blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:36:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Caught in the act
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Caught in the act  (Read 12504 times)
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 12:56:48 PM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheCricketerMag/status/977853720103915520/video/1
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 01:21:44 PM »

Flicking thru some Twitter accounts today and saw a video of the bowler seemingly putting a Spoonful of sugar into his pocket during one of the Ashes test matches too.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2018, 01:43:44 PM »

Steve Smith has been fined 100% of his match fee and handed a one Test ban, Cameron Bancroft a 75% fine and three demerit points for ball-tampering incident.

absolutely laughable.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2018, 01:45:44 PM »

Gonna make sure I get front row seats for the next Ashes series here, the banter is going to be off the scale 
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2018, 01:58:34 PM »

Steve Smith has been fined 100% of his match fee and handed a one Test ban, Cameron Bancroft a 75% fine and three demerit points for ball-tampering incident.

absolutely laughable.

From what I have heard, this isn't going to wash in Australia.   Your average Australian seems to want him sacked too.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2018, 02:33:39 PM »

IPL contract in danger maybe....

“We have been made aware of the controversy of ball tampering in the ongoing Australia – South Africa series and await further instructions from BCCI, before we make any announcement. We at Rajasthan Royals will not tolerate any actions that are unfair by definition and bring disrepute to the game of cricket. Our Zero tolerance policy applies to everyone in our team. Please bear with us.”

– Ranjit Barthakur, Executive Chairman, Rajasthan Royals
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2018, 03:37:06 PM »

I haven't watched all the coverage- how does tape help you tamper with the ball?

sola virtus nobilitat
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2018, 03:51:40 PM »

if you can rough up one side of the ball, it will swing more
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2018, 05:01:15 PM »

if you can rough up one side of the ball, it will swing more

Yep, got that but how does tape rough a ball

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2018, 05:24:17 PM »

Sticky tape sticky side rubbed in half the ball One side of the ball then attracts dirt, grit etc so abrasion accelerates same as Atherton doing it with sweets in his pocket.

Shine the other side and then get the ball to reverse swing once the traditional new ball swing has worn off

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2018, 05:31:23 PM »

Sticky tape sticky side rubbed in half the ball One side of the ball then attracts dirt, grit etc so abrasion accelerates same as Atherton doing it with sweets in his pocket.

Shine the other side and then get the ball to reverse swing once the traditional new ball swing has worn off

Got it, I didn't think of transferring some of the sticky

sola virtus nobilitat
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2018, 09:54:15 AM »

How come other athletes and sportsmen/women can be and often are automatically banned for years or even life?

Why is it different for cricketers?

This is a single incident, more like a deliberate handball to score or stop a goal. Expect a ban after the test from the ICC.

Australia have been getting a lot of stick the last couple of years. Definitely a feel of "them and us". Far from an excuse - who could excuse this? - as it's not clear its cause is from outside the squad.

A single incident? As has been mentioned by many commentators on this, how unlucky is it to get caught on your first ever attempt at pre-meditated cheating?

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2018, 11:52:58 AM »

It's not just one incident though, I can think of the getting signals from the dressing room for when to use DRS too.

This Australia team are beyond contempt in general with their behaviour, but what do you expect when you have the likes of smith and warner being given free reign by Lehman?

The Oz public appears to have had enough, would expect them both to be relieved of their duties.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2018, 12:38:13 PM »

I'm currently working in a small, country Australia town. The general consensus is that Cricket Australia has to suspend them for at least a year, if not permanently. The locals are furious they've let down the nation, and rightly so. Anyway, we chose a good week to get bowled out for 58- what would normally be weeks of torment has come to an abrupt halt. If only this had happened a few months ago, would have been fantastic to start the ashes after this!

Feed em rice.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2018, 01:51:28 PM »

I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens in the next few weeks. So much arrogance in this Aussie lineup and they're about to get their come-uppance.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: