blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:26:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton 25/25 Lets have some fun.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton 25/25 Lets have some fun.  (Read 51843 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2018, 08:52:27 PM »

Good luck mate.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2018, 10:10:52 PM »

I’m gonna put some updates in here rather than blog up the Vegas thread.

Anyway just check in to The Palazzo, Oh my GOD, room is amazing, never stayed in a place like this, I’m on 49th floor and it’s breath taking. Well done Skypoker for putting this together.

Already bought in to the Monster Stack on Saturday, no good in the three $125 sats I played (Aces cracked, but def not gonna moan) as I wasn’t sure on how busy the weekend will be so wanted to avoid the queues. Playing in Brasilia room, have already found the table and seat so I know where I’m going.

Played the Monster a couple of times.. you will love it..enjoy the experience and good luck

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2018, 11:06:03 PM »

Palazzo & Wynn were my go to hotels for at least 1/2 of every trip, until I joined the Raspberry express.

Have a great time mate, and knock some of that dough you saved in on some top quality nosh!

V&P has the best selection of restaurants in Vegas, imo.

I'll be up at the strip tomorrow, as I'm playing the 200k in the concrete hall. Might go and play the Giant @ Rio if I bust, so will be on the strip all day/night, most likely.

If you want to grab some breakfast or something, give us a shout.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2018, 04:25:07 PM »

Day 1

So first full day is in the bag. Played the 1pm daily at Rio, had a great table and was quite quickly up to a high of 37k but had 3 coolers, set beaten by straight, flopped set counterfeit by river for FH over FH and flush beaten by full house, exit hand after about 5 hours I shoved with QJ on 9T769 and guy correctly calls with JTos although he tanked for ages. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to playing Monster Stack tomorrow.

Played a $175 sat straight after and couldn’t get anything going. Obvs these are high variance but I think a good strategy is maybe to play the $125 and do a $50 last longer with a few people just to even out the variance. Any thoughts on this? Anyone else play them? Pretty certainly I saw Melanie Weisner play a few $575 ones.

So the wife really wanted me to go to a gift shop she had googled called Bonanza which claims to be the worlds largest gift shop. My wife likes tatty gift shops whenever we go anywhere she will buy the most horrendous crap, luckily it doesn’t make it on display back at home because it’s mainly stuff for the kids. So I go armed with a list and catch an Uber. Has some of the worse tutt I’ve ever seen, still managed to spend $143 but if it makes them happy then I’m happy. Still need to pick up something Marvel Avengers so if anyone know anywhere I can go them let me know.

Was actually quite tired last night so came back to this palace I’m staying in and went to bed about 10pm, not the best sleep but I’m not one for lying in so was up at 4:30am, watched abit of the football and thought I might as well go for an early morning walk. Was out the room by 7am and I’m so glad I did, had a wander around the Venetian, found Starbucks for a Chai Latte and decided to go for a walk down the strip. Not sure why but I’ve been abit nervous about walking down the strip, think it’s the unknowns of how far to go, the heat, gonna sound stupid but even crossing the road, whenever I’ve been in an Uber the roads always look like chaos. Anyway that time of the morning the temp was fantastic, I walked for about 30mins just taking in where things were and getting some fruit from Walgreens.

So I’m hooking up with Marky for breakfast this morning before I head over to the Rio to play the daily again. Got the Sky welcome party tonight which if I’m not deep in the daily I’m looking forward to going to, can’t see myself staying all night as 1) I’ll be tired and 2) I’m playing a bloody WSOP event in the morning, really can’t believe I’m saying that.

Really wish my wife would have come with me, she would have loved it but I think she didn’t want me to be worrying that she was ok while I was playing poker as well as wanting me to play as much as I want. She really is such an unselfish person, I’m lucky to have her.

Hopefully I’ll be posting a poker win tomorrow, no worries if not as I’m having a blast.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2018, 04:40:38 PM »

Day 1

So first full day is in the bag. Played the 1pm daily at Rio, had a great table and was quite quickly up to a high of 37k but had 3 coolers, set beaten by straight, flopped set counterfeit by river for FH over FH and flush beaten by full house, exit hand after about 5 hours I shoved with QJ on 9T769 and guy correctly calls with JTos although he tanked for ages. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to playing Monster Stack tomorrow.

Played a $175 sat straight after and couldn’t get anything going. Obvs these are high variance but I think a good strategy is maybe to play the $125 and do a $50 last longer with a few people just to even out the variance. Any thoughts on this? Anyone else play them? Pretty certainly I saw Melanie Weisner play a few $575 ones.

So the wife really wanted me to go to a gift shop she had googled called Bonanza which claims to be the worlds largest gift shop. My wife likes tatty gift shops whenever we go anywhere she will buy the most horrendous crap, luckily it doesn’t make it on display back at home because it’s mainly stuff for the kids. So I go armed with a list and catch an Uber. Has some of the worse tutt I’ve ever seen, still managed to spend $143 but if it makes them happy then I’m happy. Still need to pick up something Marvel Avengers so if anyone know anywhere I can go them let me know.

Was actually quite tired last night so came back to this palace I’m staying in and went to bed about 10pm, not the best sleep but I’m not one for lying in so was up at 4:30am, watched abit of the football and thought I might as well go for an early morning walk. Was out the room by 7am and I’m so glad I did, had a wander around the Venetian, found Starbucks for a Chai Latte and decided to go for a walk down the strip. Not sure why but I’ve been abit nervous about walking down the strip, think it’s the unknowns of how far to go, the heat, gonna sound stupid but even crossing the road, whenever I’ve been in an Uber the roads always look like chaos. Anyway that time of the morning the temp was fantastic, I walked for about 30mins just taking in where things were and getting some fruit from Walgreens.

So I’m hooking up with Marky for breakfast this morning before I head over to the Rio to play the daily again. Got the Sky welcome party tonight which if I’m not deep in the daily I’m looking forward to going to, can’t see myself staying all night as 1) I’ll be tired and 2) I’m playing a bloody WSOP event in the morning, really can’t believe I’m saying that.

Really wish my wife would have come with me, she would have loved it but I think she didn’t want me to be worrying that she was ok while I was playing poker as well as wanting me to play as much as I want. She really is such an unselfish person, I’m lucky to have her.

Hopefully I’ll be posting a poker win tomorrow, no worries if not as I’m having a blast.

I love it when people include the every day detail in their reports.

There is a word for that type if detail, I think it begins with min. It's doing me 'ead in now cos I can't think of it.

Tal.....

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2018, 04:42:14 PM »

Minutia!

The older I get, the better I was.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2018, 05:36:09 PM »

Anyway just check in to The Palazzo, Oh my GOD, room is amazing, never stayed in a place like this, I’m on 49th floor and it’s breath taking. Well done Skypoker for putting this together.

Enjoy the trip!  I think your reaction to the room is one that I would expect a lot of people would have, even arriving in the hotel lobby you know you've made a good decision.  If you are used to travelling around the UK in Travel Inns etc then this is a nice inexpensive (obv doesn't matter on a packagae) way to experience a bit of quality.  One of the areas in the early days of the Vegas thread that a lot of people got wrong (imho) was defaulting to a shabby hotel to save $8 here and there.  Particularly when the organised people can usually catch a great deal in advance and get in for par.  And even more so when they take their saved $8 over to the Rio and punt off a $5k WSOP in level 2.

The LL makes perfect sense ofc as it is effectively watering down the juice.  The sats there are WTA but usually there is a chop, so there is sort of pseudo-ICM in play.  Plenty of people grind them and ofc plenty of randoms too, so one of the first things to do (as with any poker game I suppose) is work out who knows what they are doing and who doesn't.  In the old days, players really bad at handling chips was a tell-tale sign of inexperience, but ofc nowadays they might be an online crusher that has never played live before...  Anyway, quite often 3handed there is implied collusion between 2 guys that know that the other person knows that they know.... and a recreational player gets taken on, eliminated in 3rd and the rest of it gets chopped up before the poor dude walks away from the table Cheesy  That said, I haven't played one for 2 years now, it is quite possible there are more sat grinders in there and that some are happy to play it WTA.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2018, 05:38:18 PM »

Already bought in to the Monster Stack on Saturday, no good in the three $125 sats I played (Aces cracked, but def not gonna moan) as I wasn’t sure on how busy the weekend will be so wanted to avoid the queues. Playing in Brasilia room, have already found the table and seat so I know where I’m going.

Good to hear Ommy.

You coming along to the Welcome Drinks get-together tonight?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2018, 05:43:01 PM »

Day 1

Let me know your Table number please, or, even better, pop into the Media Centre & say hi. It's just beyond the Registration Room at the far end of the Rio Corridor.

PS - Make sure Marky pays for the brekkie, he's loaded.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2018, 07:00:24 PM »

I’ll pop by if I have time if not I’ll post table number or try and catch u in a break.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2018, 07:03:18 PM »

Minutia!

Has to google it, lol. For me this is much more about the experience than winning poker (although that would be nice). Happy to share my thoughts and feelings about the real life stuff.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2018, 07:04:03 PM »

Enjoy the trip!  I think your reaction to the room is one that I would expect a lot of people would have, even arriving in the hotel lobby you know you've made a good decision.  If you are used to travelling around the UK in Travel Inns etc then this is a nice inexpensive (obv doesn't matter on a packagae) way to experience a bit of quality.  One of the areas in the early days of the Vegas thread that a lot of people got wrong (imho) was defaulting to a shabby hotel to save $8 here and there.  Particularly when the organised people can usually catch a great deal in advance and get in for par.  And even more so when they take their saved $8 over to the Rio and punt off a $5k WSOP in level 2.

The LL makes perfect sense ofc as it is effectively watering down the juice.  The sats there are WTA but usually there is a chop, so there is sort of pseudo-ICM in play.  Plenty of people grind them and ofc plenty of randoms too, so one of the first things to do (as with any poker game I suppose) is work out who knows what they are doing and who doesn't.  In the old days, players really bad at handling chips was a tell-tale sign of inexperience, but ofc nowadays they might be an online crusher that has never played live before...  Anyway, quite often 3handed there is implied collusion between 2 guys that know that the other person knows that they know.... and a recreational player gets taken on, eliminated in 3rd and the rest of it gets chopped up before the poor dude walks away from the table Cheesy  That said, I haven't played one for 2 years now, it is quite possible there are more sat grinders in there and that some are happy to play it WTA.

If I do play them again I think I’ll use the last longer strategy. Thanks for the advice.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2018, 07:57:08 PM »

Played the Monster a couple of times.. you will love it..enjoy the experience and good luck

Thanks.

Breakfast has turned into lunch and I had to try the Caramel Chicken you mentioned in the other thread. Best thing I’ve ever eaten and it’s not even close. Portion is huge so gonna bag it up and bring it to the Rio for later. Any more recommends are very welcome.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2018, 09:07:59 PM »

Day 1

Let me know your Table number please, or, even better, pop into the Media Centre & say hi. It's just beyond the Registration Room at the far end of the Rio Corridor.

PS - Make sure Marky pays for the brekkie, he's loaded.

Pavilion Black 181 seat 1. I found Media room but was running late. Will find u in break.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2018, 09:57:10 PM »

Here's our man.

Living the dream, or what?

Click to see full-size image.

I bokked him though, he ran Q-Q into A-A but managed to lose the min on the 10 high flop.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: