blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 12:37:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Champo, L1 & L2, 2018/19
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Champo, L1 & L2, 2018/19  (Read 43981 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2018, 11:04:55 AM »

Fair play to Barnsley for making the right decision here, & to their fans for respecting it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45529624

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2018, 11:11:09 AM »

Meanwhile, Brentford's bubble burst & they dropped out of the top 6.

Leeds lost too - I'd love to see them back in the EPL, & re-ignite those wonderful games v Man U & Liverpool. They still get gates of around 34,000 most home games, pretty good for a Champo side who have dismally under-performed for donkeys years.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2018, 11:29:59 AM »

Paging Chompy, paging Chompy.......

Only one club in England's top four divisions has scored over 23 league goals this season.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2018, 11:34:36 AM »

FACT.

This team is only just getting going too, with Maddison, Walker and Toney, who will all play key roles, only getting first league starts at Gillingham yesterday.

The fat controller keeps saying this is not up with the best Posh teams in terms of quality but that's horsepoo. All the gutless showponies have left the building and there's much more resolve too.

Tafazolli, Woodyard, Dembele, Maddison, Cummings, Godden, Walker, Toney are all Championship class. This team could easily top 100 league goals.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2018, 11:42:56 AM »

Had a bet last night in championship, my team Sheffield Wednesday to finish in top half of table at 11/4 with BV.

Last season was a nightmare and Carvalhal left us with an under performing, unfit and overpaid ageing playing squad. Had horrific injuries too with 10-12 first team players out injured.

Jos Luhukay came in and steadied the ship last season. This summer we couldn’t sign anyone due to FFP issues and let 6-7 leave at the end of their contracts.  He is in the middle of rebuilding the squad and will lose a bunch of overpaid players we are carrying next summer however he is quietly doing a very good job.

He has brought in a group of young players into the first team squad. Thorniley and Penney are very exciting prospects. Penney in particular playing left back or left wing back will be a premier league player. There are 2 or 3 others too.

Injuries are reducing but we still have two influential players in Hooper and Kieran Lee to come back. Forestieri has hardly played and has been suspended but on his day is top quality. We also have Hector on loan from Chelsea and Onomah on loan from Spurs, both very good players.

So hopefully we will carry on getting it quietly but 11/4 top half is a massive value bet for me. The bookies don’t know what is happening within the club. The win at Villa yesterday shows what the squad can do. Not saying we will compete with the top 2 or 3 but top 12 is very achievable.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2018, 12:42:52 PM »

FACT.

This team is only just getting going too, with Maddison, Walker and Toney, who will all play key roles, only getting first league starts at Gillingham yesterday.

The fat controller keeps saying this is not up with the best Posh teams in terms of quality but that's horsepoo. All the gutless showponies have left the building and there's much more resolve too.

Tafazolli, Woodyard, Dembele, Maddison, Cummings, Godden, Walker, Toney are all Championship class. This team could easily top 100 league goals.

More Posh stats.....

Peterborough United have opened the season with 5 straight away wins, (a first for them) which is the best away record in all 4 divisions. 

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2018, 02:25:11 PM »

And another...

Most league assists from 2016/17 (top 4 tiers): 35 Marcus Maddison, 34 De Bruyne, 29 Carey, McConville.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2018, 12:03:05 PM »

After Macclesfield Town lost 8-2 last night to West Ham, Town's Manager, Mark Yates, said....

"That was not the result we were looking for".

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2018, 12:36:08 PM »

Peterborough are away to Sunderland tonight.

I reckon Posh will go 4-5-1, with;

Chapman, Naismith, Daniel, Taff, Bennett, Woodyard, Ward, Maddison, O'Hara, Walker, Toney.

What you reckon, Chomps?

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2018, 01:19:35 PM »

Haha, hard to know who you stalk harder, me or Becks?

Clicked the 'heart' button yet?

That looks a winning line-up to me but King Steve is a dyed-in-the-wool, 4-4-2 (Classic) kind of fatman.

We're catching the Mackems at a good time here. No Cattermole, no Gooch, possibly no Hume, Maja, Loovens. And Calamity Jack the main man for them at the back. This will not be 0-0. Think I'll wind up playing various goal markets.

Kieffer goal spread tonght and Saturday - 3.5-4.5
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:21:33 PM by Chompy » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2018, 01:23:45 PM »

Haha, hard to know who you stalk harder, me or Becks?

Clicked the 'heart' button yet?

That looks a winning line-up to me but King Steve is a dyed-in-the-wool, 4-4-2 (Classic) kind of fatman.

We're catching the Mackems at a good time here. No Cattermole, no Gooch, possibly no Hume, Maja, Loovens. And Calamity Jack the main man for them at the back. This will not be 0-0. Think I'll wind up playing various goal markets.

Kieffer goal spread tonght and Saturday - 3.5-4.5

If you mean clicked the "Like" button yet, no, never clicked one of those in my life.

I tend to look on Twitter most days, & specifically read half a dozen different accounts, just people I like or they post stuff which I enjoy. No idea how I chanced across your one though.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2018, 09:52:01 PM »

First time I've wanted to criticise the lumpy Scotchman since he took over tonight. His ridic 4-3-3 in the first half cost us against a very ordinary Sunderland.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2018, 11:20:10 PM »

Someone changed the shakhtar gaffers wiki to say he was the current Villa manager.  Might be worth a tickle at 4/1.  Wiki has corrected it now.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/aston-villa/next-permanent-manager?selectionName=dean-smith
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2018, 09:43:18 AM »

Chapman, Naismith, Daniel, Taff, Bennett, Woodyard, Ward, Maddison, O'Hara, Walker, Toney.

What you reckon, Chomps?

The Fat Jock went with exactly that team v Barnsley yesterday and we got torn four new ones. I knew!

Kieffer went off injured after about 20 but it didn't look anything too bad. That guy is some unit.

EDIT: Impact injury and expected to be out for two weeks.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 10:09:05 AM by Chompy » Logged

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2018, 03:30:59 PM »

What you reckon, Chomps?

The Fat Jock went with exactly that team v Barnsley yesterday and we got torn four new ones. I knew!

Kieffer went off injured after about 20 but it didn't look anything too bad. That guy is some unit.

EDIT: Impact injury and expected to be out for two weeks.

I didn’t go but plenty of chat on the fan forums about Evans swearing at our coaching staff, refusing to shake hands, etc.

Quite odd, as the game didn’t appear to have any flashpoints to trigger this.  You got an early penalty, missed it, and it sounds like we dominated things after that.

Worrying to see Keiffer get injured, which means our two main strikers are both out of action short-term, but good to see that we still had goals in the team without him.

A huge win for us today after failing to beat Plymouth on Tuesday, who were much better than their league position suggests.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: