blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:30:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Driving bans
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Driving bans  (Read 7184 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 08:14:54 PM »

Tom do you think mobile speed vans that hide in all sorts of areas looking to 'trap' people doing 35 in a 30 or 45 in a 40 are an effective way of saving lives? Or are they just a tax generator for busto local councils?  I know for a fact 3 of my tickets were in areas where it was impossible for anyone to have ever died or injured in the area tthey were 'protecting'.  They are just looking to raise revenue.  Why don't they sit in the same spots at 7pm and 7am to 'trap' the 9-5ers who escape ever knowing these vans exist?  Why can't they sit there outside office hours to makee it fair for all? 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 08:19:46 PM by arbboy » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 08:36:50 PM »

Tom do you think mobile speed vans that hide in all sorts of areas looking to 'trap' people doing 35 in a 30 or 45 in a 40 are an effective way of saving lives? Or are they just a tax generator for busto local councils?  I know for a fact 3 of my tickets were in areas where it was impossible for anyone to have ever died or injured in the area tthey were 'protecting'.  They are just looking to raise revenue.  Why don't they sit in the same spots at 7pm and 7am to 'trap' the 9-5ers who escape ever knowing these vans exist?  Why can't they sit there outside office hours to makee it fair for all? 

No, and I don't think I said that at any point.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 08:41:38 PM »

Get a car with cruise control.   Set it at 31 in a 30, be careful going down hills, job done.  

Some people get away with it, some don't.   I think it is more individual magistrates having different views on the seriousness of 36 in a 30.   I'd be pretty harsh on it.   I think 36 in a 30 is quite a bit worse than 80 in a 70.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 08:44:45 PM »

Get a car with cruise control.   Set it at 31 in a 30, be careful going down hills, job done.  

Some people get away with it, some don't.   I think it is more individual magistrates having different views on the seriousness of 36 in a 30.   I'd be pretty harsh on it.   I think 36 in a 30 is quite a bit worse than 80 in a 70.  

It is but some people do 110 in a 70 and don't get banned.  Loads of drivers sit in the middle lane and never ever get punished and cause total chaos on roads at times on Motorways even though it is an offense.  How many people have you ever met who have been fined for being a middle lane donk?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 08:46:18 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2019, 08:47:44 PM »

Pretty sure its going to mean a summer abroad in the sun until September so i should be thankful but it is very annoying none the less
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 08:59:41 PM »

It is but some people do 110 in a 70 and don't get banned.  Loads of drivers sit in the middle lane and never ever get punished and cause total chaos on roads at times on Motorways even though it is an offense.  How many people have you ever met who have been fined for being a middle lane donk?

Someome I used to work with got pulled over for it.

She was as appalled as you are.

I couldn't have had less sympathy, though there are always those who try hard to compete

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 09:01:18 PM »

I never got asked to hand over my driving licence card in court when sentenced so it should be pretty easy to go abroad with that and hire a car i imagine given the dates are 'valid' on the card.   Just makes me want to move abroad for the summer even more.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2019, 09:06:55 PM »

Nearly fell off the sofa when I read that this was your fourth ban.

Totally understand your frustration getting done by the mobile vans. I've been caught 3 times in the same place - they park the van with a blacked out rear window in a lay-by, c.50 meters before the speed limit changes from 30 to 50 - and it was only on the third occasion that I actually noticed the fkn van. So, imo, it's largely a money-raising exercise, since there's no shortage of crime in the area and there's 2 motorways to choose from to catch those idiots that drive at 60mph in the two middle lanes.

Went to a speed awareness course myself in the last 6 months, and the one thing that stuck in my memory is the extra 6 meters stopping distance for 31mph compared to 30mph. It'd be truly devastating to find out the difference between 30 and 36mph by colliding with a human - or even a family pet.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 09:08:51 PM by 4KSuited » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2019, 09:12:49 PM »

i struggle to understand how 'sales reps' like Woodsey haven't got points coming out of their arse as 'day time' drivers in non local areas.  I can't have it that the sales reps of this world don't do 35 in a 30 all the time and constantly have their car on cruise control at 30 having seen many of them drive.  Given i work from home most of the week i don't drive that much compared to most.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 09:14:36 PM by arbboy » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2019, 09:32:22 PM »

i struggle to understand how 'sales reps' like Woodsey haven't got points coming out of their arse as 'day time' drivers in non local areas.  I can't have it that the sales reps of this world don't do 35 in a 30 all the time and constantly have their car on cruise control at 30 having seen many of them drive.  Given i work from home most of the week i don't drive that much compared to most.

Because as I said before we all go ultra cautious when we get to 6 points, if we got to 9 we would literally be shitting ourselves every time we got in the car and make sure we don’t exceed any limits. In the companies I’ve worked there has always been somewhere between 150-300 sales people on the road and I’m honestly struggling to remember anyone who has lost their job as a result of losing their licence as we would simply slow down.

Doesn’t really affect me nowadays anyway I’m long gone well up the greasy pole quite a few years ago, so most of my journeys now are plane or train as I’m all over the Uk and Ireland.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 09:53:50 PM »

I've been driving all sorts of vehicles at all times of day and night for 45 years and until very recently I used to do well above the average mileage. I have only had 3 lots of penalty points (9 points total) in all that time.

Six of the points were within the same 3 year period and I was ultra careful after that. There was no way I was losing my licence for a reason I had control over.

Saying you have been treated unfairly or suggesting that speeding points are unavoidable is total bollocks.

Suck it up soldier.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 10:22:21 PM »

^^^^^^

Uncharacteristicly blunt for me. Wish I hadn't posted it now. Sorry.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2019, 10:29:28 PM »

Sounds like you drive like Maureen off Driving School*

*one of us oldies....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2019, 10:57:57 PM »

4 bans and 5 speed awareness courses.......bloody hell that being caught 17 times!
 Is this mainly near where you live? I can’t remember the last time I saw a mobile unit in the London area.

At least you are on first name terms with the judge 😂
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2019, 11:31:08 PM »

Thought my 21pts in 2006/7 was some going!

Not sure you can have much to complain about, to be fair Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: