches has has lost have been tight, he isn't getting blown away, plus as a non seed you can often get tough draws and it is a vicious cycle.

If I am an ATP 250 or 500 tourney organiser then I am definitely giving Murray a wild card if he wants one because he is a grand slam winner, can put some bums on seats and draw interest and I also still think he has it in his locker to win one of these tournaments.

For the grand slams and probably the Masters 1000s I don't think he can probably win one of these again, but his ranking is only just outside the cut off anyway.

The whole wildcard system is a sham anyway usually to get a few more home players in the field. Some countries like France or the US benefit massively from this but if you are from some obscure country you have to do it all on hard work!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2021, 05:51:52 PM »

The whole wildcard system is a sham anyway usually to get a few more home players in the field. Some countries like France or the US and the UK benefit massively from this but if you are from some obscure country you have to do it all on hard work!
FYP the GB players that get wildcards for wimbledon can play the rest of the reason without worry as 1st round prize money is more than they get for the rest of the year. Also as a Brit in wimbledon they get a bonus from there sponsor. They are also likely to get preferential treatment from the other grandslam countries in a you wash my back i'll wash yours style.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 02, 2021, 05:44:21 PM »

yep totally correct. James Ward built his career for many years off Wimbledon wildcards.

I don't really see Brits getting extra wildcards for other tourneys around the world particularly. There is a thing between france and australia where they each give each other a wildcard for the grand slam in their country.

I'd like to see a stat of which players got the most wildcards in their careers. Must be out there somewhere.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 03, 2021, 03:47:46 PM »

Norrie in the final of the 250 in San Diego tonight, a win will get him on the verge of top 20. Is he good enough to break into top 10 next year?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 03, 2021, 06:53:43 PM »

Norrie in the final of the 250 in San Diego tonight, a win will get him on the verge of top 20. Is he good enough to break into top 10 next year?

He could do it, but can't really see it.   Thinking he is maximising his potential with top 20.  Big old gap between 20 and 10 in ranking points.  Can you see him getting to the semi final in a major?  FWIW He is doing well in the race, but still needs a bigger result to get to the end of season finals and there isn't much time left.  Dunno how possible it is. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 03, 2021, 07:37:14 PM »

He could do it, but can't really see it.   Thinking he is maximising his potential with top 20.  Big old gap between 20 and 10 in ranking points.  Can you see him getting to the semi final in a major?  FWIW He is doing well in the race, but still needs a bigger result to get to the end of season finals and there isn't much time left.  Dunno how possible it is. 

think if he wants to make finals this season he needs to win tonight and Indian wells i cant see it happening but i think he has a chance at top 10 next year but he could also end up outside top 50

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 03, 2021, 08:11:18 PM »

think if he wants to make finals this season he needs to win tonight and Indian wells i cant see it happening but i think he has a chance at top 10 next year but he could also end up outside top 50

Tonight makes no real difference; he needs to win Indain Wells or the Paris Masters to get in the finals.  To get top 10, he needs to be competing in those tournaments, not the 250s.  There are 1500 points to a top 10 ranking, and at least 1000 to get to the tour finals this year.  Think this year is pretty much not possible, looking at it more closely, as even if he winsa Masters tournament, one of his rivals could easily pick up another 250 or final one of the Masters events too.

He can get pretty close on absolute ranking, but he needs to make another big step up for top 10.   I think it is a lot easier for Raducanu to get top 10, as the gap is smaller, and she isn't losing significant ranking points for a long time.  And she has age on her side obv.   

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 04, 2021, 07:39:16 PM »

I can't find any outright betting for Indian Wells - does it not go up until after the quallies?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 04, 2021, 10:54:56 PM »

I can't find any outright betting for Indian Wells - does it not go up until after the quallies?

Might go up after the draw, which is tonight.

Raducanu went 6/1 to win Indian Wells with Sky, then it disappeared.  Will be interesting to see what happens when Betfair and the other bookies go up.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: