blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:51:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  schoolgirl who joined IS but wants to come home.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: schoolgirl who joined IS but wants to come home.  (Read 59340 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2019, 08:05:52 AM »

Another line of thought here, especially with the way IS twist peoples minds.

She will have been totally convinced that it was the west/UK that killed her 2 other children, our actions/bombs/soldiers or whatever will be wholly to blame. As a young lady of any mindset with this driven into you will make you full of hate and wanting revenge. Maybe not straight away but at some point she is going to want vengeance.

big leaps there.

She seems to have blamed lack of medical facilities and malnutrition.   So the West ckearly isn't wholly to blame, if at all.

Very few people ever take vengence to any ectent, whilst she may be more likely, that is a long way from where you are.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2019, 08:13:19 AM »

She was 15 when she left, was (legally) raped, & has lost 2 children by the age of 19 due to malnutrition & illness, & is pregnant now. Her life is a total mess.

At what age do we cut her some slack due to immaturity & youth?

It isn't as simple as that. I could turn it on it's head and ask at what age is she not a threat to thousands of innocent people?

Has she shown contrition? No.
Has she condemned ISIS? No.
Did she put her children in harm's way? Yes.

Our actions have to have consequences. Not just as punishment but also as a deterrent.

Genuine question. Would you personally take responsibility for any harm she caused or facilitated if she were allowed to return?

She has condemned ISIS, she said they were corrupt, there was so much oppression and they deserved to lose.

It isn't a genuine question.

If I ask it in isolation, will it be genuine then?

Would you personally take responsibility for every criminal.that is released from prison? Do you think we should release previous offenders from prison?

Guessing the answer is going to be no and yes, so the first question isn't a genuine attempt to finding the flaws in your answer to the second.   

I am not sure I'd be that bothered with her living next door.   I suspect the downsides will be mostly around other parties such as press and people who wish her harm, rather than her blowing up my kids.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2019, 08:27:59 AM »

second thoughts are sometimes best.

apologies to anyone who saw the first version
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 08:40:56 AM by Pokerpops » Logged

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2019, 08:43:19 AM »

What has she actually done? She is guilty of going to live somewhere else. And tacitly approving of the actions of others. And that's it? That's what's so terrible? So far as we know, she hasn't planted any bombs, shot anyone, spread hate on the internet, distributed seditious material, attended any dodgy gatherings or taken part in any terrorist activity at all. The hate we have seen spread on the internet on this topic and others has been by hard-line inflexible nationalists who are more dangerous to our society than she is.

You can’t in all seriousness claim that a nationalist bigot posting some garbage on the internet is more dangerous to our society than someone who has integrated herself into a terrorist network.  It’s a laughable comment.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2019, 08:55:37 AM »

What has she actually done? She is guilty of going to live somewhere else. And tacitly approving of the actions of others. And that's it? That's what's so terrible? So far as we know, she hasn't planted any bombs, shot anyone, spread hate on the internet, distributed seditious material, attended any dodgy gatherings or taken part in any terrorist activity at all. The hate we have seen spread on the internet on this topic and others has been by hard-line inflexible nationalists who are more dangerous to our society than she is.

I'm starting to think your Mint Trav personna is a wind up.

What constitutes. A bad person in your eyes?

The very fact she sees heads in dustbin and it doesn't faze her, alarms me somewhat, or maybe thats just a day in the life of Mint Trav..

Just as much as we have no video of her involved in anything, do you think she went over there to bake cakes and sew their socks?

As I said, I hope they relocate these people next door to you,won't be so liberal then, I'm sure.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2019, 09:08:30 AM »

The very fact she sees heads in dustbin and it doesn't faze her, alarms me somewhat, or maybe thats just a day in the life of Mint Trav..

Just as much as we have no video of her involved in anything, do you think she went over there to bake cakes and sew their socks?

As I said, I hope they relocate these people next door to you,won't be so liberal then, I'm sure.

When you were 18, bet you liked to act hard too.   At 18, how many of us would say, ywah thing A scared the shit out of me?  There was a thread here the other week where some bloke was ridiculed fot crying or similar.   Sure we are all comditioned to show weakness.

It was likely a long interview, and this is the answer to one question.   

Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2019, 10:02:07 AM »

Supposedly the full interview
https://www.reddit.com/r/syriancivilwar/comments/aqozr4/shamima_begum_the_interview_in_full/
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2019, 10:28:07 AM »

You can’t in all seriousness claim that a nationalist bigot posting some garbage on the internet is more dangerous to our society than someone who has integrated herself into a terrorist network.  It’s a laughable comment.

Of course I do. I am seriously concerned about the direction we are going. I don’t have many very right-wing friends on Facebook, for example, but there are a few and the hatred in the links they put up is undermining our society and has the potential to lead to violence. I think that thousands of bigots spoiling for trouble is hugely more dangerous than one individual who moved into a terrorist group but isn’t known to have actively participated in anything. Obviously, you don’t.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2019, 10:37:57 AM »

That’s a silly comment, akin to the silly ‘you’d feel different if it was your house they burgled / daughter they raped’ etc.

You are so alarmed that she wasn’t fazed and by what you have decided she might do that you wish to take action against her. We don’t punish people for what we believe they are thinking or what we think they might do.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2019, 10:57:15 AM »

If tree-hugging liberals take the line that adolescents such as this girl are impressionable they must accept that this country contains millions of impressionable youngsters. Thus the message we deliver here will have a much greater bearing on the direction of our society than some bigots on Facebook. Let's not forgot that this is a War on Terror and when at war it's often not plausible to dance around the camp-fire joining hands and singing kumbaya my lord.

You have two sides in any war and one of our own has decided to join the opposition who happen to be heinous, evil, barbarians who love nothing more than slaughtering our women and children. She's cool with beheading and has no regrets. The message that we welcome her back and our taxpayers cover all costs of her life and bringing up her child is pretty offensive, particularly to those service personnel who have had limbs blown off or heads hacked off. All those impressionable youngsters will see that it's fine to flip flop this way and that because the country will always be there to bail you out should your decisions prove unfruitful. You don't need to have regrets or recount your views, we will be there for you no matter what. Think that's a dangerous message to send to poor impressionable young folk really, there's stronger rhetoric on a packet of fags these days.

There's a chance she's a plant determined to blow herself up at Marylebone station or she'll influence others around her or she'll change her mind again and hate on the country or any number of scenarios. If any bad stuff happens how could the bleeding-heart liberals justify risking our safety? Cos of some comments on Facebook and people do stupid stuff sometimes? I repeat this is a war. And in it I just imagine liberals stumbling around the rubble in Syria with white linen suits, panama hats and MCC club ties proclaiming "I say chaps let's stick to the Queensbury rules here". As usual there's no place for liberal theoretical fantasies in the real world.     

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2019, 11:08:29 AM »

Of course I do. I am seriously concerned about the direction we are going. I don’t have many very right-wing friends on Facebook, for example, but there are a few and the hatred in the links they put up is undermining our society and has the potential to lead to violence. I think that thousands of bigots spoiling for trouble is hugely more dangerous than one individual who moved into a terrorist group but isn’t known to have actively participated in anything. Obviously, you don’t.

Correct - obviously I think joining a terrorist group which cuts people's heads off is worse than an idiot posting links on facebook that might incite violence.  Still, I suppose you don't get to show your righteousness if you don't take absurd viewpoints, so I understand why you are doing it.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2019, 11:09:56 AM »

That’s a silly comment, akin to the silly ‘you’d feel different if it was your house they burgled / daughter they raped’ etc.

You are so alarmed that she wasn’t fazed and by what you have decided she might do that you wish to take action against her. We don’t punish people for what we believe they are thinking or what we think they might do.

Why is it a silly comment?

I am sure your opinion would be completely different if she was relocated next door to you.

Lets be clear. We have no evidence of what she has done herself, but as I said before, if she had shown a desire to move in with Fred and Rose, what do you think her motives would be?

It is lily livered people like you that are more dangerous to society, shouting "fair play for all", because we have no evidence. Then in a another heartbeat, shouting about your rights to privacy because we then have to put cameras everywhere to then gain this evidence.

Think about the people you put at risk but suggesting she should be allowed home.

How would you feel if she did blow herself up in some shopping centre? Or would you just put that down to "expressing herself"

Its actually people like you that get people like me mad, not videos stoking up racial hatred. They are just fools. Its the creeping liberalism, that is the biggest danger to our safety.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2019, 11:35:02 AM »

Another line of thought here, especially with the way IS twist peoples minds.

She will have been totally convinced that it was the west/UK that killed her 2 other children, our actions/bombs/soldiers or whatever will be wholly to blame. As a young lady of any mindset with this driven into you will make you full of hate and wanting revenge. Maybe not straight away but at some point she is going to want vengeance.

big leaps there.

She seems to have blamed lack of medical facilities and malnutrition.   So the West ckearly isn't wholly to blame, if at all.

Very few people ever take vengence to any ectent, whilst she may be more likely, that is a long way from where you are.

I’ve seen the way the propaganda works and that’s what will have been driven into her 100%. If she’s blaming lack of medical etc even more of a red flag for me. They’ll have been told that the west has prevented medical supplies, they regularly get shown videos of hospitals being bombed etc to strengthen the commitment against the west.

I agree few people ever take vengeance to any extent but It only takes 1...
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2019, 11:55:57 AM »

Here's Jacob Rees Mogg's take on it. It's only 1m 22 secs, so an easy watch.

https://twitter.com/KeejayOV2/status/1096183550410481667

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2019, 12:03:07 PM »

I find it hard to look objectively at posts by woodsey and mantis when they so often include pointless insults like 'tree hugging liberal' or 'PC wanker'.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: