blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:02:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Klopp: What Punishment Is Appropriate?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Klopp: What Punishment Is Appropriate?  (Read 4613 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2018, 12:18:57 AM »

My personal opinion is that it was pretty disrespectful and thoroughly classless behaviour and deserves significant punishment.

I would give him a touchline ban for several games.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 12:45:41 AM »

Agreed. I like Klopp but this was out of order.

Seeing as its Klopp I doubt anything happens. If Mourinho he'd have a touchline ban until the the 19/20 season starts (or at least until he gets the boot).
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 08:30:24 AM »

No way, it's amazing. No punishment IMO.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 09:01:08 AM »

He’s irritating in the extreme (Klopp) but it’s hard to feel any real animosity towards a man with that much passion.

Punishment? Make him do the next pre-match press conference in an Everton shirt.

My only gripe about this is the sense that had it been Mourinho there would have been absolute outrage.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 11:57:53 AM »

Neil Lennon at Hibs got 3 games for something similar. Doubt Klopp will get as much as that.

Shame really, nice to see a bit of passion, and not really worse than picking up a container of drinks and smashing them to the ground.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 12:21:54 PM »

Neil Lennon at Hibs got 3 games for something similar. Doubt Klopp will get as much as that.

Shame really, nice to see a bit of passion, and not really worse than picking up a container of drinks and smashing them to the ground.

A lot less worse, and a lot less contrived too.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 12:29:52 PM »

It appears that the punishment is an £8K fine which I find risible.

Good job he didn't kick a water-bottle.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 12:30:36 PM »

Behave like a gentleman. Claims it was a natural reaction to run onto the pitch are absurd: how many years has he managed or played football?

Let's not forget that the goal he celebrated was a horrible mistake by the opposing keeper.

His passion is good for the game. His actions the other night should lead to a touchline ban, as he clearly can't be trusted to behave when he's on one.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 12:53:10 PM »

Hope Jose does it tonight and takes the £8k fine just for lol's if they get lucky enough to get a point against arsenal. 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 01:16:54 PM »

Hope Jose does it tonight and takes the £8k fine just for lol's if they get lucky enough to get a point against arsenal. 

Cheesy

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 01:38:51 PM »

Yea let's extract all the emotion out of sport and make it sterile, lol. Punishments for taking off your shirt, jumping in the crowd, or running on the pitch really get my goat.

Managers sitting on the bench and their team score but they remain stock still and emotionless deserves punishment. Mark Hughes constantly moaning on the touchline deserves punishment and so does Maureen always scowling. Klopp engages people into the sport and oozes passion so happy to encourage this.

There was an occasion when Liverpool wanted to stay at one of our resorts and they sent some fella to negotiate the details. When everything was tied up he says "what's the fine for smoking in the room?" We say obv there is no smoking. He goes "yea yea but how much is the fine?" We stick to our guns due to the yawn h&s implications. He insists that whatever the rules Klopp will be smoking in the room and the whole deal rests on us allowing that and accepting a fine. So we lost the deal.

Jurgen Klopp, he smokes where he wants & he runs on the pitch. Love it. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 01:49:46 PM »

Run 50 yards onto a pitch - that's ok

Don't walk 50 yards to an area you can legally smoke - massive dealbreaker.

Got it.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 02:29:20 PM »

Behave like a gentleman. Claims it was a natural reaction to run onto the pitch are absurd: how many years has he managed or played football?

How can we say it wasn't a natural reaction? I've played sports for years and am still reacting differently at scenarios that have happened previously.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2018, 02:30:34 PM »

I think everyone should take their shirt off, light a fag and run onto the pitch.

The older I get, the better I was.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2018, 02:31:00 PM »

Yea let's extract all the emotion out of sport and make it sterile, lol. Punishments for taking off your shirt, jumping in the crowd, or running on the pitch really get my goat.

Managers sitting on the bench and their team score but they remain stock still and emotionless deserves punishment. Mark Hughes constantly moaning on the touchline deserves punishment and so does Maureen always scowling. Klopp engages people into the sport and oozes passion so happy to encourage this.

There was an occasion when Liverpool wanted to stay at one of our resorts and they sent some fella to negotiate the details. When everything was tied up he says "what's the fine for smoking in the room?" We say obv there is no smoking. He goes "yea yea but how much is the fine?" We stick to our guns due to the yawn h&s implications. He insists that whatever the rules Klopp will be smoking in the room and the whole deal rests on us allowing that and accepting a fine. So we lost the deal.

Jurgen Klopp, he smokes where he wants & he runs on the pitch. Love it. 

Agree. Also love it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: