blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:19:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274200 Posts in 66766 Topics by 16731 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 117455 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: July 31, 2024, 09:11:57 PM »

oh well no Nadal in the final

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 02, 2024, 02:26:57 PM »

Evans loses 500 points this week and will be nearer 200 than 100 in the rankings next week, he is already in the US open but going to have to do something special over the next 4 weeks to stay on main tour and not have to compete on the challenger tour

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 04, 2024, 01:39:18 PM »

Emma's pulled out of Qualifying for Toronto meaning Dart needs to win the event and Boulter needs a good showing to give my bold prediction of 2 seeds in the US open a chance.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 05, 2024, 11:26:16 AM »

Emma's pulled out of Qualifying for Toronto meaning Dart needs to win the event and Boulter needs a good showing to give my bold prediction of 2 seeds in the US open a chance.

Think you'll be ripping up that betting slip.

People moaning about Raducanu again, but can see why she wouldn't go through qualifying if she has a wildcard for Cincinnati the week after.  Hopefully by the end of the US Open she won't be relying on wildcards to get in 1000s and some 500s. 

Kartal won another ITF at the weekend. 

Back to two men in the top 100 again this morning (wasn't long ago we had 5), but Billy Harris should be there soon enough.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 05, 2024, 12:41:40 PM »

People moaning about Raducanu again, but can see why she wouldn't go through qualifying if she has a wildcard for Cincinnati the week after.  Hopefully by the end of the US Open she won't be relying on wildcards to get in 1000s and some 500s. 

has that been confirmed last thing i read said she hadn't gotten one

seen that, she has started playing better since you wrote her off a couple of months ago :-)
Katie Swan pulled out injured in the first round in this comp i am guessing she could be hanging up her racquet soon

Back to two men in the top 100 again this morning (wasn't long ago we had 5), but Billy Harris should be there soon enough.

he has been doing well over in the USA last few weeks got into Montreal qualifying as an Alternate and is 1 win away from main draw
Question i have is Davis cup team Obviously its Norrie/Draper 1 and 2 do we keep Evans in team or bring in Harris who is in better form or one of the guys in there mid 20s?

Dart is a win away from the Toronto main draw

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 05, 2024, 02:01:22 PM »

seen that, she has started playing better since you wrote her off a couple of months ago :-)
Katie Swan pulled out injured in the first round in this comp i am guessing she could be hanging up her racquet soon

he has been doing well over in the USA last few weeks got into Montreal qualifying as an Alternate and is 1 win away from main draw
Question i have is Davis cup team Obviously its Norrie/Draper 1 and 2 do we keep Evans in team or bring in Harris who is in better form or one of the guys in there mid 20s?

Raducanu hasn't got a wildcard yet, but guessing she might have had a nod. 

Can't remember writing Kartal off, maybe for just the one match.

Swan is still young, so can come back.  Will be a long way back though.  Assuming Burrage gets a protected ranking at some stage, so she can make it back easier, and she is younger too. 

Depends what Evans wants to do for David Cup.  Assuming he'll be in the squad if he wants, though might be bowing out soon, as discussed before?  Suddenly not much competition for spots. 

Same with the women for the BJK cup.  Boulter, Raducanu and Dart obvious, but if one or two are injured there isn't much depth. Though that should change soon when the young ones come through.  Will probably look healthy again somd time next year. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 05, 2024, 04:17:08 PM »

Raducanu hasn't got a wildcard yet, but guessing she might have had a nod. 

Swan is still young, so can come back.  Will be a long way back though.  Assuming Burrage gets a protected ranking at some stage, so she can make it back easier, and she is younger too. 

Depends what Evans wants to do for David Cup.  Assuming he'll be in the squad if he wants, though might be bowing out soon, as discussed before?  Suddenly not much competition for spots. 

Same with the women for the BJK cup.  Boulter, Raducanu and Dart obvious, but if one or two are injured there isn't much depth. Though that should change soon when the young ones come through.  Will probably look healthy again somd time next year. 

Raducanu hasn't got a wildcard for Cincinnati either.  You were right Ironside

So Mexico or Cleveland it is?  Assumed she'd get at least one if they are handing them out to Wozniacki and Osaka?

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 05, 2024, 08:58:27 PM »

dart was 6-4 6-6 in 2nd round of Qualifying and retired injured

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 05, 2024, 09:14:01 PM »

my mistake got it mixed up with a post where you mentioned her and Watson

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 06, 2024, 04:37:17 PM »

Dart gets into the main draw as a lucky loser, she was taken off court in a wheelchair according to reports it could of been cramp

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 12, 2024, 08:08:00 PM »

Kartal wins again ranking up the points in these 35s next up is the US open qualifiers
Dart got through to the main draw in Cinci

US Open
Team GB
mens
Draper
Norrie
Evans

Ladies
Boulter
Raducanu
Dart

Qualifiers
Mens
Harris
Fearnley
Jubb

Ladies
Miyazaki
Kartal
Watson
Jones

i think those numbers are quite healthy

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 16, 2024, 08:40:43 PM »

Norrie has withdrawn from the US open

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 16, 2024, 10:52:54 PM »

Kartal wins again ranking up the points in these 35s next up is the US open qualifiers
Dart got through to the main draw in Cinci

US Open
Team GB
mens
Draper
Norrie
Evans

Ladies
Boulter
Raducanu
Dart

Qualifiers
Mens
Harris
Fearnley
Jubb

Ladies
Miyazaki
Kartal
Watson
Jones

i think those numbers are quite healthy
Broady is now in men's qualifiers.

Choinski and Crawford are next in line, so should get in.  Going to be tough for either to make the main draw.

Mimi Xu doing good things in both doubles and singles at W35 Aldershot. Going to be past Klugman in the rankings soon.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 27, 2024, 11:43:42 PM »

WOW Evans that 5th set is worth watching again!!!!

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 29, 2024, 11:22:52 AM »

was absolutely epic!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: