blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:53:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton 25/25 Lets have some fun.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton 25/25 Lets have some fun.  (Read 51864 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2018, 04:44:35 PM »

Pretty sure that Alex Martin - who you may know from Luton - turned up wearing a Grizzly Bear costume one year as part of a deal with Matchroom. Think Matchroom put about 100 players in the Main one year, & they all had to wear fancy dress.

You do see all sorts though, it's embarrassing to be honest.

I met some friends for breakfast at Grand Lux one year & one chap turned up in a Peterborough United shirt. Lord knows what he was thinking.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 04:51:06 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2018, 04:45:46 PM »

Have to say, Ommy, have loved these updates, just what blonde needs, well done & thank you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2018, 06:59:58 PM »

Have to say, Ommy, have loved these updates, just what blonde needs, well done & thank you.

This!

And remember, you don't have to be in Vegas to write about the minutiae.

The older I get, the better I was.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2018, 09:08:56 PM »

Too k8nd guys.

Started the Deepstack at the Rio and although I was feeling a bit jaded this morning, I’m feeling good, excitement and adrenaline has taken over and I’m as happy as Larry, now my table mates on the other hand are not so happy. Thin’ I need Stu Rutter to come join us.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2018, 09:18:16 PM »

I think it's about time you took one of these down Ommy lad.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2018, 09:27:45 PM »

Just had 99 two hands running, both 4 to a flop. 1st hand flop QAK, I fold. 2nd hand I flop QUADS, yum yum, got the min as I was oop to the button who bet flop, turn and folded river. Start as we mean to go on.

Just has a three way chop on ACE high board, my A3 vs A3 vs A5
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2018, 09:31:03 PM »

Day 5

So since I have got hear as I’ve said before I’ve been going to bed before 11 and getting up at 4 or 5, really no different to what I do at home. So after last nights min cash I’m going to bed at 4:30am, exhausted is not the word, more like dead. When I get up I’m not feeling great but it usually takes me a while to get going. Really wanted to play The Wynn $550 so made sure I got there to sort out the players card and be ready for 12. I obvs update earlier the outcome of this.

While at the Wynn I was quite hungry, saw a packet of beef jerky, always wanted to try it as it seems quite popular here. I should have realised what it might be like when they give you dental floss included in the bag, no beef jerky is definitely not for me, I’ll bring it home for my eldest lad, he has always wanted to try it, he is a real carnivore as well so he will probably like it. The Pot Stickers from the menu were lovely though (pork dumplings).

After yesterday’s shenanigans today was always going to be quiet, after busting the tournament I was tired, went back to the suite to rest up before making the decision to g9 out to top golf with Sky, would def have gone if it’s wasn’t for the late night before, if anything it’s made me regret not coming to Vegas when I was younger and able to party for 20 hours a day. Played an hour of cash at Venetian, lost a big pot with flopped two pair vs runner runner flush, managed to pull some back before I left. Was in bed by 8:30 and didn’t wake up until 6am this morning.

Last two days in Vegas so it’s down to the get out stakes. Not much going* on in terms of tournaments left to play as WPT is on at Aria, some other tag team events at PH, really it’s only the Rio Deepstack I can play which has been my least fav tournament that I have played while out here. Might as well give it a go anyway.

I’ve really had a blast out here regardless of the results, miss the wife and kids but Have What’s App video called them everyday but we all know it’s different when they are with you. No regrets since I’ve been out here but I do regret not bringing Deb with me, she would have loved it, but she stayed at home for the right reasons, although I’m now thinking I would have actually brought the kids out as well, plenty for them to do while I’m playing poker.

As Tikay said to me a few days ago, now I’ve got the issue of how I’m going to get out here again every year for the next ten years, lol. Think I’ll stop buying lattes from Costa and save the money instead, Vegas fund

You should definitely bring your wife next time you go or travel there with close friends. Makes for a much better trip imo. Always found pure poker trips utterly soulless and beyond tedious after about 4 days

sola virtus nobilitat
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2018, 09:39:48 PM »

Day 5

So since I have got hear as I’ve said before I’ve been going to bed before 11 and getting up at 4 or 5, really no different to what I do at home. So after last nights min cash I’m going to bed at 4:30am, exhausted is not the word, more like dead. When I get up I’m not feeling great but it usually takes me a while to get going. Really wanted to play The Wynn $550 so made sure I got there to sort out the players card and be ready for 12. I obvs update earlier the outcome of this.

While at the Wynn I was quite hungry, saw a packet of beef jerky, always wanted to try it as it seems quite popular here. I should have realised what it might be like when they give you dental floss included in the bag, no beef jerky is definitely not for me, I’ll bring it home for my eldest lad, he has always wanted to try it, he is a real carnivore as well so he will probably like it. The Pot Stickers from the menu were lovely though (pork dumplings).

After yesterday’s shenanigans today was always going to be quiet, after busting the tournament I was tired, went back to the suite to rest up before making the decision to g9 out to top golf with Sky, would def have gone if it’s wasn’t for the late night before, if anything it’s made me regret not coming to Vegas when I was younger and able to party for 20 hours a day. Played an hour of cash at Venetian, lost a big pot with flopped two pair vs runner runner flush, managed to pull some back before I left. Was in bed by 8:30 and didn’t wake up until 6am this morning.

Last two days in Vegas so it’s down to the get out stakes. Not much going* on in terms of tournaments left to play as WPT is on at Aria, some other tag team events at PH, really it’s only the Rio Deepstack I can play which has been my least fav tournament that I have played while out here. Might as well give it a go anyway.

I’ve really had a blast out here regardless of the results, miss the wife and kids but Have What’s App video called them everyday but we all know it’s different when they are with you. No regrets since I’ve been out here but I do regret not bringing Deb with me, she would have loved it, but she stayed at home for the right reasons, although I’m now thinking I would have actually brought the kids out as well, plenty for them to do while I’m playing poker.

As Tikay said to me a few days ago, now I’ve got the issue of how I’m going to get out here again every year for the next ten years, lol. Think I’ll stop buying lattes from Costa and save the money instead, Vegas fund

You should definitely bring your wife next time you go or travel there with close friends. Makes for a much better trip imo. Always found pure poker trips utterly soulless and beyond tedious after about 4 days

Aye bit you got to remember, he can actually play poker 👍

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2018, 09:49:08 PM »

Day 5

Can see that, thank my enthusiasm is pushing me through. Said to Deb earlier I felt like I was ready to c9me home. Then I slapped myself round the chops and remembered I’m 8n Vegas, to play poker, with no kids or wife to worry about and it will more 5han likely not happen again for a while.

Does anyone else watch DNegs WSOP VLogs? Last years I thought they were great, this year he not runn8ng that hot at the series (obvs just won $3m beforehand) however I just think he is misjudging his prep c9mpared to last year and also his audience. His last few videos have been a right moan fest, particularly about other people’s bad play (which he wants, just happened to not go his way), even on the last one snapping at some9ne that wanted to say hi and be in his vlog because he was going through a hand history. I know it’s all relevant but for the image he usually portrays I just feel like he is letting himself down abit. All IMO of course.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2018, 09:49:39 PM »

Day 5

Lol.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2018, 09:51:03 PM »

Day 5

Haha, true dat

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2018, 10:22:42 PM »

Good luck today, mate!

I learned one thing from his vlogs this year, and that it's the need for haircuts, after a hair transplant. Unless it's only the stuff down the sides that gets cut, obv.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2018, 12:09:12 AM »

Good luck today, mate!

I learned one thing from his vlogs this year, and that it's the need for haircuts, after a hair transplant. Unless it's only the stuff down the sides that gets cut, obv.

Haha, top never looks different.

Wrong side of AA v KK left me sub 10bbs, get it in with AJcc on a J high flop v JJ. Onto the 4pm. Bb ante 15k 30min levels.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2018, 12:16:33 AM »

Found the dirty old chips at The Rio, they are in the 4pm Deepstack.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2018, 03:10:33 PM »

Day 6

Had a really fun day at poker today, obvs because it was fun I didn’t win anything but who like winning anyway. The 1pm Deepstack was quite hard work, the table I was at just wasn’t up for talking so I gave up in the end. Standard KK v AA and then AJ v JJ on a J high flop put pay to my chances.

It happened to be just coming up to 4pm so I decided to jump in the 4pm, 15k with 15 mins and B.B. ante, let’s see how we go. The table I had was night and day compared to the one earlier. It had a good vibe by the time I got there, a few of the guys were drinking and we were all just chewing the fat. The poker started off good as well with me getting to 27k in the first two levels, hold on a minute, dare we dream?. One of the guys eve; went and bought the whole table a pizza in the break (we had been discussing what the best pizza in Vegas was). After a while we got a dealer called Kim, she was an older lady and boy did she know how to have control of the table. I’ve noticed that the really good dealers always as soon as they sit down tells the whole table to have the large chips on top to separate, Kim was gonna take it up a level. Every deal of the hand she would shout “Cards out” and anyone who didnt get off their phone got an “excuse me sir” with a slight droll, “I said Cards out”  for the 30 mins she was dealing the game flowed, she kept everyone in line and made she the action didn’t stall and she even hoped in with the banter. What a delight she was and if every poker table was well control by the dealers and the players enjoyed themselves it would make for such a great experience, sadly in my experience it’s usually the opposite.

Anyway normal service resumed with the poker and after having to fold a few hands by the time we got to the river it suddenly found myself in the 10-15bb range. The tournament got nearly 400 runners, 1st was $11k and 49 were paid with a min cash of $390, I finally busted around 100 left after my AK for 12bbs couldn’t improve against 99. That was me done for the day, got back to the room about 8 and was fast asleep by 8:45pm.

So have been up since 5 this morning and it’s my last full day in Vegas, it’s been an absolute blast. Going to do the same again today at the Rio, let’s see if we can salvage something from the trip. My flight is around 2ish tmrw so I’m gonna make sure I’m packed and ready to go before I leave for poker today.

Spoke to Deb a minute again and she tells me it’s quite hot back in the UK. Quite funny actually as yesterday when I was talking to her she said she is gonna miss me when i get back, “Why?” I said, “We have spoken more since you have been in Vegas then we do when I’m at home” she said. Oops, maybe I shouldn’t play so much online poker, lol.

Likely I’ll be at the Sky leaving party tonight seeing as it’s unlikely I run deep at poker, however staying positive I hope I’m not there.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: