blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:14:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Grosvenor 2019
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grosvenor 2019  (Read 18728 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2019, 05:28:05 PM »

As an addition to the GUKPT and 25/25 Series Grosvenor have now announced a ‘deepstack’ series

http://www.gukpt.com/deepstack/

Of note,
£130+£20 entry for a £12,000 gtee
2% deduction from prizepool to fund a league table that applies across ALL Grosvenor Tour Events
£11.25 from every entry is converted into a 25/25 seat which becomes part of the prize pool
Any overlays will be paid out using Grosvenor Poker Tournament Credits

Form an orderly queue...

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 05:52:06 PM »

Will they call the last bit "Grosvenor Poker Live £s"? Tongue

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 06:53:25 PM »

As an addition to the GUKPT and 25/25 Series Grosvenor have now announced a ‘deepstack’ series

Of note,
2% deduction from prizepool to fund a league table that applies across ALL Grosvenor Tour Events
£11.25 from every entry is converted into a 25/25 seat which becomes part of the prize pool

Form an orderly queue...

I don't think I will be investing.

The older I get, the better I was.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 07:26:14 PM »

Of note,

Form an orderly queue...

I don't think I will be investing.
+1
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 07:55:46 PM »

Need to go up and see Cute one weekend, so that one before Chelts might be just the job.

Flick a quick one fifty in, and fire some decent meals home.

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 01:19:14 AM »

Of note,

Form an orderly queue...

Couple of corrections
For every 20 players a £225 seat will be taken out towards any 25/25 of choice. Capped at 10 seats.
Any deepstack overlays will be paid out in cash. They voucher system will only be used for local events

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 07:09:04 AM »

Of note,

Form an orderly queue...

Couple of corrections
For every 20 players a £225 seat will be taken out towards any 25/25 of choice. Capped at 10 seats.
Any deepstack overlays will be paid out in cash. They voucher system will only be used for local events

You say every 20 entries = a £225 seat
I say £225/20=£11.25

I stand corrected on the overlays.
I trust that this will encourage them to be more aggressive in their guarantee setting

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 10:24:40 AM »

Of note,

Form an orderly queue...

Couple of corrections

What’s the idea behind these Jim, will the take over the one day specials at Luton? Or are they in addition too?

Not a fan of taking seats out of the prize pool, much prefer the Last man standing option. Not sure if personally I’m gonna play these, be a shame if the one day specials were lost.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 10:32:35 AM »

Of note,

Form an orderly queue...

Couple of corrections

What’s the idea behind these Jim, will the take over the one day specials at Luton? Or are they in addition too?

Not a fan of taking seats out of the prize pool, much prefer the Last man standing option. Not sure if personally I’m gonna play these, be a shame if the one day specials were lost.

Just clicked the link and it looks like they will be in addition too.  Really can’t get too excited about them. Good luck though.

On the other hand I was a the G for the Weds cash promo this week and thought it was great, first 2 hours rake free and free food which was decent. Great offer and look8ng forward to the £2500 giveaway next week, presume it will not be rake free from 7-9 then?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 11:51:31 AM »

I'm always amazed that deductions from the prize-pool are allowed to happen.

Does the gaming commission not bother regulating poker anymore?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 12:10:11 PM »

The online Day 1 is good for me........and then you can choose which venue for day 2.

However traditionally online legs on Grosvenor dont seem to get many runners , so we will see.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2019, 12:18:03 PM »

I don't get why anyone thinks taking 2% extra off the recs and giving it to some pro who plays the whole series is a good idea either.  It is 2019.  GUKPTs used to be so good. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2019, 12:55:29 PM »

I'm always amazed that deductions from the prize-pool are allowed to happen.

Does the gaming commission not bother regulating poker anymore?

This.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2019, 12:55:56 PM »

I don't get why anyone thinks taking 2% extra off the recs and giving it to some pro who plays the whole series is a good idea either.  It is 2019.  GUKPTs used to be so good. 

And this.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2019, 12:57:43 PM »

Agree, think they have got this one wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: