blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:27:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274200 Posts in 66766 Topics by 16731 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 117440 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: June 19, 2024, 05:28:39 PM »

Can't believe they snubbed Thiem for a bunch of randos. But glad Billy Harris got in the main draw!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 19, 2024, 08:00:54 PM »

there are still 3 more wildcards on offer

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 19, 2024, 10:26:28 PM »

Wimbledon wildcards announced

Brit women are, Emma Raducanu,  Heather Watson, Fran Jones and Lily Miyazaki
the other 3 are former grand slam champs, Naomi Osaka, Caroline Wozniacki and Angelique Kerber

Brit men get all 7 wildcards
Liam Broady, Henry Searle, Billy Harris, Jan Choinski, Jacob Fearnley, Arthur Fery and Paul Jubb

6 Brit men and 6 Women get WCs into the qualifiers  

https://www.wimbledon.com/pdf/update/referees/2024/Wildcard_Announcements.pdf

Women's ones are harsh.  Kartal and Banks fighting for one in Ilkley?
 Will look odd if Kartal beats Myazaki in the next match and doesn't get one?  But if one of the others wins in Ilkley then they must get it even if they didn't even get a qualifying wildcard originally (3 youngsters picked on age not ranking.  Not sure you should really pick Klugman on form). 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 20, 2024, 12:05:03 PM »

Can't believe they snubbed Thiem for a bunch of randos. But glad Billy Harris got in the main draw!

Yep, this is odd.  Thought he was getting one, as some tennisaccounts had said that, maybe he didn't ask? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 20, 2024, 12:16:12 PM »

Wimbledon wildcards announced

Brit women are, Emma Raducanu,  Heather Watson, Fran Jones and Lily Miyazaki
the other 3 are former grand slam champs, Naomi Osaka, Caroline Wozniacki and Angelique Kerber

Brit men get all 7 wildcards
Liam Broady, Henry Searle, Billy Harris, Jan Choinski, Jacob Fearnley, Arthur Fery and Paul Jubb

6 Brit men and 6 Women get WCs into the qualifiers  

https://www.wimbledon.com/pdf/update/referees/2024/Wildcard_Announcements.pdf

Women's ones are harsh.  Kartal and Banks fighting for one in Ilkley?
 Will look odd if Kartal beats Miyazaki in the next match and doesn't get one?  But if one of the others wins in Ilkley then they must get it even if they didn't even get a qualifying wildcard originally (3 youngsters picked on age not ranking.  Not sure you should really pick Klugman on form). 

Well Kartal did beat Miyazaki, so guess she is in pole position for now.

Just realised Katie Swan is playing the LTA wildcard playoffs.  If she is fit, she surely deserves a wild card to qualifying at least?  She is still young enough to improve? Hope she makes it through. 

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 20, 2024, 12:35:10 PM »

Yep, this is odd.  Thought he was getting one, as some tennisaccounts had said that, maybe he didn't ask? 

he is not on the entry list for qualies, so he is either injured or completely done with pro tennis and will perhaps play his last tournaments as wildcards in Kitzbuhel and Vienna before he retires. Really sad end to his career.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 01, 2024, 02:46:46 PM »

Think that must be farewell to Heather Watson's singles wild cards at Wimbledon.  Too many good young players coming through going forwards.  Will be a changing of the guard in the men's game too.

Think the draw has opened up for Raducanu.  I think she was in the same quarter as Sabalenka, who has just withdrawn, and is now facing a lucky loser in round 1.  Think she is due to play Sakkari too, who is a bit flakey and she has beaten her before.  Don't f it up. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 01, 2024, 10:01:53 PM »

that was a great come from behind win by Kartal, Her first at tour level as the commentator kept reminding us through out the match
3 out the 4 British women through to the 2nd round, but the 3 men all fell.

12 Brits on court tomorrow i only got 4 screens to watch,

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 02, 2024, 09:53:28 PM »

well at-least 1 Brit in the 3rd round in both the men's and women's draw , Cam vrs Jack and Dart vrs Katie.
Cam looked better than i have seen him in a long time.

Thursday draw i think Fearnley will be on centre against Novak. Cam/Jack on 1 and Katie/Dart on number 2. I could be wrong (as per normal).

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 03, 2024, 03:30:51 PM »

both all Brit matches are on court 1 tomorrow, 3 Scottish players on centre court tomorrow. Jacob v Djokovic and the Murray brothers.
Guessing we will see Andy and Emma on centre court in the mixed on  when they play.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 05, 2024, 01:23:18 PM »

Pleased to see Kartal get so far.  Think she deserved a main card wild card over Watson and Miyazaki.  Dreading the potential Bagel today though hope she gives a good account of herself.  Seems the trans debate is so toxic that every online post on Kartal is destined to have some dickhead saying "that is a man". Was thinking Raducanu had it bad.

Think Miyazaki result was as expected, but Dart and Norrie definitely weren't.  Think Dart likely exhausted herself yesterday, so not expecting much going forward.  Raducanu could go right to the final if she plays like she did in round 2, or get hammered if repeating round 1.
Similarly with Norrie, he has been so bad this year, I don't know how far he can really go.

Don't know if any Brits will be left next Wednesday, but maybe can get Murray/Raducanu on centre?

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 05, 2024, 06:09:05 PM »

Pleased to see Kartal get so far.  Think she deserved a main card wild card over Watson and Miyazaki.  Dreading the potential Bagel today though hope she gives a good account of herself.  Seems the trans debate is so toxic that every online post on Kartal is destined to have some dickhead saying "that is a man". Was thinking Raducanu had it bad.

Think Miyazaki result was as expected, but Dart and Norrie definitely weren't.  Think Dart likely exhausted herself yesterday, so not expecting much going forward.  Raducanu could go right to the final if she plays like she did in round 2, or get hammered if repeating round 1.
Similarly with Norrie, he has been so bad this year, I don't know how far he can really go.

Don't know if any Brits will be left next Wednesday, but maybe can get Murray/Raducanu on centre?

i saw Kartal in round 3 of qualifying and the first 2 rounds of the main draw she's been good so far can see why you have been so big on her for past few years.

Norrie was surprising against Draper havent seen him play like that in a year or 2

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 05, 2024, 09:20:01 PM »

i saw Kartal in round 3 of qualifying and the first 2 rounds of the main draw she's been good so far can see why you have been so big on her for past few years.

Norrie was surprising against Draper havent seen him play like that in a year or 2

Not must of a surprise tonight.  Think she can reach the level of someone like Dart long run.  Don't really get the wildcards.  Watson is drifting down to 160/180, been kind of terrible for a while at singles.  Kartal was about 200 and improving a year or two ago.  Had a stress fracture and illness.  Comes back, wins 3/5 tournaments and may have a decent future.  They pick someone who has had plenty of opportunities, is only going downhill and clearly looking at doubles going forward. 

They got the need to look forward with Klugman and Xu, but not with Banks and Kartal. 

Anyway enough moaning, Raducanu has an easier game up next and looks long odds on for at least a quarter final.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 05, 2024, 10:12:06 PM »

No seeds left in Emma's quarter so a chance of making it to the semis. And that would bring back into play my bold prediction of 2 brit ladies seeded for US open.

Juniors start tomorrow great thing with BBC's coverage is they show all the courts

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 06, 2024, 03:58:42 PM »

No seeds left in Emma's quarter so a chance of making it to the semis. And that would bring back into play my bold prediction of 2 brit ladies seeded for US open.

Juniors start tomorrow great thing with BBC's coverage is they show all the courts

Backed Raducanu e/w yesterday, so not pleased with today's news.  Route to the semi looks decent.  Probably Badosa then Gauff before final.  Vekic isn't very dangerous either.  So was getting 7/2 to beat 2 rags and Gauff which didn't feel bad the form she was in.  More of a fun bet than obvious value anyway.

Favourite today was Zverev getting injured and commentators going on about hope he isn't too badly injured etc.  Me sat there thinking, hope he never plays again... 

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: