blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:09:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton 25/25 Lets have some fun.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton 25/25 Lets have some fun.  (Read 51429 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 10, 2018, 08:29:53 PM »

Ooh I have spied a massage girl, definitely a vice of mine, migh5 get one later.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2018, 08:50:57 PM »

Stuck between two bigs stacks, the one to my right keeps ras8ng when it folds to him. Table is lively, just waiting for an opportunity to get All in, I’m sure I’ll get called. Happy to have another bullet if needed. 89 reg but seems more, 30 re entries.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2018, 09:33:14 PM »

Lots of folding. 7.4k @150/300. Spoke to Tom (China Mug) let him know he has a reader.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2018, 09:53:39 PM »

Lots of folding. 7.4k @150/300. Spoke to Tom (China Mug) let him know he has a reader.

Got 6.8k and haven’t played a hand since last post, good structure. 5 mins left of 150/300. Still looking for a shove spot.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2018, 10:11:14 PM »

Tried to get a bit creative, utg limps for 400, big stack who I mentioned earlier rr to 1500, I have two black Kings and just flat wanting someone behind to rr or I’m happy going multi way to flop. 4 of us to the flop, 594, utg ck, big stack bet 3500, I have 5kish and just call, btn folds, utg calls. Turn Q, ck ck big bet by utg, big stack All in, me all in utg all in. Utg has 55, big stack has QQ and Ace river is not the miracle I need.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 11, 2018, 12:07:23 AM »

Went for a walk and got some food. Love London and the vibe. Actually miss working there (not the travel though, tube and train = nightmare. Decided when I got back to the Vic to go home, blinds were 300/600/50 so 0lenty of play left but I got tired quite quickly (have been up since 5am, wouldn’t believe I was on holiday) and coming h9me was probably the most +EV move.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2018, 01:23:06 PM »

Tales of the day.....

Got a rare couple of days off together, kids at school and wife at work, what a better time than to venture into London for a game of live poker. Might as well do a mini trip report.

Decided to get the train, 20 mins from Stevenage to Kings Cross and then another 10-15 mins to Edgware Road, let the train to the strain and all that. Rather than walking the 30 mins to the station decided to drive, get to the station and both car parks are full. At that point the sensible thing is to go home, I decide to drive to the Vic, nearly 2 hours later I arrive, great start.

Just an observation from driving into London. What’s people thoughts on using the bus lane when you are allowed? I’m talking about the blue signs that tell you when you are not allowed to use it, in this mornings case 7-10am and then again 4-7pm, all other times you can use it. It seems the drivers in London make the traffic worse by not following the Highway Code, the looks I was getting could have killed me.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 06, 2018, 01:36:03 PM »

Wait about 40 mins for a 2nd table to open, end up sitting at a 1/2. Straight into the action for a couple of players as it’s set over set for 200bb pot. A guy that wasn’t even in the had comments to the fella that won it does he know what a tip is, indicating the guy should tip the dealer. The winner says french only and shrugs. Funny thing is the guy who made the comment has won two pots over 100bb ( in the 30 mins since), 1st pot he “tip” 50p and the next 25p. Should have seen the dealers face. Lol.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 06, 2018, 01:48:46 PM »

13bb up after winning a pot against a guy who initially sat down with £80 and was up to as high as £400, he won the money with hands such as j8os, k2os and just lost to me with Q6os against my QJs on a Q high flop, 3 to a flush made me think on river after he bet every street. I get without context to the hand that he has been playing his selection may not look that strange, trust me, I’m happy to play pots with him.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 06, 2018, 06:03:05 PM »

2 hours later... AA v KK AIPF for 300ish Bb pot. K on flop, end of trip report.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 06, 2018, 06:06:35 PM »

Brutal game, poker, ul mate.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2018, 06:18:15 PM »

Glad I mostly stick to eating nowadays!

Unlucky, mate.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2018, 07:41:32 AM »

Just lost AA v KK AIPF when flop comes KKT, no AA for the 80k badbeat jackpot.

Next hand have QQ with four to flop and have to fold river on a JAATT board after he ck cld flop, turn and rr river. .

Feels even more brutal when this was one of the last cash hands I played at live poker before yesterday. Lol. Both at The Vic, if I was superstitious I’d think someone had it in for me.

I did get thinking yesterday how many of these regulars at The Vic are winning, they obviously go there everyday, the pots are raked, then the £1 for the rake race and then another amount for Badbeat Jackpot (not sure how much). I get that most are generally sitting there getting points for the rake race for 9 hours a day. Most of them seem to have lunch or dinner there which is another £12, or both. Add in a cost for all drinks. It all adds up everyday. That being said quite a few seem to be older men that have already made a few quid in life, maybe it’s all just a side hobby.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2018, 08:53:47 AM »

Just lost AA v KK AIPF when flop comes KKT, no AA for the 80k badbeat jackpot.

Next hand have QQ with four to flop and have to fold river on a JAATT board after he ck cld flop, turn and rr river. .

Feels even more brutal when this was one of the last cash hands I played at live poker before yesterday. Lol. Both at The Vic, if I was superstitious I’d think someone had it in for me.

I did get thinking yesterday how many of these regulars at The Vic are winning, they obviously go there everyday, the pots are raked, then the £1 for the rake race and then another amount for Badbeat Jackpot (not sure how much). I get that most are generally sitting there getting points for the rake race for 9 hours a day. Most of them seem to have lunch or dinner there which is another £12, or both. Add in a cost for all drinks. It all adds up everyday. That being said quite a few seem to be older men that have already made a few quid in life, maybe it’s all just a side hobby.

As a visitor to the Vic, albeit a few years ago, i would think it is virtually impossible to beat the rake on the £1/£2 tables. Daytime games seemed to be full of people reading the paper or a book whilst they waited for aces, or maybe kings, or AKs if they felt like a gamble. They were just accumulating hours, sitting in the warm and getting tea and coffee at £1 a cup which I guess is cheap for the area.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2018, 03:09:57 PM »

Glad I mostly stick to eating nowadays!

Unlucky, mate.

I'm happy to take a piece of your eating action any time mate.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: