blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:37:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274200 Posts in 66766 Topics by 16731 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 117445 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: August 30, 2024, 01:18:02 PM »

The draw has opened up for Draper with Alcaraz and Korda's defeats

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 04, 2024, 10:46:05 PM »

The draw has opened up for Draper with Alcaraz and Korda's defeats

Well and truly, and feck Zverev and his lawsuits too.  Going to be the hardest semi, but clearly on top of his game right now. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 05, 2024, 02:16:50 PM »

Broady's rank is down from 90ish when he got injured to about 350 now has he got any protection?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 05, 2024, 11:33:50 PM »

Broady's rank is down from 90ish when he got injured to about 350 now has he got any protection?

He can't have, he has carried on playing much of the year. 

Three kids in the semis of the boys/girls singles is pretty solid.  Might even get 3 girls in the semis of the girls doubles too.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 06, 2024, 06:58:11 PM »

Just seen Robertson lose his semi and Stojsavljevic (i had to copy and paste that one :-) ) win hers
now it's hoping Xu (no need to copy and paste) can make it an all GB final
if we Add in Klugman have we got a bright future?

before settling in for Draper's semi

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 08, 2024, 09:52:33 AM »

Just seen Robertson lose his semi and Stojsavljevic (i had to copy and paste that one :-) ) win hers
now it's hoping Xu (no need to copy and paste) can make it an all GB final
if we Add in Klugman have we got a bright future?

before settling in for Draper's semi

Saw the end of Mika's match (never remembering that surname) yesterday.  She looked pretty decent, more solid than Klugman when I have seen her this year.

We now have the two highest ranked under 16s in the World, and though they don't always progress to the top, with Xu too, we should have a bright future. 

Jodie Burrage is back btw.  Her and Kartal were playing qualifying for WTA Monastir yesterday. Both won.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 08, 2024, 02:00:47 PM »

yeah saw the Kartal and Burrage results, here is hoping they can make it through to main draw

Davis Cup this week Harris and Patten in to replace Norrie and Salisbury

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 14, 2024, 01:26:41 AM »

Kartal just won again.  Her game is improving, but definitely needs to work on her serve after the season ends.

She is through to the semi in Monastir, and nobody that good is left in. Three of the four remaining are outside the top 100.  She could easily final this, then will be on the borders of top 100 and auto entry in slams.

Think I suggested a few weeks ago on here (or somewhere else) that Raducanu might have accidentally played a blinder by missing the American swing.  All the top 10 players are missing Korea, so Raducanu has a great chance for a charge up the rankings too.  Weirdly, the Express seems to think the top 10 players missing is bad for Raducanu, or something.

Anyway Kartal is 2nd on tomorrow, so think she'll be playing whilst the WCOOP 8 game is on. Hoping we both run pure. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 14, 2024, 06:24:24 PM »

i saw the match this morning and the one semi just now, she has got herself there by playing alot of smaller events and winning. She has a good chance now of getting herself into and established in the top 100 now

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 14, 2024, 08:58:51 PM »

i saw the match this morning and the one semi just now, she has got herself there by playing alot of smaller events and winning. She has a good chance now of getting herself into and established in the top 100 now

Didn't see tonight's match.  Missed the start as pokering and it was already over when I joined.

Think she just gets top 100 by bimbling around from now on, as she didn't play much at the start of the season.   

She has had a hell of a season really, her win/loss ratio must be obscene.  Her defense is pretty solid, just the serve is a bit gash still.

bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 15, 2024, 10:12:30 AM »

Kartal just won again.  Her game is improving, but definitely needs to work on her serve after the season ends.

She is through to the semi in Monastir, and nobody that good is left in. Three of the four remaining are outside the top 100.  She could easily final this, then will be on the borders of top 100 and auto entry in slams.

Think I suggested a few weeks ago on here (or somewhere else) that Raducanu might have accidentally played a blinder by missing the American swing.  All the top 10 players are missing Korea, so Raducanu has a great chance for a charge up the rankings too.  Weirdly, the Express seems to think the top 10 players missing is bad for Raducanu, or something.

Anyway Kartal is 2nd on tomorrow, so think she'll be playing whilst the WCOOP 8 game is on. Hoping we both run pure. 

saw you got 3rd in the $109 8 game WCOOP last night , and a deep run in the FLO8 . well played doobs
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 15, 2024, 11:04:54 AM »

saw you got 3rd in the $109 8 game WCOOP last night , and a deep run in the FLO8 . well played doobs

Ah, thanks.  Not bad for first night's WCOOP.  Still think I am fairly crap at 8 game, but won it in SCOOP last year too. Obviously got no idea in FLO8 too!  Randomness is a big thing.  Going to try and take Friday off, as think there is another 8 game and O8 on Thursday.  Will check first.

Go on Sonay looked last night and she was about 1/2.  Seems a mad price in a WTA final for Kartal.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 15, 2024, 05:21:38 PM »

Didn't see tonight's match.  Missed the start as pokering and it was already over when I joined.

Think she just gets top 100 by bimbling around from now on, as she didn't play much at the start of the season.   

She has had a hell of a season really, her win/loss ratio must be obscene.  Her defense is pretty solid, just the serve is a bit gash still.

commentator before todays game said she had won 43 out of 50

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 15, 2024, 06:32:01 PM »

44 out of 51 now.  Going to be in the top 100 for a while now, only got 38 points to defend until April.  Hence will get auto entry to Australia.  Can't see how she doesn't get French Open either.

Some run of results.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 16, 2024, 09:28:28 AM »

44 out of 51 now.  Going to be in the top 100 for a while now, only got 38 points to defend until April.  Hence will get auto entry to Australia.  Can't see how she doesn't get French Open either.

Some run of results.

Not to forget Jake Fearnley who won his 3rd challenger at the weekend.  Another who will be in the top100 soon? 

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: