blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:33:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Staking in 2018
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Staking in 2018  (Read 16904 times)
RickBFA

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2018, 06:27:33 PM »

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/shady-dealings-partypoker-live-1724977/?highlight=brs

Just seen this thread on two plus two.

Please delete if inappropriate but this is an interesting and topical issue in today’s poker world.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 07:39:20 AM »

Interesting thread, seems like there is a whole underworld to what’s going on but it’s not so in the shadows as everyone knows about it, lol. I know a few people that have been with BRS, some ex, some still there, always seems the ex players are disgruntled and the current players don’t have a bad word. No real shock there.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 07:43:00 AM »

Skin read some of the thread.

Bizarro goings on

Party setting up their own cryptocurrency and then just printing it to buy players into events. Paul Jackson heavily involved threatening ex horses, talks of collision between brs members in satellites.

Just an ugly mess for all involved.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 09:02:24 AM »

Has there been any public comment on this from Party/BRS or anyone accused?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 09:57:36 AM »

The thread is kind of a joke because it's so obvious that 85% of the posts are just a collection of shills with various axes to grind, the "reporter" guy leading the investigation I spoke to him privately and he has a HUGE vendetta against party for various reasons.  I think for that reason Party aren't gonna bother themselves with it.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 10:52:51 AM »

Incredible reading!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 11:33:17 AM »

Given the accusations and concerns, you would perhaps have expected a statement from PP, PPLive, BRS etc but they have made no comment it seems.

One of the guys on there has big money (200k dollars plus I think) in PP dollars.

Seems PP funds are ring fenced but not sure its clear about PP dollars?

Given the history in online poker, its not unreasonable to make sure your funds are safe?

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 01:12:04 PM »

If they are not supposed to knock each other out online - my main reason for blocking myself from party poker
Should we not presume it’s similar instructions live ?
 Truth is it stinks of cheating and scheming against regular players trying with their own money hence why I no longer play
I can’t be the only one who thinks this ?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 01:29:23 PM »

The thread is kind of a joke because it's so obvious that 85% of the posts are just a collection of shills with various axes to grind, the "reporter" guy leading the investigation I spoke to him privately and he has a HUGE vendetta against party for various reasons.  I think for that reason Party aren't gonna bother themselves with it.

How many people need to have an axe to grind before their collective axes gain sufficient credibility to no longer be classed as shills?

Surely if this many people have axes and vendettas then there must be something bad going on?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 01:48:08 PM »

for clarity, my post was referring to why (imo) party/ppl etc didnt respond to the thread, im not saying the point of the thread is/isn't valid or somethign is or isn't going on, just the actual thread itself is wall to wall nonsense and for that reason i cant imagine party responding to it.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 01:50:57 PM »

How many people need to have an axe to grind before their collective axes gain sufficient credibility to no longer be classed as shills?

I mean in that thread there is loads of accounts that to me are very obviously all the same person/collection of people, hoards of brand new accounts come along all writing in the same incredibly well informed succinct manner basically all making the same point, pretty obvious whats going on there. So i would ask, if the matter truly is as much of an outrage then why do they need to regurgitate new fake accounts to build the outrage?

Then there is a few guys in there with valid points who i think actually deserve a response from Party, but they are drowned by the chaos.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 02:10:05 PM »

If they are not supposed to knock each other out online - my main reason for blocking myself from party poker
Should we not presume it’s similar instructions live ?
 Truth is it stinks of cheating and scheming against regular players trying with their own money hence why I no longer play
I can’t be the only one who thinks this ?

You don't play anymore because you're shit and can't be bothered with sitting there all day!

Just like me Grin

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 02:18:40 PM »

I mean in that thread there is loads of accounts that to me are very obviously all the same person/collection of people, hoards of brand new accounts come along all writing in the same incredibly well informed succinct manner basically all making the same point, pretty obvious whats going on there. So i would ask, if the matter truly is as much of an outrage then why do they need to regurgitate new fake accounts to build the outrage?

Then there is a few guys in there with valid points who i think actually deserve a response from Party, but they are drowned by the chaos.

There is a real mixture on there isn't there?!

Someone needs to respond as it isn't going to disappear by the look of it and the accusations of organised collusion are pretty serious don't you think?

Shame to see PeeLeeno's name drawn in to it as well  Cry

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 02:52:10 PM »

Got to feel for the guy who sits second in that leaderboard comp. He's spent thousands of his bankroll to win $200k tournament dollars only to find that other participants that he's up against are seemingly recycling existing dollars.

If that's actually happened it's pretty disgusting.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 03:07:12 PM »

Interesting YouTube video for anybody who doesn't want to read the 2p2 thread:

Skip to 3:30 for the relevant bit.

Worth watching the whole thing for a nice little Will Kassouf snippet as well

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: