blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:16:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL Thread 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Thread 2018/19  (Read 101841 times)
suriarte
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 18, 2018, 02:25:33 PM »

Two bets tonight is Cards vs Broncos for me, both David Johnson related.

1- Over 17.5 rush attempts 5/6 on Betfair.  Last 3 games DJ has had 18, 18, 22 @vikings @49s and home Seahawks.  Tonight game is a pick em and will be close affair and both teams should be able to sustain drives.  Broncos are dead last 32/32 against the run this season and opposition averaging just shy of 25 carries per game vs them.  Cardinals will lean on DJ as passing game is in bottom 5 of league.

2- David Johnson- 2+tds price boosted to 5/1.  Of his 39 starts hes had 11/39 2tds performances, given reasons above against worst run defence in league so far, at home I think this is good spot for him to continue.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 02:47:02 PM by tikay » Logged
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #436 on: October 19, 2018, 06:35:32 PM »

Two bets tonight is Cards vs Broncos for me, both David Johnson related.

1- Over 17.5 rush attempts 5/6 on Betfair.  Last 3 games has had 18, 18, 22 @vikings @49s and home Seahawks.  Tonight game is a pick em and will be close affair and both teams should be able to sustain drives.  Broncos are dead last 32/32 against the run this season and opposition averaging just shy of 25 carries per game vs them.  Cardinals will lean on as passing game is in bottom 5 of league.

2- David Johnson- 2+tds price boosted to 5/1.  Of his 39 starts hes had 11/39 2tds performances, given reasons above against worst run defence in league so far, at home I think this is good spot for him to continue.

It all made sense, what we didn't forsee was a pick 6 after a minute and the ensuing collapse of Arizona!

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 19, 2018, 08:43:06 PM »

I see Christian Wade is leaving Wasps and having a punt at NFL, seems a bit late to move over, any thoughts?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 19, 2018, 08:55:43 PM »

I see Christian Wade is leaving Wasps and having a punt at NFL, seems a bit late to move over, any thoughts?

I don’t like his chances of ever making an NFL snap. It would be interesting to have a better idea of what he’s thinking. It seems knee jerk on Wasps not looking great so far this year.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 20, 2018, 11:08:35 AM »

I don’t like his chances of ever making an NFL snap. It would be interesting to have a better idea of what he’s thinking. It seems knee jerk on Wasps not looking great so far this year.

I don't follow Rugby, but with 82 tries in his career it would suggest he's got RB aspirations. One must also presume that he's already been given clear indications of interest from a team/teams in the NFL to prompt him to make such a bold move.

Good luck to him
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 20, 2018, 11:23:00 AM »

i have watched him a lot

he's 5 8 and 165ish

quick and very strong

obviously a big long shot but has the profile to make a scat-back (darren sproles, tarik cohen, theo riddick type) and a kick/punt returner

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 20, 2018, 11:38:21 AM »

i have watched him a lot

he's 5 8 and 165ish

quick and very strong

obviously a big long shot but has the profile to make a scat-back (darren sproles, tarik cohen, theo riddick type) and a kick/punt returner

I don't know the guy from Adam but I saw Dante Hall play RB and WR for the Scottish Claymores and he ended up being the all time kick returner in the NFL at one stage. He never really got much playing time at WR or RB in the NFL tho so if a guy that ends up being one of the best kick returners in the game with a similar build to this guy can't make much of an impact at a skill position I'd be surprised if he is going to take up the game from scratch and make a big success of it.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 21, 2018, 10:17:06 AM »

Guys any random tips for the Wembley game today?
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 22, 2018, 09:13:14 PM »

I see Jerry’s world just got stranger Tighty. Less that 4 weeks ago he could have Josh Gordon for a 5th round pick but instead he’s taken Amari Cooper for a 1st. John Gruden seems to plucking valuations out of thin air and he’s sonmehow found a taker.

Incred trekkers

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 23, 2018, 03:45:01 PM »

its an overpay of course, especially if we go 5-11 and its top ten pick. I hated it then slept on it. still don't like it

Firstly though the Gordon comparison is spurious. He's missed 43 of 48 games and is one bust away from a permanent suspension. Imagine the reaction if we had traded for him, would have rightly been pilloried especially with our recent history of suspensions. Belicheck can do it. Our franchise is in a different place.

secondly highly likely we'd be drafting WR 1 next year

recently these are the first round WRs

2018 - Ridley, Moore
2017 - Corey Davis, Mike Williams, Ross
2016 - Corey Coleman, Fuller, Doctson, Laquon Treadwell
2015 - Amari, Kevin White, DaVante Parker, Agohlor, Perriman, Phillip Dorsett
2014 - Watkins, Evans, OBJ, Cooks, Benjamin,

hit rate about 33% even if i give you Ridley and much lower than that since the good class of 2014

thirdly i can only see one top 20 WR next year, N'Keal Harry. similarly the 2020 QB class looks much better when we may be in the market for one

of course the people who convinced JJ that you could cut Dez (a reasonable decision in isolation, a complete headcase who was not producing to his salary) and go with midgets and WR2/3s as your WR corps all season and it would be ok were completely wrong (in part because of risible play calling and questionable QB play, which is why i wouldn't have done this trade as its not the answer in and of itself) have basically cost us a first round pick

My eyes are open wide
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 23, 2018, 03:50:51 PM »

Its a fair point re Gordon and you are right re he could be out of the league again with one more bad move. Think you hit the nail on the head as to why it looks iffy, its not going to solve the issues on O and Prescott is starting to look more like a game manager than a star he looked earlier in his career. The question I guess is that by design due to coaching and a lack of great options or has he regressed?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 23, 2018, 04:04:13 PM »

bit of both

difficult to judge him with such terrible play-calling, such sub par coaching on offense full stop and nothing much at WR and TE

his o-line has also been much worse for about 15-20 games now.

We have him on $420k for this year and next. so have a season and a half to decide but the signs aren't good. In which case in the 2020 draft we will be hunting a QB

the problem i have is that I do not believe the coaching is good enough (where is the analytics that the real go ahead guys like Pederson and McVey use?) and the play calling certainly isn't but i don't think the owner and his front office guys are prepared to move on.

Maybe it needs a 5-11 type season for that to happen but will he then appoint an offensive guru (the equivalent of a McVey) or another "yes sir" type appointment?.

not too optimistic really for a roster that is chock full of talent in many areas and $70m under the cap now that Romo is off the books, both of which should mean bright times ahead

My eyes are open wide
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: October 28, 2018, 07:32:13 AM »

https://news.sky.com/story/nfl-players-arrested-four-jacksonville-jaguars-stars-detained-in-london-over-nightclub-bill-row-11537983

It might just be me, but I don't think this is the best preperation for a game. 4 defensive players, apparently Barry Church, Ronnie Harrison, Hayden and Gerald Wilson all spent time in a cell last night, AJ Bouye already out injured.

The line has ticked up to Eagles - 4 now, think that's probably still the side to be on

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 28, 2018, 08:35:17 AM »

https://news.sky.com/story/nfl-players-arrested-four-jacksonville-jaguars-stars-detained-in-london-over-nightclub-bill-row-11537983

It might just be me, but I don't think this is the best preperation for a game. 4 defensive players, apparently Barry Church, Ronnie Harrison, Hayden and Gerald Wilson all spent time in a cell last night, AJ Bouye already out injured.

The line has ticked up to Eagles - 4 now, think that's probably still the side to be on

Police didn't get there till 4am, so I doubt it was long.

There's clearly a cultural problem in the squad tho. We knew that last week of course.

Bortles is king in London. Would it astonish you if the Jax pass rush took advantage of the shaky philly OLine today? I wouldn't expect a Jax comeback from behind, so it's probably a good one to bet the spread in running.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 28, 2018, 09:40:49 AM »

My favourite bet today is Marlon Mack over 76.5 combined yards on Paddy power, on a plethora of other bets too, including the sky TD boosts!

Also like Mitch Trubisky over 23.5 rushing yards, he loves legging it about all over the shop and is averaging 40 YPG.

Raheem Mostert over 43.5 is a line he definitely reaches if Breida doesnt play, or definitely reaches when Breida DOES play but goes down in the 1st quarter as per usual.

On Thielen over 103.5 as we have been on his overs for weeks and Im not going to abandon my boy now he is going for the record, He should get force fed the ball to get him over the line.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: