blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:19:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273483 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 100880 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: June 05, 2024, 07:15:51 AM »

Hey Ironside.  Looks like you might be right on Norrie. Out of the seeds for Wimbledon right now.  Has got a wildcard for Nottingham, but likely needs to win it to get back in the seeds?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 06, 2024, 10:17:14 AM »

My bold predictions for the year

Andy will retire after the US open he will announce it before Wimbledon
Draper will be GB number 1
Norrie won't be seeded at Wimbledon
Watson will focus on doubles now she has a ranking good enough to get her into choice of WTA and her singles ranking is ITF
We will have 2 women seeded for the US open

Going to miss out on the last of my bold predictions but the other 4 look more likely than not

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 06, 2024, 10:19:07 AM »

Norrie has been off colour for close on 2 years now could plummet alot further

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 06, 2024, 09:06:23 PM »

another prediction

Evans will drop out the top 100 and retire before the end of season

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 06, 2024, 10:42:39 PM »

Raducanu on just after 6 tonight after 3 easier matches.  Noskova is a bright young thing who has just beaten Ostapenko.  Playing her and Swiatek will give a better picture of where Raducanu is now(don't think the scoreline Vs Kerber reflects the match, and the BJK matches were both 3 setters, so can't get carried away yet).  Don't think Raducanu was completely fit at the end of the Kerber match, which goes someway to explaining the 2.62 odds on Raducanu.  Also Raducanu is having to wait for dropouts to see if she avoids qualifying for the French Open. Not convinced she gets a wild card there.  Though maybe if she beats Swiatek, they can't ignore her?  Big odds on winning the next two matches for Raducanu, so unlikely to be relevant.

One thing I didn't expect at the start of the year was Dan Evans retiring, but it at least looks a possibility judging by some recent comments.  Norrie is still clinging on to his top 32 spot. 

Couple of months late Ironside. Smiley

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 07, 2024, 02:19:45 PM »

Raducanu on just after 6 tonight after 3 easier matches.  Noskova is a bright young thing who has just beaten Ostapenko.  Playing her and Swiatek will give a better picture of where Raducanu is now(don't think the scoreline Vs Kerber reflects the match, and the BJK matches were both 3 setters, so can't get carried away yet).  Don't think Raducanu was completely fit at the end of the Kerber match, which goes someway to explaining the 2.62 odds on Raducanu.  Also Raducanu is having to wait for dropouts to see if she avoids qualifying for the French Open. Not convinced she gets a wild card there.  Though maybe if she beats Swiatek, they can't ignore her?  Big odds on winning the next two matches for Raducanu, so unlikely to be relevant.

One thing I didn't expect at the start of the year was Dan Evans retiring, but it at least looks a possibility judging by some recent comments.  Norrie is still clinging on to his top 32 spot. 

Couple of months late Ironside. Smiley

yeah i remember seeing it now you quoted it :-)

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 08, 2024, 08:52:51 PM »

Dart v Boulter 1st round
Watson really needs to make  the QF or she will run out of wildcards
Emma gets a qualifier in 1st round but potentially top player in the 2nd round

in Stuttgart Draper and Murray have got winnable matches in first round then would meet up in round 2

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 10, 2024, 12:47:13 PM »

oh grass court season how i missed you, play 3 games, cover court, uncover court about to bring players back out, cover court. SKY channel 970 for the BBC live weather reports from Nottingham

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 13, 2024, 12:10:32 PM »

Raducanu and Norrie both on now.  Draw has opened up for Raducanu, so can go a long way.

Read the other day that Burrage misses Wimbledon.  Means a wild card for someone else.  Think decision is tough this year as lots of players in the mix.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 15, 2024, 12:34:31 PM »

Emma gets a walk over  in the QF Jones pulled out, Katie vs Emma for a place in the final should be a good one IF the rain stops this weekend.
Draper into 32 in the live ranking just needs to hold onto that next week to be seeded for Wimbledon.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 15, 2024, 08:01:38 PM »

That Boulter Raducanu first set so good.  Was struggling to pick a winner before the game, and was so close throughout.  Think Boulter the more aggressive.  Not sure if I can catch it tomorrow as going to be in and out but would recommend

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 15, 2024, 11:21:59 PM »

what a day for GB tennis tomorrow, Emma v Katie then then the final, Draper in Stuttgart and 3 of the remaining 4 men in Nottingham British.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 16, 2024, 01:05:36 AM »

what a day for GB tennis tomorrow, Emma v Katie then then the final, Draper in Stuttgart and 3 of the remaining 4 men in Nottingham British.

Dart is in the women's doubles final and Marcus Willis is in the men's doubles (after winning exactly one match).

There are some tickets for later if anyone is local.  I don't think court 1 was fenced off last year, and you could just watch matches there.  Think you'll get to see at least one men's semi final, the women's doubles final and the men's final all for £14.  If I am wrong and they are now fencing off court 1, you'll still get to see a couple of matches on court 2.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 16, 2024, 12:20:47 PM »

Emma has turned down the chance of a WC for the Olympics.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/articles/c511em3zm21o

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 19, 2024, 02:18:17 PM »

Wimbledon wildcards announced

Brit women are, Emma Raducanu,  Heather Watson, Fran Jones and Lily Miyazaki
the other 3 are former grand slam champs, Naomi Osaka, Caroline Wozniacki and Angelique Kerber

Brit men get all 7 wildcards
Liam Broady, Henry Searle, Billy Harris, Jan Choinski, Jacob Fearnley, Arthur Fery and Paul Jubb

6 Brit men and 6 Women get WCs into the qualifiers  

https://www.wimbledon.com/pdf/update/referees/2024/Wildcard_Announcements.pdf

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: