blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:06:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  If i could turn back time
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If i could turn back time  (Read 4005 times)
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 11:58:46 PM »

Financially Harchibald in the champion hurdle 2005 (ah god, I've just watched the replay again, too painful)

Emotionally the toon losing away at Marseille (well just Drogba really) in the Uefa Cup semi final was tough to take at the time. We'd have lost the final to Valencia anyway mind haha
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 04:49:35 PM »

Euro 96 semi-final. Gazza gets there.

Just edges the 1990 World Cup semi for me as I was 15 rather than 9, I think we have a better chance of winning that final and winning the tournament on home soil would’ve been epic and made a glorious summer even better.

Earlier in that tournament Gary McAllister's missed penalty against England was devastating. I'd of settled for that going in only to lose from the brilliance of Gazza.

I'll also give a sympathetic shout out to Jean Van de Velde. Buddy, you have it in the bag, just lay up. 

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 07:34:14 PM »

baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2018, 08:16:46 PM »

FA cup final 2011. Still hurts thinking back to Yaya Toure smashing home the winner

Feed em rice.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2018, 08:27:37 PM »

Jan 7th, 1990.

Man Utd lose in the FA Cup 3rd round away at Forest (rather than winning 1-0 and eventually winning the Cup).

Does Fergie get sacked as what was widely believed to be the case if they lost?

One result change could change the entire european club football scene for 25 years...
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 11:51:32 PM »

Jan 7th, 1990.

Man Utd lose in the FA Cup 3rd round away at Forest (rather than winning 1-0 and eventually winning the Cup).

Does Fergie get sacked as what was widely believed to be the case if they lost?

One result change could change the entire european club football scene for 25 years...

That's a very good answer.

I've been trying to think of a City related answer from my lifetime but I'm struggling for a standout tbh….Wigan in the FA cup final was grim, but doesn't feel enough to plump for. Possibly Hamburg in the UEFA cup from about 10 years ago, but that was 'only' the quarter final stage. Real Madrid in the semi of the CL the other season? Dunno, none seem to really jump out.

I'm sure we can guess what united fans majority answer would be.....starts with an A and ends in oooooooooooooooooo Wink

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: