blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:16:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 93267 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: October 13, 2023, 01:07:15 PM »

Saw Draper made the final.  Had a brief hope that we had 5 in the top 100, but Broady has been booted already.

Broady is up 7 places and back into top 100 without playing this week. According to https://live-tennis.eu/en/atp-live-ranking

thats the 5 men in top 100

I don't think they were ever officially in at the same time.  The temporary rankings delete the rankings from the same week in the previous year, but people can still overtake by the end of the week..

Broady is still listed outside the top 100, and don't think he has been officially inside this month. 

We giving up on Edmund yet?  Sad he can't even win in the first round of small ITF tournaments currently though one time was defeated by the heat.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 13, 2023, 09:50:32 PM »

Barnett/Nicholls got some horrid draws in the few big events they got into, meanwhile they weren't playing in the smaller events and defending points so rankings took a tumble. At one point they were the 3rd ranked GB team after Baines/Lumsden and Christie/Collins. With 3 teams all ranked around the same and Barnett/Nicholls still only ranked 2nd it would be a tough call. Last time round they got the nod when a top4 singles player pulled out and this could be the case again.

Lumsden looks like she might be injured and Christie/Collins look like they are trying new partners.

Edmunds i have no idea where he goes from here, before his last injury in the summer he was showing signs of "game" but he was chasing the big events rather than building from challengers. Going to be a hard struggle to get back into the top 250 never mind the top 100.

Cash is into the final of Malaga with Galloway, Pattern beaten in the QF shame too see them split  after such a run in the past 18 months

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 14, 2023, 09:32:07 AM »

Didn't realise they had fallen so far, do they get the number 1 ranking back if they win today.

Just had a thought, Tara Moore has disappeared from the news.  Couldn't see any recent news stories, she has deleted her twitter and is now showing as a former tennis player on Wikipedia.  Wikipedia has no recent news and there is no reference for the "former".

I couldn't even find the length of her ban.  Did she just retire after getting suspended?  Or do we just assume it is what happened until hearing otherwise.  Quite a difference to Simona Halep who seems to still crop up frequently.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 14, 2023, 03:50:42 PM »

even if they won the event they would still be 2 and 4 in the rankings behind Lumsden 1 and Baines 3

as it happens they are 3 and 5 with  Watson into a F this week and will take the 3rd spot with a win

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 14, 2023, 08:06:45 PM »

Edmund is down for qualifying rounds of Glasgow in 1 weeks time and Sunderland in 2 weeks time, not even getting wildcards into the main draw for these events is going to be a long hard slog. Though maybe he wants to qualies to get him some game time

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 16, 2023, 05:08:21 PM »

Not getting any easier for Norrie, 17th in live rankings means unseeded and playing Fritz (1 seed) in the first round in Tokoyo. Draper playing Alec De-M 3am tomorrow morning.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 19, 2023, 08:26:50 PM »

Not getting any easier for Norrie, 17th in live rankings means unseeded and playing Fritz (1 seed) in the first round in Tokoyo. Draper playing Alec De-M 3am tomorrow morning.

Both gone

FWIW Edmund has won 3 matches at Edgbaston.

Of more interest for the future, Hannah Klugman has won 2 in an ITF W100 at Shrewsbury.  Just beaten Miyazaki.  She was the youngest to ever qualify for one and is still only 14.  

She will be the only 14 year old in the top 1000 on the WTA rankings; if she wins the next match, she'll be ranked higher than any 15 year olds. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 08:55:07 PM by Doobs » Logged

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 20, 2023, 06:57:28 PM »

That's a final for Edmunds, now think it a futures 25, so 16 points atleast, 25 if he can get the win

it's a start

Klugman took a player just outside the top 100 to 3 sets should be an interesting watch over the next 6 seasons or so

think i seen her in the girls doubles event at Wimbledon or US open not sure which but name rings a bell

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 30, 2023, 10:53:48 AM »

That's a final for Edmunds, now think it a futures 25, so 16 points atleast, 25 if he can get the win

it's a start

Klugman took a player just outside the top 100 to 3 sets should be an interesting watch over the next 6 seasons or so

think i seen her in the girls doubles event at Wimbledon or US open not sure which but name rings a bell

Mimi Xu beat Klugman last week, so that is another young UK prospect.  I don't think Klugman has ever beat her, but Xu is 18 months older.  Both now in the top 1,000.  Presumably both playing over half term and not missing too much school. 

FWIW we officially have 5 in the top 100 for men today as Broady has crept into the last spot. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 30, 2023, 04:35:33 PM »

OUCH Andy Murray that's going to hurt 5-2 double break up in the 3rd set losing the next 5 games.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 08, 2023, 07:48:41 PM »

good win for Draper today and a challenger tour win last week

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 08, 2023, 11:12:11 PM »

good win for Draper today and a challenger tour win last week

Yeah he is looking good.  GB crushing in the BJK cup for younger people too.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 11, 2023, 11:25:53 AM »

Loads on today.

Draper in ATP final on tennis TV (grrr)
Billie Jean Cup on BBC
BJK junior semi which I think we can watch on YouTube, but USA were on just now.

Good chances to win all 3 here. 

Draper nearly 1/2 in the betting Vs someone way above him in the rankings to win his first ATP title.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 11, 2023, 05:41:23 PM »

Burrage collapse after 4-0 up in first set good win for Boulter
Draper beat 2 good players this week but just missing out on the win and a place in the top 50

Davis cup next  thinking it will be Cam and Draper in singles Murray and Skupski in the doubles

that is if Cam plays

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 12, 2023, 09:57:18 AM »

Burrage collapse after 4-0 up in first set good win for Boulter
Draper beat 2 good players this week but just missing out on the win and a place in the top 50

Davis cup next  thinking it will be Cam and Draper in singles Murray and Skupski in the doubles

that is if Cam plays

Think it is obviously Draper.  You'd take Cam over Murray, but both out of form.  Murray seems to be throwing away a few games from winning positions, so can't have him in the singles right now.  Do you ever consider Broady?  Good for team spirit and in his best form ever? 

Think you have to play Burrage today.  Got to be better playing a weak opponent today than someone much better when she next plays a BJK tie. She has put the odd bad game in, but played well again next time in the past. 

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: