blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:15:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Party Poker Live Dollars
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Party Poker Live Dollars  (Read 6521 times)
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2018, 07:09:43 AM »

I wanted to play DTD this weekend but it seems to be live dollars only.

Does anyone know if you can buy them or if you need to play Satellites to win them? I don’t have a free night to play so assume I’m screwed if you can’t.....
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 07:42:32 AM »

you need to play Satellites to win them

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 07:55:04 AM »

There may be some in the BRS fire sale

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 08:09:41 AM »

I'm in the same boat, would have played the PLO but do not have the time to spend hours earning live dollars.

HU flip SNGs would have been helpful.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 08:34:53 AM »

Balls! Mrs seems to be allowing me a punt tonight. Anyone got views on best sats to play in evening schedule?

Probably end up spending a grand to play a 200 dollar comp lol
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 09:02:03 AM »

I'm in the same boat, would have played the PLO but do not have the time to spend hours earning live dollars.

This.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 09:20:27 AM »

There are plenty of ways to win these, every day running all day and evening

We have satellites on Partypoker at the following price points:

$5.50 - to win PPL$50
$22 - to win PPL$200 (1 in 10 satellites)
$44 - to win PPL$200 (1 in 5 satellites)
$109 - to win PPL$1000 (1 in 10 satellites)
$530 - to win PPL$5000 ((1 in 10 satellites)

$44 one in five satellites now have 10x PPL$200 GTEs. these are a new addition with this week in mind

It cost me $5 to play the PLO last night (all the PP LIVE Series events are reg fee so for the sides win $50 and you are in)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 10:07:23 AM »

There are plenty of ways to win these, every day running all day and evening

I'm probably in a minority of one but I filtered the sats for PLO:

0 of 244 tournaments displayed.

As I said, HU sats and/or buying dollars, I'd be happy with either. And it would have helped reduce the $4300 overlay on the $10k comp last night.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 10:38:21 AM »

there aren't PP LIVE Dollar sats in PLO

NLHE only

My eyes are open wide
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 10:44:58 PM »

I think I know the answer to this one but I entered a feeder to a 215 thinking that was a qualifier for the 200 at the weekend. I now have a 215 ticket but I can’t use it for that comp! Any way of switching tickets to PP Live Dollars? Or do I need to try and win a 225 PPF Live dollar game?
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 10:57:32 PM »

I think I know the answer to this one but I entered a feeder to a 215 thinking that was a qualifier for the 200 at the weekend. I now have a 215 ticket but I can’t use it for that comp! Any way of switching tickets to PP Live Dollars? Or do I need to try and win a 225 PPF Live dollar game?

thin

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 09:08:49 AM »

they are not the same. Always read the "read more" link

generic satellites feed into standard partypoker MTTs

PP LIVE Dollar satellites have their own tab, and it is these you need to play to win sums for the live series this week

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 09:16:28 AM »

PP LIVE Dollar satellites have their own tab, and it is these you need to play to win sums for the live series this week

Morning Rich,

I completely understand you don't want to go into full spam-mode on here, but I don't think there's any harm if it is restricted to one or 2 threads, & especially when would-be players are confused.

So, 2 questions for you. Not "traps" & not stirring any pots, just genuinely interested.

1). Am I right in saying I can't just put £200 in pound notes in my back pocket & wander down to DTD & play one of these "Live" series things?

2) How did something so simple end up being so complicated? For instance.....

I entered a feeder to a 215 thinking that was a qualifier for the 200 at the weekend. I now have a 215 ticket but I can’t use it for that comp! Any way of switching tickets to PP Live Dollars? Or do I need to try and win a 225 PPF Live dollar game?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 09:17:46 AM »

Of course, it might be that I'm the only soul on earth who does not understand or "get" how all this PP Live Pounds thing works. If so, apologies.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 09:27:27 AM »

Morning Rich,

I completely understand you don't want to go into full spam-mode on here, but I don't think there's any harm if it is restricted to one or 2 threads, & especially when would-be players are confused.

So, 2 questions for you. Not "traps" & not stirring any pots, just genuinely interested.

1). Am I right in saying I can't just put £200 in pound notes in my back pocket & wander down to DTD & play one of these "Live" series things?

2) How did something so simple end up being so complicated? For instance.....

I entered a feeder to a 215 thinking that was a qualifier for the 200 at the weekend. I now have a 215 ticket but I can’t use it for that comp! Any way of switching tickets to PP Live Dollars? Or do I need to try and win a 225 PPF Live dollar game?

1) correct, its a series specifically for holders of the partypokerLIVE Currency, satellites to win these have been running for over a year every day

2) its not that complicated, or shouldn't be. Chris has played a satellite into partypoker's normal range of MTTs by mistake

PP LIVE Dollars link https://www.partypokerlive.com/en/ppl-dollars

We have satellites on partypoker at:
$5.50 - to win PPL$50
$22 - to win PPL$200 (1 in 10 satellites)
$44 - to win PPL$200 (1 in 5 satellites)
$109 - to win PPL$1000 (1 in 10 satellites)
$530 - to win PPL$5000 ((1 in 10 satellites)

$44 one in five satellites now have 10x PPL$200 GTEs

sums won do not expire for two years and can be used for live event buy ins across the partypokerlive range and used for expenses incurred too

My eyes are open wide
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: