blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:15:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  schoolgirl who joined IS but wants to come home.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: schoolgirl who joined IS but wants to come home.  (Read 59795 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 28, 2019, 08:07:28 AM »

Wonder how much more dollar we could give nurses if we didn’t have to prosecute and incarcerate all these irrelevant terror lovers.

If we didn’t need surveillance and protection against terror prob be a much bigger public purse.

Indeed this, and whilst it may not affect the vast majority of us, what about those poor families that have been affected by the actions of these terrorists. I am sure they would gladly work with 2% less in their pay packet to know their family are safe rather than dead.

No surprise to see Adz agree with your simplistic point, Mantis.

Imagine how much if every business didn’t hide their true revenues, if super rich taxed more, coperation tax, Mp’s lower salary, lower benefits, etc, etc.

Completely simplistic to even to think this.

“Every” business hides their revenues?  I love the fact the person that wrote this accuses someone else of being simplistic.

That’s the point I’m making. It’s simplistic to think like this.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 28, 2019, 08:22:16 AM »

Wonder how much more dollar we could give nurses if we didn’t have to prosecute and incarcerate all these irrelevant terror lovers.

If we didn’t need surveillance and protection against terror prob be a much bigger public purse.

Indeed this, and whilst it may not affect the vast majority of us, what about those poor families that have been affected by the actions of these terrorists. I am sure they would gladly work with 2% less in their pay packet to know their family are safe rather than dead.

No surprise to see Adz agree with your simplistic point, Mantis.

Imagine how much if every business didn’t hide their true revenues, if super rich taxed more, coperation tax, Mp’s lower salary, lower benefits, etc, etc.

Completely simplistic to even to think this.

“Every” business hides their revenues?  I love the fact the person that wrote this accuses someone else of being simplistic.

That’s the point I’m making. It’s simplistic to think like this.

Doesn’t read like that but fair enough.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: March 08, 2019, 11:38:13 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47500387

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 09, 2019, 12:48:04 AM »

Newsnight

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 09, 2019, 07:11:21 AM »

As someone that has never had kids, babies etc, I found it quite disturbing that she was always giving interviews with her baby smothered by or under her dress all the time. Why was this? Surely that is not the advocated way to treat a new born?

Didn't seem the right way to ensure it was firstly,breathing ok, or she could actually see how it was......

It's very sad to hear of a death of a baby, but this is now child number 3 she has lost and I still feel we made the right decision.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 09, 2019, 09:09:10 AM »

As someone that has never had kids, babies etc, I found it quite disturbing that she was always giving interviews with her baby smothered by or under her dress all the time. Why was this? Surely that is not the advocated way to treat a new born?

Didn't seem the right way to ensure it was firstly,breathing ok, or she could actually see how it was......

It's very sad to hear of a death of a baby, but this is now child number 3 she has lost and I still feel we made the right decision.

Looks like the witch hunt has already started, Sajid Javed being the prime target, imo the guilt still lies firmly with this woman and the choices she made.....
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 09, 2019, 09:29:34 AM »

Looks like the witch hunt has already started, Sajid Javed being the prime target, imo the guilt still lies firmly with this woman and the choices she made.....

Surely it is split between her and Javed, and we all just disagree on the percentage to each?   Guess if you are going to break the law when home secretary, you have to hope no innocent babies die.   It is going to be a worse look when he loses the court case. 

He deserves a much harder time than Amber Rudd. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: March 09, 2019, 09:31:23 AM »

The death of a child is terrible but let's keep a sense of proportion here.

Hundreds of children die every day in war torn or disease, drought and famine hit countries.

It's like Stalin said, "One death is a tragedy, a thousand deaths is a statistic".

I wonder how many of the people who spend hours at their keyboard, or take to the streets to villify Javid will bother to donate £3 to a malaria or clean water fund?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 12:51:57 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: March 09, 2019, 09:32:12 AM »

Perhaps we should offer her help with contraception.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 09, 2019, 09:36:45 AM »

Hundreds of children die every day in war torn or disease, drought and famine hit countries.

It's like Stalin said, "One death is a tragedy, a thousand deaths is a static".

I wonder how many of the people who spend hours at their keyboard, or take to the streets to villify Javid will bother to donate £3 to a malaria or clean water fund?

Things nobody said after the death of Jodie Chesney. 

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: March 09, 2019, 09:38:57 AM »

They didn't say them after the death of David Bowie either.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: March 09, 2019, 09:43:26 AM »

Do we even know that the baby is actually dead?

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 09, 2019, 11:45:30 AM »

Surely it is split between her and Javed, and we all just disagree on the percentage to each?   Guess if you are going to break the law when home secretary, you have to hope no innocent babies die.   It is going to be a worse look when he loses the court case. 

He deserves a much harder time than Amber Rudd. 

You really think he's responsible.. That's ridiculous whether you think he's right or wrong on withdrawing the mothers citizenship

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 09, 2019, 11:49:14 AM »

I thought it tbf. Women are killed by men as a year round sport. In no sense do I think were in some kind of national crisis around violent crime any more than we have ever been. Sensationalist, government battering nonsense

sola virtus nobilitat
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 09, 2019, 12:33:55 PM »

The only innocent is the baby; and did we actually see the poor child?

I hate when these things get used as polical weapons. Javid can certainly be accused of playing to the public gallery, and probably rather clumsy in his actions, but the sole responsibility for the child’s plight lies with his mother.

She chose to go to Syria & join IS, putting herself in danger.
She chose to marry an IS fighter and have 2 children that both died of similar causes, having put both their lives in danger in any event.
In spite of this she chose (probably) to get pregnant with yet another child, and similarly put that child’s life in danger.
The pure cynic in me thinks the timing of her pregnancy and her efforts to leave Syria for the UK are not coincidental.
That aside, in order to save the child, or both mother & child, Javid would have had to put other people’s lives at risk - firstly, to extract them & secondly, after their return to the UK.

I don’t think I’m being unfair in this series of statements, but here we all are, battling an avalanche of faux outrage from the usual suspects.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: