blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:25:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The Open, 2018.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Open, 2018.  (Read 14838 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2018, 04:28:31 PM »

The weather bias has certainly favoured the early starters yesterday, as the rain has stooped & the wind dropped to zero this afternoon, so the same guys, who are today's late starters, have got the best of it again.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2018, 04:44:59 PM »

I hate that stoopey rain.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2018, 05:11:51 PM »

I hate that stoopey rain.

At least the wind was not droopey.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2018, 05:19:24 PM »

Rahm appears to have a major tilt-issue.

Major as in big not as in majors.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2018, 05:26:45 PM »

10th of November child.

We all suffer the curse Grin

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2018, 06:17:53 PM »

Rahm appears to have a major tilt-issue.

Major as in big not as in majors.

That was an ugly watch. I saw the triple bogey - bogey - double bogey sequence, & then saw him almost snap his driver in half, hopefully he calmed down after that.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 06:23:43 PM by tikay » Logged

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2018, 06:35:18 PM »

Do any other sickos watch the sky coverage all day then the highlights show on BBC?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2018, 06:37:44 PM »

Do any other sickos watch the sky coverage all day then the highlights show on BBC?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2018, 10:57:25 PM »

Tomorrow's pin-positions are all tucked away in the corners - if it blows as expected it's going to be a fun one.

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2018, 09:57:03 AM »

Never really been into golf but have been watching this whilst waiting for the  World Matchplay to start and have found  myself becoming increasingly  engrossed. Who do we fancy today? Is it a case of one from three or can someone from further back put something special together.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2018, 11:00:56 AM »

I don't have Sky sports so I've watched the highlights prog on the beeb every evening which has worked out fine because I've been busy during the day.

The only problem is I have been unable to watch any news programmes or open this thread because I needed to avoid spoilers.

Today I'm indoors all day so I've paid £7.99 for a one day Sky sports pass.

Watching the golf, playing poker online, waiting for me dinner, loving life.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2018, 11:17:58 AM »

A fella, hitting second, just teed off and his ball came to rest actually touching the ball of his playing partner, some 270 yards down the fairway.

The odds on that must be unimaginably huge.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2018, 11:20:45 AM »

A fella, hitting second, just teed off and his ball came to rest actually touching the ball of his playing partner, some 270 yards down the fairway.

The odds on that must be unimaginably huge.

Even more so as they were actually nestled side by side in the rough. Some fairways have a natural camber which results in a regular collecting position for tee shots but I don't think I've ever seen that happen in the rough before.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2018, 11:38:26 AM »

Never really been into golf but have been watching this whilst waiting for the  World Matchplay to start and have found  myself becoming increasingly  engrossed. Who do we fancy today? Is it a case of one from three or can someone from further back put something special together.

The angle I wanted was focussing on the truly excellent ball strikers. The top of the leaderboard (perhaps less so Kis/Xander) already is a who’s who of great ball striking though. I think we should also look at people who’ll be really comfortable shooting away from the tucked pins and biding their time. At the prices I do like Spieth, his course management is genuinely exceptional. Hoffman is a great ball striker and copes with the wind looks , OK at 150/1, maybe 125/1 for most. I’m also backing Rose at 40’s, he’ll stay patient and hit it great all day.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2018, 12:08:17 PM »

I would say that at least a quarter of the top 32 tennis and snooker players are left handed. I don't think there are nearly so many cack-handed golfers. Why is that I wonder?

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: