blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:50:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 93313 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 11, 2021, 07:11:40 PM »

The stadium for Evans match is deserted

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 11, 2021, 08:36:14 PM »

Doobs you understand the rankings better than most why is Murray losing so many points this week ? going to drop down 50+ spots in the rankings presuming he gets knowed out in the next round

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 11, 2021, 09:18:42 PM »

Doobs you understand the rankings better than most why is Murray losing so many points this week ? going to drop down 50+ spots in the rankings presuming he gets knowed out in the next round

Everyone has been able to carry points forward from 2019 in thier ranking points, if they got better results in 2019 than 2020.  Everyone could do this, and many people had much better results in 2019, because Covid caused a lot of cancellations in 2020.  In Murray's case he won 250 points in Antwerp in this week in 2019, so those points will disappear officially when Indian Wells finishes, but the live ATP ranking site takes them out early.  This was how Konta was managing to stay so high for most of the year despite having a dreadful time of it for the last 18 months (barring the Nottingham 250 win).  Boulter has suffered worse, as she got her injury pre Covid, so the exemption didn't really help her, as both 2019 and 2020 were poor.

Murray basically needs a big points scoring tournament to get back in the top 100; and he needs at least the quarter final here to not drop too far.   I watched Murray last night and there are definite signs he is coming back; he even did an underarm serve at one point.  Having said that, he does suddenly look old at other points.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2021, 03:25:16 AM »

Ah wasn't sure where the big point drop was coming from as he hasn't done anything this past few years. Yeah I watched him too some good moments but just not as fast as he was going to struggle to get back in top 50 I think

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2021, 08:51:55 AM »

Ah wasn't sure where the big point drop was coming from as he hasn't done anything this past few years. Yeah I watched him too some good moments but just not as fast as he was going to struggle to get back in top 50 I think

On a lot of points, he seems pretty quick, so I think it is more a stamina issue.  He seems to struggle more as the rally goes on and seems to move like an old man on occasion.   Despite this I thinks he gets more game time, he can get better.  Djokovic is his age and Federer can still compete at a high level, so there is no reason Murray can't be top 50 if his health holds.

As an aside, Norrie has got himself a decent draw in the next round, so the quarter final is more likely than not.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2021, 05:42:02 PM »

On a lot of points, he seems pretty quick, so I think it is more a stamina issue.  He seems to struggle more as the rally goes on and seems to move like an old man on occasion.   Despite this I thinks he gets more game time, he can get better.  Djokovic is his age and Federer can still compete at a high level, so there is no reason Murray can't be top 50 if his health holds.

As an aside, Norrie has got himself a decent draw in the next round, so the quarter final is more likely than not.   

UK number 1 if he makes the semi?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2021, 08:01:53 PM »

UK number 1 if he makes the semi?

Looks like it.   Probably deserves it too.  Think this will be his best ever performance at this level if he makes the next round.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 13, 2021, 10:50:59 PM »

didnt think either player was wanting to win there own serves

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 13, 2021, 11:03:56 PM »

didnt think either player was wanting to win there own serves

Yeah shambles of a start to the third set.  Hot sure Norrie wanted to break either, 11 break points in one game. 

First quarter final in an ATP1000.   Hopefully keep playing in front of few spectators at around this time.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2021, 11:17:19 PM »

i just hope its not a late night game, mum woke up this morning to watch andy's game turn on the tv started on bbc "andy murray lost" that was before she got to the app on sky

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 14, 2021, 04:20:40 PM »

i just hope its not a late night game, mum woke up this morning to watch andy's game turn on the tv started on bbc "andy murray lost" that was before she got to the app on sky

He is on at 7pm tonight.  Bit earlier than I was expecting, so thought I'd give you a heads up.   I am likely to miss the first set  because of kids.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 14, 2021, 04:45:24 PM »

Thanks mum already spotted it on amazon before I woke up, she ecstatic no bbc sports reporter ruining it for her in the morning

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 14, 2021, 08:25:45 PM »

best i have seen him play, GB #1 and top 20

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 14, 2021, 08:27:18 PM »

Missed the first set, but the second looked good.  Maybe he'll beat Raducanu to top 10 after all.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 14, 2021, 08:59:40 PM »

Missed the first set, but the second looked good.  Maybe he'll beat Raducanu to top 10 after all.

first set was too easy hardly any unforced errors
i still think he could be top 10 next year going to be seeded for all the events now should get better runs and maybe some decent points in the 1000s i think today was his first ever QF om anything above a 500 a couple more of them and his ranking will climb

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: