blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:19:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a retired internet policeman.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a retired internet policeman.  (Read 29282 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2018, 10:56:02 AM »

update pls.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 12:06:27 PM »

update pls.

He has some pretty big news too.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 01:07:46 PM »

update pls.

Oooooohhh

I think I can guess, but I'd best not speculate.

Fingers crossed.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 02:46:37 PM »

He's had the gender re assignment surgery?

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 08:16:50 PM »

He's had his hooter upgraded to my top of the range model?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 01:05:52 AM »

update pls.

Belly?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 11:28:02 AM »

Update coming....

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 11:29:38 AM »

Blimey!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 12:36:50 PM »

For those who have forgotten what he looks like......

Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 04:45:03 PM »

update pls.

Can confirm he's no longer a virgin. wp Cos

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 04:50:49 PM »

update pls.

There's only one way you can know that for sure....

Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 05:13:46 PM »

update pls.

There's only one way you can know that for sure....

haha

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 08:41:55 AM »

Honestly I can't remember when I stopped updating but the last few years have been pretty cool.

I remember someone in Macau had mentioned to me that they found my diary here and had been reading it, so I asked Tighty to take it down.

I was happy to share my life and poker shenanigans with the blonde members but felt a little uncomfortable when people in my games might be reading. No big deal though.

I was living between Macau and Thailand on and off for 5 years or so. The first couple of years I was making ends meet, paying bills, winning, but not enough to push forward to where I wanted to be. The last 2-3 have been really fantastic though.

I won the biggest hand I've ever played at the back end of last year. I think I was in the game for about £15k.

It was £100 ante PLO, no blinds.  Open to £400 from the VIP and 2 calls, I call with AAJ8 one suit in the cutoff playing around £50k at this point. There were 2 guys behind me 3-betting A LOT hence my call here. The button pots it to £2,500 and it goes call call call and I can make it £14,000. I was taking a risk here because i know the VIPs in this game do not like getting limp raised or back raised but since i give a lot of action and dont make a habit of it, I just hoped in this instance noone would comment on it.

Anyway, only the 3-bettor calls. So there's around £35k in the pot. Pot size bet behind.

Flop is K96 rainbow and I put the money in.

Snap call.

This guy is the richest person in an already pretty damn rich lineup of recreational players and he never runs it twice. However he knows me pretty well and I gave him a look and said cheekily 'twice?'.

I honestly expected him to say yes because we dont usually play these stakes etc but he stuck to his once routine and off we went. He then turned over KQJ9.

I'm just under 28% to win in this spot.

Turn was a 6 and the river was a brick. SHIP IT.

That was a buzz. I remember 13-14 years ago I would play £5 thunder 6-max sit n gos on William Hill and £0.25/0.50 cash games and when I'd be done playing I'd watch the lobby and watch £25/50 games and wonder who these guys were. I remember thinking it would be unreachable to play games like that. I still remember some of the nicknames and think that they were all huge business owners and things. Now I realise most were probably just slightly nerdy degens, just like me.

I'm not a studier like Pads. I love thinking about the game, talking about the game and mostly playing the game but I don't do the off the table work to get me to that next level. But damn I'm so jealous of his work ethic. I know if I applied myself in the same way to PLO I could crush even harder but no complaints from me. Right now I am extremely happy.

I have been very good at getting myself into good games, private games etc etc. I talk a lot, I play looser than most pros, I try to provide value in other ways. In fact just this weekend in Macau I bought a VIP his sushi dinner at the table which was about £100 and arranging something for his son who has just moved to London to study. He asked who paid and then told me I'm welcome to come and play with his friends in Shanghai. He also told me he'd text me next time he came to Macau to play. I've done well networking in poker here in Asia and that's proved fruitful. Turns out my big mouth doesn't only get me into trouble.

I still have that hot Greek blood and can tilt a little easier than I'd like but I have improved hugely in the last 2 years and that's also had a big impact on results.

I'm out of practice with the diarying and that was patchy and not a great update. Will write more this afternoon about poker and then do a life update.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 08:56:25 AM »

Really enjoyed that, keep it coming please Mr Cos.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 09:35:02 AM »

Really enjoyed that, keep it coming please Mr Cos.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: