blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:09:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  International Politics
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: International Politics  (Read 3594 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 02:23:44 PM »

getting a tad defensive for someone who "isnt a fan of Trump"

Nah I just think it’s quite funny that some people could never say a good word about him, they are so one eyed it’s hard to take them seriously to be honest.

Like I said above, Obama would be getting massive praise from those same people probably.

I don't know enough about it to have a strong view but I agree with you. We don't know how much influence he has had or even if it was by design but it does seem to me that he's had a positive effect in this. Still an abysmal human o/c but credit where it's due.

Wtf? I can’t be having this, disagree ffs!! 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2018, 02:36:19 PM »

Nah I just think it’s quite funny that some people could never say a good word about him, they are so one eyed it’s hard to take them seriously to be honest.

Like I said above, Obama would be getting massive praise from those same people probably.

I don't know enough about it to have a strong view but I agree with you. We don't know how much influence he has had or even if it was by design but it does seem to me that he's had a positive effect in this. Still an abysmal human o/c but credit where it's due.

Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2018, 05:00:15 PM »

Can just imagine Donald Trump saying this to Kim Jong-un.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 06:41:52 PM »

I think it was Tillerson. Remember when Trump publicly reprimanded him and said he was wasting his time trying to negotiate with NK and should stop? That was only about six months ago. Then Pompeo went there secretly around Christmas. Trump has obviously gone along with it but I don’t think the breakthrough has happened because of his bombast - his favourable influence has probably been to stay out of the way and not obstruct what was happening.

Overall, I think Trump’s instincts are much less hawkish than his rhetoric suggests. He always told us he was non-interventionist and has largely been so this far. When he did sanction bombing recently in Syria, the action was very small and contained compared with what he threatened. Pompeo and (particularly) Bolton will push him towards more hawkish positions than Tillerson and Masterson, who were pushing in the opposite direction, so it is hard to predict how he will act in future.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 03:56:04 PM »

Excellent Commons debate on Turkey currently live on BBC Parliament. Really clear discussion without any political game-playing. MPs from opposing parties working together. Worth catching on iPlayer later.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: