blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:30:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Football Index
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Football Index  (Read 7056 times)
Matt50

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2019, 02:17:07 PM »

Football Index
Couldn’t see any posts on here about this.
Not sure if people are aware of this relatively new platform, it has recently had a lot of advertising on sky and talk sport.

In basic terms it is a stockmarket for football players, players prices rise and fall depending on how many shares (known as futures on FI) are brought and sold. Dividends are paid out on players and those that win the most dividends are generally the highest price.

The market is fairly buoyant at the moment given the amount of recent advertising bringing in new users and an impending share split which should produce more price rises.

I started three months ago and have a current ROI of 30%!

Now is defiantly the time to get involved and anyone who signs up using the following link gets us both £10 free money in our accounts, what’s not to like about that!

http://trade.footballindex.co.uk/raf/?tag=91088&name=Matt H

If anyone has any questions then ask away or PM me.
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 01:17:23 PM »

I’m really surprised that no one on a betting forum is interested in this, would be interested to know why?

Is it because it’s not mainstream yet? Or because it isn’t like regular betting?

Since I posted this a week ago I have made just shy of £150, now I am not saying it is easy and/or guaranteed money but if you know your football there is definitely money to be made.

Are there any other blonde members already on FI?
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 06:55:44 PM »

I just don’t know enough about it and for absolutely no reason I feel its open to be corrupted. No logic or rationale just why I havnt bothered.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 08:24:47 PM »

What determines player price?  Is it just a random black box algo?  I’d so why should I believe the algo won’t just deliver according to bookie position?
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 07:27:44 PM »

Players prices move based on the number of shares brought or sold.
For each 100 shares brought in a player his price rises by £0.01.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 06:28:09 PM »

Players prices move based on the number of shares brought or sold.
For each 100 shares brought in a player his price rises by £0.01.

So 10,000 shares bought to move the price £1.  Sounds dull to me and just relying on anticipating herd mentality to make money.  Plus you need big liquidity
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 08:14:44 PM »

Liquidity is fairly big and constantly growing.
FI tweeted a couple of days ago that £35 million was traded in the last 30 days.

I have made £1,500 from a £5k deposit in just 3 months.
I’m just keen for others to make money too  Smiley
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 01:18:56 PM »

It’s not really accurate to link Football Index with the stock market. From what I can make out FI takes a 2% cut from all purchases, which funds all their costs and the dividends paid out?

Anyway, this makes it a negative-sum game unlike the stock market which is positive-sum. The stock market has profits from companies coming in, but FI doesn’t have player wages, or transfer fees coming in.

Therefore FI can only continue to grow if new gamblers come in adding more funds and taking positions, forcing up the prices. They’re not investors as they don’t own anything, more like spread bettors taking a position on players whose value they think will rise.

If players retire do you just lose all your money?

I read something about a 3-year expiry on all purchases...if you don’t sell before then you just lose that investment, which I guess goes to FI?

It seems that you can make money by gambling on this, as you just need better info than the majority of other players - do you watch a lot of foreign football?
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 01:26:31 PM »

It’s not really accurate to link Football Index with the stock market. From what I can make out FI takes a 2% cut from all purchases, which funds all their costs and the dividends paid out?

Anyway, this makes it a negative-sum game unlike the stock market which is positive-sum. The stock market has profits from companies coming in, but FI doesn’t have player wages, or transfer fees coming in.

Therefore FI can only continue to grow if new gamblers come in adding more funds and taking positions, forcing up the prices. They’re not investors as they don’t own anything, more like spread bettors taking a position on players whose value they think will rise.

If players retire do you just lose all your money?

I read something about a 3-year expiry on all purchases...if you don’t sell before then you just lose that investment, which I guess goes to FI?

It seems that you can make money by gambling on this, as you just need better info than the majority of other players - do you watch a lot of foreign football?

Ultimately you are correct, it is a gambling platform.
I am not here to sell the product, I am on it and enjoy it and I make good money from it at the moment.
And was just wondering if any other blondes might like to get on board at this early stage of the growth.

Yes it needs money input to make it grow, and eventually it may stagnate. But at the moment it is new and growing at a decent rate and the advertising should assist with that.

After 3 years yes your shares in a player expire, but not many people would keep shares on a player for that long, and if you do then you just have to sell them.

dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 08:10:42 PM »

Hey Matt,

I deposited £100 on the site a few months ago to have a dabble but haven’t actually done any trading yet. I read the rules and it also seemed that the amount of news articles a player is featured in helps drive the price too. Is that right?

Basically after reading how it works I kinda decided it would take up more time than I had if I was going to do it properly.

So a few questions:

1. You say you deposited £5k. What would the minimum roll you think someone would need to start with?
2. How many hours a week do you spend on this? Assume it’s a lot more during transfer windows?
3. How often/quick are price changes. Basically do you always have to be ‘switched on’ to make profit?
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 08:38:32 AM »

Hey Matt,

I deposited £100 on the site a few months ago to have a dabble but haven’t actually done any trading yet. I read the rules and it also seemed that the amount of news articles a player is featured in helps drive the price too. Is that right?

Basically after reading how it works I kinda decided it would take up more time than I had if I was going to do it properly.

So a few questions:

1. You say you deposited £5k. What would the minimum roll you think someone would need to start with?
2. How many hours a week do you spend on this? Assume it’s a lot more during transfer windows?
3. How often/quick are price changes. Basically do you always have to be ‘switched on’ to make profit?

Hi Nick
In answer to your questions
1. It depends what you are looking for, if you are just looking for a bit of fun and interest then 2 or 3 hundred would be fine. At the moment the top players prices are quite high, circa £21 each, but with a share split coming at the end of March more of the top players will become accessible to those with a low investment.
If you are looking to make serious money then you need to be looking at putting in 4 figures minimum.
Like normal betting different people enjoy it betting at different levels.
2. Normally about an hour a day, checking how my portfolio has moved, reading forums, checking twitter and then carrying out any research on any players that might interest me. I know some people who put there portfolio together and then only check it weekly/monthly to see how it has moved.
3. They vary. One of the biggest movements was when Mourinho was sacked and all the united attacking players prices started to rise quickly, so in that sort of instance if you wanted to be involved you need to be on the ball. However a lot of price rises on players are gradual and there is plenty of time to get on. Ultimately when is too late. I brought Jadon Sancho shares at £7.25 and was worried I might have got on too late. He is now at over £15 each!

Dividends are paid out on players in 2 ways on a daily basis. The first is Media Buzz where points are allocated for each news story the player is involved in, the more dividends a player wins the more his price will rise.
The second way is Player Buzz, every player who plays a match in one of the top 5 European leagues receives Opta type points for his performance. The top performing players in their position each day win dividends. This means that someone like Kimmich who scores really well and wins top defender quite a bit is more expensive that van Dijk who is perceived as a better player.
This is where understanding how the market works is so important.
Chris_T

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 06:33:32 PM »

Who have the top 5 performing players been this season to give an idea of how the algorithm allocates the dividends and how much weighting the news has ie pogba gets all the headlines but his performances have been inconsistent
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2019, 03:57:40 PM »

Who have the top 5 performing players been this season to give an idea of how the algorithm allocates the dividends and how much weighting the news has ie pogba gets all the headlines but his performances have been inconsistent

Hi Chris

Do you mean top 5 dividend returners? If so since the start of the season they have been
1. Pogba
2. Ronaldo
3. Messi
4. Hazard
5. Neymar

Some win more through performance and others through media
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 07:43:51 PM »

The Football Index platform continues to grow.
Next season they will be the main sponsor of Nottingham Forest FC
Growth is still going great, I have just completed 7 months and have an ROI of just under 60%

With the new season just Around the corner and a big marketing push to come hopefully it will go from strength to strength

Just a reminder if you sign up through the link below you get £10 free

http://trade.footballindex.co.uk/raf/?tag=91088&name=Matt H
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 01:51:29 PM »

So my first year on Football Index is completed. £6,500 invested, my portfolio currently sits at an ROI of just over 95%, so profit in excess of £6,000.
A big marketing push is just around the corner so numbers are expected to increase in the new year, really feel like this platform is going places.
And it’s never to late to join......
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: