blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:28:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton 25/25 Lets have some fun.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton 25/25 Lets have some fun.  (Read 51814 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2018, 05:15:10 PM »

nice montage. took a few goes to get it on the wall, judging by the holes at the side of it Smiley

looking well Scott.

Lol, this is what I’m dealing with, but you can’t say anything about the way it’s hung after the effort they went to do it. Although I’ve been back a month and I still haven’t done anything about it myself. Working too hard is my excuse.

In reality she took down pictures of Gary Mabbut to put these up so I should feel blessed really. To demonstrate how much she loved Gary at Spurs, he was doing an autograph signing at the old Waterstones in Stevenage, we went down there and everything was ok, there was a bit of a queue and as we got to the front Deb burst out crying, she couldn’t really talk to Gary as she was blubbering so much. I’ve never managed to capture a picture before this of someone balling so much yet smiling at the same time, first time for everything.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2018, 09:17:53 AM »

nice montage. took a few goes to get it on the wall, judging by the holes at the side of it Smiley

looking well Scott.

Looking well? He was living the dream.

Think this was in a Rio Daily Deepstack. I was rather pleased with myself actually - I told his table companions that he was very famous back home, & then departed, leaving Ommy to field a zillion awkward questions.

Click to see full-size image.

just reminded me of the time i told the air hostess if it was ok to go up to premium economy to check my grandad was ok Smiley

Lordy, what a memory. Took 7 hours before I was able to get the Stewardess to get rid of you & send you back to cattle class.

For some reason I vividly recall having brekky with you, Sicilian & (?) in Café Rouge at Gatters pre-flight. I recall it clearly as we had a window seat, overlooking the apron where the aircraft were parked, & coming & going. Blowed if I can recall who the other person at breakfast was though.

It was Gavin (pizzled) Still remember your excitement and interesting stories about the planes and the runway like it was yesterday..

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2018, 09:19:28 AM »

looking well Scott.

Lol, this is what I’m dealing with, but you can’t say anything about the way it’s hung after the effort they went to do it. Although I’ve been back a month and I still haven’t done anything about it myself. Working too hard is my excuse.

In reality she took down pictures of Gary Mabbut to put these up so I should feel blessed really. To demonstrate how much she loved Gary at Spurs, he was doing an autograph signing at the old Waterstones in Stevenage, we went down there and everything was ok, there was a bit of a queue and as we got to the front Deb burst out crying, she couldn’t really talk to Gary as she was blubbering so much. I’ve never managed to capture a picture before this of someone balling so much yet smiling at the same time, first time for everything.

haha, i take it back, if it was your wife that put it up. At least now you know she likes you more than Gary Mabbutt.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 03, 2018, 09:42:37 AM »

looking well Scott.

Looking well? He was living the dream.

Think this was in a Rio Daily Deepstack. I was rather pleased with myself actually - I told his table companions that he was very famous back home, & then departed, leaving Ommy to field a zillion awkward questions.

Click to see full-size image.

just reminded me of the time i told the air hostess if it was ok to go up to premium economy to check my grandad was ok Smiley

Lordy, what a memory. Took 7 hours before I was able to get the Stewardess to get rid of you & send you back to cattle class.

For some reason I vividly recall having brekky with you, Sicilian & (?) in Café Rouge at Gatters pre-flight. I recall it clearly as we had a window seat, overlooking the apron where the aircraft were parked, & coming & going. Blowed if I can recall who the other person at breakfast was though.

It was Gavin (pizzled) Still remember your excitement and interesting stories about the planes and the runway like it was yesterday..

Ahh yes, Gavin, of course. I forgot it was him but can still remember every aircraft we saw.

Airport brekkies are the nuts.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2018, 10:57:09 AM »

Coventry Day 1

After having a hard last couple of days at work and knowing I was getting up early me and Deb headed to bed at 7pm last night, leaving the kids playing xbox and watching Netflix. Such a hot night we had 5he fan going for most of it. I’d set my alarm for 4am, I didn’t need to be up early as I’ve pre regged online but you know what it’s like, kid at xmas and all that, not Vegas levels of course but I do love a poker trip and a few days in Coventry with a chance to win a few quid, meet a few people and just wind down from a tough time at work is just the ticket.

With me going to Vegas and then booking this trip I thought it only right that we should take the kids somewhere. For the last 10 years the first two weeks of the kids summer holiday have been spent near Southwold on my in laws caravan, holiday home. Its 9n a beautiful site with a couple of fishing lakes, not commercial at all like Haven or Park resorts just peace and quite with a small kids club, swimming pool and a club house. This year however with the ground rent gradually going up over the years and it now peaking at £6k they decided to sell up, we had some fantastic memories over the years which is really important to me and Deb, that the kids have great memories of their Childhood. Anyway I booked for us to stay in a Cottage next Tuesday to Friday, only in Canterbury, mainly so we could visit my parents and Nan (the kids call her Grandma and although she is nearly 90 and not been in great health recently she still spoils them rotten with a goody bag every time  they visit). With my Dad having stroke recently it’s not practical that  5 of us and 3 dogs descend on a 2 bed bungalow. Anyway 6 days before we go I get a message from the owner (I booked through booking.com) saying due to ill health they have to sell straight away and cannot honour the booking, slightly annoyed with this as if I wanted to cancel I would have had to pay the full fee yet seemly there is no consequence the other way round, add in the dubious reason it all leaves a bad taste. Anyway the kids were so gutted when I told them and despite trying to find somewhere at short notice for £400 that would take 3 dogs I’ve been unable to, back to the drawing board, looks like it may just be a few days out over the next few weeks. Any ideas from anyone is most welcome.

So I’m at Coventry at 7:30 and get my wrist band and see the queue for the alternate, it’s 200 deep and the guy at the front has been their since 5:30 am (opens at 9am) gonna be fun to read China Mugs update when he does it.

Joined a 1/1 Cash game with 250bbs and after getting AK beaten by J4s twice I’m down to 100bbs, although should have been more as the second time the flop was AK2 tJ rJ, not sure why the guy called the flop but hey ho his call on the river saved me going broke.

Guy sits down next to me and the first hand he plays he doubles up his £250 Stack after flopping a set of Queens on a A7Qf 8t 7r hitting the needless FH on the river as the guy had a flush draw when it went all in on turn. This is why I love poker, all it takes is one hand, one moment of luck, one moment of being in the right time the right place. Lovely.

It’s 8:40am now, feels like I’ve been here a lot longer, hopefully it’s gonna be a long day, I’ll be posting as and when I can.

Reg just opened 10 mins early and a little cheer went up. Lol.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 03, 2018, 11:13:39 AM »

Day 1 contd.

Not catching the cards at all on the cash table. Another loss with AK and I’m down to 75bbs. Time for breakfast before the queue gets to big. It’s probably gonna be quite hard to get food today. Off I go for the £6 buffet. Not the usual standard I expect from Grosvner but must be hard prep food for this many people. It filled a hole anyway. Back to the cash game for an hour.

First hand back I win my first pot of the day when I open KJos from CO get 4 callers and I CBet the J high flop, one guy comes along, ck ck the Q turn and I value bet the 8 river which he folds. Back up to 98bbs.

Finish the cash session with 130bbs so a loss but could have been much worse. Thought I’d be getting the lot when I called a raise and 3 callers on btn with QJos, sb and Bb come along, flop QJQ, nice position to be in, i ck as I was so strong hoping someone might bet the turn, ck round to me again after there was another J on turn, I bet and had 1 caller, an 8 river and he folded to my 3/4 pot bet. Right place wrong time.

I’ve managed to have a nice bet on the Fav in the last at Goodwood, got 5/2, Someone has already told me to back it and I was in two minds but a tweet from Trigg saying it was a wheelbarrow job sealed the deal. Might pay for the wkend if it wins.

David Haye was the big announcement, signed up for a year with Grosvenor. Meant this flight is starting late but here we go.......
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2018, 11:36:26 AM »

Badbeat alert, got seat 7. What really gets me is why dealers are not more proactive at setting the table seating properly, it my biggest bug bear at a ten handed table. Of course I’m not a small lad but we have an even bigger guy at the table who has sent everything pear shaped.
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2018, 12:28:54 PM »

GL Omen- hope you get some more space for all the chips you will bag up!
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2018, 01:07:02 PM »

Think there are 500 alternates on the list, we are 2 hours in and they are calling up to 60. Good luck number 500.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 03, 2018, 01:07:22 PM »

GL Omen- hope you get some more space for all the chips you will bag up!

Hopefully that’s an omen.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2018, 07:22:23 PM »

Day 1 contd

Flopped a set of 2’s, rivered a flush and flopped trip Kings all to help me chip up to 35k in level 2. Either the chairs are as hard as hell or I’ve lost some fat from my behind. I think Vegas has spoiled me.

My Bb 3 limpers at 75/150 (L3) I rr with AQos, I called, flop AQ9, I bet he raises I call, turn 7 I check he bets quite big I call, river 9. I ck he mucks. Just over 45k.

Out level 8, peaked at 45k. Went quite for a few hours then lost a couple of big pots chasing draws and having to bluff the river. Finally got 10bbs in with 22 after 3 limpers to my SB, one of them had QQ.

I actually started to not enjoy the day the longer it went on. Met a few people that I know throughout the day and chewed the fat on breaks but in general there were far to many people, the chairs were very uncomfortable and ten handed is not the greatest at the best of times particularly when ever time you sit back down you have to ask everyone to move along.

Anyway not a knee jerk decision but more of one that I would rather spend the wkend with Deb and the kids I’ve cancelled the last 2 nights, just having a steak dinner and then gonna make a decision on whether I go back and play cash (highly unlikely) or 1 table the main on sky while lying in bed and then setting off early in the morning.

I play poker online at least 3-4 times a week and I think it takes some adjusting to playing live due to the slowness of it, I definitely did not have the patience today, in fact my enthusiasm died a death. Not sure I’m gonna come next year, I’m particularly irked by the £25 rake for a £100 comp, next year it will be £30+ of course the masses will pay without a second thought. But they have to pay for David Haye somehow.

PS Did anyone watch the last race at Goodwood? What sort of ride was that from Ryan? To my eye he should have been closer and would have made a proper race out of it if he was.
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 03, 2018, 07:59:31 PM »

DTD Have an 8 max tournament this weekend with comfy chairs....
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2018, 08:42:28 PM »

Smiley

The older I get, the better I was.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2018, 10:21:20 PM »

Day 1 contd

Flopped a set of 2’s, rivered a flush and flopped trip Kings all to help me chip up to 35k in level 2. Either the chairs are as hard as hell or I’ve lost some fat from my behind. I think Vegas has spoiled me.

My Bb 3 limpers at 75/150 (L3) I rr with AQos, I called, flop AQ9, I bet he raises I call, turn 7 I check he bets quite big I call, river 9. I ck he mucks. Just over 45k.

Out level 8, peaked at 45k. Went quite for a few hours then lost a couple of big pots chasing draws and having to bluff the river. Finally got 10bbs in with 22 after 3 limpers to my SB, one of them had QQ.

I actually started to not enjoy the day the longer it went on. Met a few people that I know throughout the day and chewed the fat on breaks but in general there were far to many people, the chairs were very uncomfortable and ten handed is not the greatest at the best of times particularly when ever time you sit back down you have to ask everyone to move along.

Anyway not a knee jerk decision but more of one that I would rather spend the wkend with Deb and the kids I’ve cancelled the last 2 nights, just having a steak dinner and then gonna make a decision on whether I go back and play cash (highly unlikely) or 1 table the main on sky while lying in bed and then setting off early in the morning.

I play poker online at least 3-4 times a week and I think it takes some adjusting to playing live due to the slowness of it, I definitely did not have the patience today, in fact my enthusiasm died a death. Not sure I’m gonna come next year, I’m particularly irked by the £25 rake for a £100 comp, next year it will be £30+ of course the masses will pay without a second thought. But they have to pay for David Haye somehow.

PS Did anyone watch the last race at Goodwood? What sort of ride was that from Ryan? To my eye he should have been closer and would have made a proper race out of it if he was.

Makes me feel a lot better about my own decision to stop playing the Goliath.

Having said that, it seems that they've put together some good side events that make a trip to Coventry worth considering for next year.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2018, 10:07:13 AM »

Smiley

Thanks for the heads up, I’m at home now so will maybe look at this for the future
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: