blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:10:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Champo, L1 & L2, 2018/19
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Champo, L1 & L2, 2018/19  (Read 42942 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2018, 08:59:08 AM »

Derby score very late to secure all 3 points, & the Twitter is alive with "Lampard is the GOAT".

So the market was right - just about - but I could never have backed them at 5/4.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2018, 10:34:00 AM »

With WBA now sponsored by Ideal Boilers, their new mascot is a man in a .......boiler suit.

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 11:03:21 AM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/AwayDaysVideos/status/1025819663035449344/video/1

Just way too funny. This is what I love about going to football. You still get random stuff like this going on.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2018, 11:06:22 AM »

What happens if he needs a leak?

Best Bitter.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2018, 06:04:10 PM »

Stoke looked really awful, strange given their experienced squad.

Fletcher, Crouch, Bojan on the bench?!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2018, 07:21:10 PM »

All well and good being experienced but if you are experienced, average championship players you'll lose against experienced good Championship players more often than not.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 07:04:54 PM »

Looking forward to Stoke/Brentford this weekend. Will be a much better indication of where the Bees are at this season than beating up a Rotherham team who'll do well not to finish bottom.

@fairwaywedge
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2018, 10:38:59 AM »

Looking forward to Stoke/Brentford this weekend. Will be a much better indication of where the Bees are at this season than beating up a Rotherham team who'll do well not to finish bottom.

What's your view now?

I have not seen the game, but the stats suggest Brentford may have had the best of it. Possession 56% v 44%, shots 17 v 9, shots on target 5 v 3, corners 6 v 2.

Looks quite encouraging to me. Home to Sheffield W next week.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2018, 11:34:24 AM »

What's your view now?

I have not seen the game, but the stats suggest Brentford may have had the best of it. Possession 56% v 44%, shots 17 v 9, shots on target 5 v 3, corners 6 v 2.

I didn't go but all accounts Brentford dominated the game and should have won. Stoke sure to come on but a good sign for the Bees if we can keep the squad together. To go away to the promotion favourites and dominate possession and chances is a statement even if we only ended up with a point.

@fairwaywedge
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2018, 11:38:49 AM »

Ollie Watkins will go for £20m+ in the next year imo. Class.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2018, 12:16:58 PM »

Ollie Watkins will go for £20m+ in the next year imo. Class.

A fantastic talent. The Brentford recruitment team really is exceptional. Amongst in the past four/five seasons:

Andre Gray - bought for 0.5mil, sold for £8mil
Scott Hogan - bought for £1mil, sold for £12mil
Jota - bought for £0.75mil, sold for £6.5mil
James Tarkowski - bough for 0.5mil, sold for £6mil

Ryan Woods (bought for 0.5mil), Watkins (£1mil), Sawyers (free) all likely to command £7mil minimum too. With youth teamed Chris Mepham having been subject to a declined £7mil bid from Bournemouth in Jan and Rico Henry injured but very highly rated, it's some record for player development.

@fairwaywedge
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2018, 12:21:29 PM »

Leicester bid £10m for Mepham this window, it was declined

we signed two young continental defenders instead

I like Watkins too, surprised he didn't go up a division this summer as A Traore did,similar talents both sometimes without the right final ball

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2018, 12:34:56 PM »

What's your view now?

I didn't go but all accounts Brentford dominated the game and should have won. Stoke sure to come on but a good sign for the Bees if we can keep the squad together. To go away to the promotion favourites and dominate possession and chances is a statement even if we only ended up with a point.

I was at the match, Brentford were a lot better than us, looked good on the break and deserved all 3 points. Don't think you can take too much from the game as we really didn't provide much of a test.

Feed em rice.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2018, 12:57:01 PM »

Looks like Leeds have won the league in August for the 10th season in a row.  Must admit i've been carried away before thinking that we had what it takes to challenge for promotion however couldn't be happier with how we've started the season.  El Loco is a bit of a lunatic but he has obviously got a great understanding of the players considering he's only introduced 1 player and we look like a different team.

Be very happy if we can continue playing great football & finish comfortably in the playoffs. 

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2018, 02:25:31 PM »

This is just brilliant from our CEO.  One of our young fans committed suicide a few months ago and the club has fully got behind a campaign to highlight mental heath issues, but this is taking it a step further.

https://twitter.com/CWRyder/status/1029315493172326400

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: