blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:28:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Klopp: What Punishment Is Appropriate?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Klopp: What Punishment Is Appropriate?  (Read 4582 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 02:37:06 PM »

Neil Lennon at Hibs got 3 games for something similar. Doubt Klopp will get as much as that.

Shame really, nice to see a bit of passion, and not really worse than picking up a container of drinks and smashing them to the ground.

A lot less worse, and a lot less contrived too.

Why? & Why?

There's been times when as a fan I've completely lost it and over celebrated a goal. I Imagine as a manager you can x that by 100 then x it by another 100 when it's a last minute winner then x by another 100 when it's in a derby etc.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 04:09:59 PM »

Run 50 yards onto a pitch - that's ok

Don't walk 50 yards to an area you can legally smoke - massive dealbreaker.

Got it.

60,000 people screaming & cheering stimulates an emotionally-charged euphoric reaction

Thought of dragging yourself out of bed to stand alone in the cold stimulates a pain in the ball-sack

Yardage only important in golf mate

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 05:16:54 PM »

Neil Lennon at Hibs got 3 games for something similar. Doubt Klopp will get as much as that.

Shame really, nice to see a bit of passion, and not really worse than picking up a container of drinks and smashing them to the ground.

Why? & Why?

There's been times when as a fan I've completely lost it and over celebrated a goal. I Imagine as a manager you can x that by 100 then x it by another 100 when it's a last minute winner then x by another 100 when it's in a derby etc.

I think you misunderstood me. I was commenting on the comparison with Mourinho. Klopp’s actions were instinctive and understandable; Mourinho’s was contrived and less understandable.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 06:03:42 PM »

5 game ban imo. I would swap that to see him fined to wear a mask for 26 weeks so I don't have to see his gurning, laughing, irritating passionate face again until next season

sola virtus nobilitat
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 06:33:55 PM »

No fine or ban for this sort of thing.

Relax everything apart from a yellow for taking shirt off and a red for giving opposition fans a 'shush' sign.

All part of the fun innit. Watching Fatty Evans on the touchline this season has been way more fun than watching the garbage on it.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 07:41:38 PM »

It's against the rules that the FA has in place, so there needs to be a punishment. In fairness to the FA, they can't just delete the rule that says that the non-playing staff of either team cannot enter the field of play. There'd be chaos. They could delete the rule of a yellow for shirt removal, though: ridic rule.

As for this instance, I'm in the 'Klopp's a cock' camp, but since Marco Silva has been a gent about the situation I can't see why the punishment should be heavy. Tbh I think a one/two match touchline ban would have been more appropriate: £8k's less than he tips after a night out with the boys eh?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 07:53:02 PM »

Don't mind a yellow for Giggs removing his shirt and twirling above head. That was disgusting. Wouldn't know whether to congratulate him or ask him how much he was a square yard.

A yellow for Ronaldo revealing his chiselled marble-work is an insult

Needs to be different punishment for different offences

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 08:03:18 PM »

Good idea MANTIS

Forgot about Giggsy's under-jumper: punishment should've been a full wax

Punishment for Ronaldo? Compulsory wearing of one of those broken eye-socket/cheekbone masks. Maybe then he'd stop staring at himself on the monitors during breaks in play: it's embarrassing since his face is probably his least attractive feature  Cheesy
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2018, 01:04:26 AM »

Why? & Why?

I think you misunderstood me. I was commenting on the comparison with Mourinho. Klopp’s actions were instinctive and understandable; Mourinho’s was contrived and less understandable.

I think i did 😀

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2018, 01:26:52 AM »

Is pokerpops and David3103 (?) the same person? They sure seem like it! (Sorry have been absent of blonde goss for a while)

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2018, 07:08:28 AM »

Is pokerpops and David3103 (?) the same person? They sure seem like it! (Sorry have been absent of blonde goss for a while)

Yes.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2018, 08:07:48 AM »

Yep, made no secret of it since my return from an enforced absence.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2018, 08:09:28 AM »

Why do people suddenly reappear as someone else?

My instant reaction is they think they might be more popular this time round.........?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2018, 01:45:29 PM »

Why do people suddenly reappear as someone else?

My instant reaction is they think they might be more popular this time round.........?

My instant reaction is they lost their password and no longer use the email they signed up with Wink

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2018, 03:43:04 PM »

Hi a while back David had an issue with DTD which eventually put us here on blonde in an awkward spot, one of those "there is no solution here where we aren't going to get smacked around" things and inevitably we were.

Post DTD's involvement when David came back under a new name (one i was familiar with from APAT, having known David for a number of years) we (I?) took the pragmatic approach that rather than stick to our rule, which we try to, of not allowing duplicate accounts that David should carry on and mutually we agreed to let byegones be byegones and instead just argue about Brexit instead :-)

this is just to say that in this instance the reason for the second name is as much down to us as it is him and there's nothing negative to be read into it

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: