blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:16:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  VARargh
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VARargh  (Read 12032 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2018, 11:26:40 PM »

What do we make of this then?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:23:27 PM »

surprised this has had no replies,  with it being such a potentially game changing piece of technology, or whatever anybody chooses to call it.

i am an extremely keen, and equally clueless, armchair fan, liverpool for the record.

i listened to the match on radio. went to sleep before MOTD,  half heartedly  read a couple of tabloids in the canteen on my morning break. have not seen footage of either penalty.

none of that will ever alter my simple, and probably altruistic view.

please please mr FA , if you insist on going ahead with VAR , only ever use it for if the ball has crossed the line. leave penalty decisions to the referee, god help us if we start looking at offside decisions, if he makes a really obvious mistake , then suck it up, rather than debating it with
how ever many extra officials that you deem necessary.

its only been going 2 weeks or so, it is already a laughing stock. 
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 07:43:45 PM »

surprised this has had no replies,  with it being such a potentially game changing piece of technology, or whatever anybody chooses to call it.

i am an extremely keen, and equally clueless, armchair fan, liverpool for the record.

i listened to the match on radio. went to sleep before MOTD,  half heartedly  read a couple of tabloids in the canteen on my morning break. have not seen footage of either penalty.

please please mr FA , if you insist on going ahead with VAR , only ever use it for if the ball has crossed the line. leave penalty decisions to the referee, god help us if we start looking at offside decisions, if he makes a really obvious mistake , then suck it up, rather than debating it with

I agree with you. Linear decisions only please and leave all of the subjective stuff to the refs.

A reversion to the old offside rule which everybody understood would be good too instead of all the second phase clear as mud stuff we have now.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 09:23:04 AM »

I agree with you. Linear decisions only please and leave all of the subjective stuff to the refs.

A reversion to the old offside rule which everybody understood would be good too instead of all the second phase clear as mud stuff we have now.

Maybe take a lead from tennis's hawkeye and let each team appeal the VAR 3 times each half?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 09:56:55 AM »

Football chiefs have released a statement on Jon Moss, saying his reference to TV was "misguided". Read more: http://bbc.in/2E4RzfR

My eyes are open wide
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 04:18:54 PM »

From Portugal. Boavista concede a goal that looks like it could well be offside. They have VAR and go to the camera which is obscured by a Boavista fans massive flag. As a result VAR is inconclusive and the goal is allowed to stand! That guy with the flag is not going to be popular...

https://streamable.com/phm4x
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 09:55:12 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 10:08:46 AM »

Laughable

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 11:49:25 AM »

Was the groundsman somewhat inebriated when he painted those white lines or...

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 07:57:03 PM »

Amusing as it might be for it to happen to Spurs, wtaf with ruling out Lamela's goal. How was it even referred and how, if it was, do they find enough to rule it out. Someone gets paid to make that decision..fumming

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 08:14:28 PM »

Fuckin joke, it's like the ref hasn't got any eyes anymore and the more they look the more anti-football decisions they make. Just pointless. Im switching off

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 08:31:08 PM »

Fuckin joke, it's like the ref hasn't got any eyes anymore and the more they look the more anti-football decisions they make. Just pointless. Im switching off

You might want to switch it back on for a bit now..

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 10:08:43 PM »

AHA!

We have found Nirvana's Achilles Heel. Who'd have thunk it that VAR would turn our resident sardonic wit into a gibbering one-eyed footy monster.

Must be said that the refs are doing their best to fuck the whole VAR thing up. Tilting how they wait for aaaaggggeeeessss for the VAR-man to make his bloody mind up. And then they get it wrong. FFS.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2018, 12:22:58 AM »

It works really well doesn't it?

Decisions are generally right using the VAR?

TV broadcasts seem intent on calling VAR decisions and the time they take 'controversies' when what they really mean is we needed the controversies that bad decision making brought so we could talk about it for days. Now they are getting them right we will pretend that adding 5 mins in added time per half is really bad in exchange for getting the decisions right.

Any fan that goes to a match or watches one on TV that has the VAR system but still complains knowing  there is likely to be 5-10 minutes added to each half just needs to wake up IMO. The right decisions are being made. Why does it matter if a half of football last for 50 or 55 minutes in those games?

isnt it incredible that a sport/Fans/TV channels that have complained for years  over bad decisions changing games are now complaining because the decisions are now being made correctly but it takes 5 minutes?

A 1hour NFL game takes 3 hours to play. And people are moaning  because as 90 minute football match might take 100 minutes to play but be reffed in a much fairer way. How does that make sense?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 12:29:59 AM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 01:30:06 AM »

It works really well doesn't it?

Decisions are generally right using the VAR?

TV broadcasts seem intent on calling VAR decisions and the time they take 'controversies' when what they really mean is we needed the controversies that bad decision making brought so we could talk about it for days. Now they are getting them right we will pretend that adding 5 mins in added time per half is really bad in exchange for getting the decisions right.

Any fan that goes to a match or watches one on TV that has the VAR system but still complains knowing  there is likely to be 5-10 minutes added to each half just needs to wake up IMO. The right decisions are being made. Why does it matter if a half of football last for 50 or 55 minutes in those games?

isnt it incredible that a sport/Fans/TV channels that have complained for years  over bad decisions changing games are now complaining because the decisions are now being made correctly but it takes 5 minutes?

A 1hour NFL game takes 3 hours to play. And people are moaning  because as 90 minute football match might take 100 minutes to play but be reffed in a much fairer way. How does that make sense?

Any football decision that takes more than about 10 seconds is almost certainly not achieving the objective which was to overturn ridic decisions. Spending 2 mins trying to determine if someones thigh is offside is just changing the game too much imo. It actually ruins the watching and I can't see how any person who actually likes watching football could think otherwise

If you're a fan attending the games you really don't spend yr money to watch the ref fk about and adding 10 mins to 'correct' such marginal decisions doesn't add anything to the game or the spectacle.

NFL is a game of a hundred set plays, like cricket, like Baseball, of course no one cares if it takes 3 hours because that's the norm.

It might turn out fine but needs a lot of tweaks to make it worth the intrusion

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: