blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:42:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Caught in the act
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Caught in the act  (Read 12528 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2018, 09:46:33 AM »

Cricket Australia announce Steve Smith has stood down as captain for the remainder of Cape Town Test. Warner stood down as vice captain too

Despite a fearsome bowling attack, Australia have struggled to get swing in the middle of innings in recent times. Only Zimbabwe average less movement after the 25th over in the last two years of Test cricket.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 09:47:18 AM »

Here's a handy graphic showing the amount of swing Australia have found in overs 25-80 over the last 18 months.

The three Tests with the most swing are the last three matches.

Interesting.

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 09:54:11 AM »

Truly fabulous news story, this, fascinates in so many ways.

"stood down" as Captain & Vice-Captain? WTF? Both should be sacked with immediate effect, & the Team play the rest of the game without them.

I hope Bairstow sent Bancroft an "in your eye, Son" message overnight, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 09:56:22 AM »

And rofl @ Smith saying "nah, I won't be standing down, lets just move on".

WTF has it got to do with Smith? It's not his decision. The selectors should snap sack him. Like right now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 10:19:36 AM »

How come other athletes and sportsmen/women can be and often are automatically banned for years or even life?

Why is it different for cricketers?

The older I get, the better I was.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 10:21:24 AM »

How come other athletes and sportsmen/women can be and often are automatically banned for years or even life?

This is a single incident, more like a deliberate handball to score or stop a goal. Expect a ban after the test from the ICC.

Australia have been getting a lot of stick the last couple of years. Definitely a feel of "them and us". Far from an excuse - who could excuse this? - as it's not clear its cause is from outside the squad.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 10:25:18 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 10:33:54 AM »

This is a single incident, more like a deliberate handball to score or stop a goal. Expect a ban after the test from the ICC.

Australia have been getting a lot of stick the last couple of years. Definitely a feel of "them and us". Far from an excuse - who could excuse this? - as it's not clear its cause is from outside the squad.

Yes, but the rule needs looking at. The "fine", apparently, is 5 runs. With over 400 runs on the board, what difference does 5 runs make?

Sack the lot of them.

Been trying to resist saying it, but it's just not cricket, is it?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 10:36:01 AM »

Actually, I was a little hasty there in suggesting they be snap sacked, sorry, I got carried away.

Have them shot instead. Nice & slowly. Not fatally, but right in the ego area. 

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 10:44:53 AM »

Yes, but the rule needs looking at. The "fine", apparently, is 5 runs. With over 400 runs on the board, what difference does 5 runs make?

Sack the lot of them.

Been trying to resist saying it, but it's just not cricket, is it?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/143193.html

I think the hidden story in this is the success of TV. It's probably always gone on, much as we love to view the old days in sepia.

This was on the big screen and everyone saw it.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 10:51:06 AM »

Steve Smith referring to it being a decision taken by the "leadership group" rather than front it up himself as captain is pretty lily-livered imo.

It is also pretty sinister that they recruited a young player to do some of the dirty work - shades of Mohamed Amir.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2018, 10:51:18 AM »

Yes, they have all been cheating for decades, it's not new & not unique to Australians, odious as they are.

Except England, obv.

England NEVER cheat. Ever. We lose instead. And we lose jolly well. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2018, 10:53:34 AM »

Steve Smith referring to it being a decision taken by the "leadership group" rather than front it up himself as captain is pretty lily-livered imo.

It is also pretty sinister that they recruited a young player to do some of the dirty work - shades of Mohamed Amir.

Yup, agree.

The kid got hung out to dry, but when asked who the so-called "leadership group" were, he replied "no names".

Oh boy, can't wait for the next Ashes series here. I might even apply to join Barmy Army.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2018, 10:57:29 AM »

Anyone watch NZ v England overnight?

The Barmy Army all had yellow tape in their hands.

Incred.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2018, 11:36:34 AM »

Anyone watch NZ v England overnight?

The Barmy Army all had yellow tape in their hands.

Incred.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2018, 11:53:05 AM »

sub editors having fun

My eyes are open wide
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »