blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:47:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2019 Updates
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2019 Updates  (Read 48919 times)
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2019, 01:30:57 AM »

If heading to downtown Vegas here’s some advice from the Scottish arm of the kk forum

Tony the chart house in the nugget do lovely cocktails (happy hour between 4pm and 6pm) only about $5 to $7 each, we pop in most days when we are there.they also do lovely snacks .
Breakfast, the californian is good (nothing fancy) but great value,its always busy,but you get a table no prob. They also do a great white tuna sandwich.
T.bone steak dinner costs about $15.
Buffet best value is main street buffet costs about $12 and they have a great selection, (its been voted best downtown value for money buffet,a couple of times in the last few years)
If you get fed up with the pool being to busy at the nugget,the downtown grand has pool on top of the hotel,costs $5 for non residents,plenty of space and and drinks a fraction of the cost you pay at nugget pool.
If you like ribs and chicken binnions do them in the bar at the back,we got one ribs and chicken order beteen 2 ,couldnt eat one each,they give you that much.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2019, 08:04:31 AM »

Another classic report from Tony

Your night of not losing reminds me of my night of not losing with Kempton being abandoned....result result
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2019, 11:19:38 AM »

These reports are fantastic
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2019, 11:55:07 AM »

More good stuff Tony.

The steak restaurant at the back of The Nugget something and Anthony's I think it's called, very nice steaks but has huge portions.

Even the starters are enormous and I'm sure would be plenty for two above average appetites as I barely made a dent in my Caesar's salad last time I visited.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2019, 03:27:41 PM »

Hahahaha Great unorthadox writeups Tony.. keep em coming..although some details are not for the feint of heart Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2019, 04:02:55 PM »

Yeah, keep em coming please, balancing out Tikays more sedate ramblings.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2019, 05:20:38 PM »

Yeah, keep em coming please, balancing out Tikays more sedate ramblings.

sedate ramblings

My writing has been called far far worse. I'll happily settle for sedate I think. I should add, of course, that the Updates I am posting are simply C & P from a lovely chap next door, so I can't even claim credit for being sedate.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 05:31:32 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2019, 05:31:55 PM »

Incred scenes Cheesy

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2019, 12:03:54 AM »

Vic and Anthony’s  karabiner - pretty pricey in there though but v v good .
Last night was binions steakhouse - one of the few I’ve not visited over the years .
Looking at the menu I remembered why it’s 20% more than most
But it’s Denises birthday celebrations so $15 more per person is cheaper than 21 n the neighbours by $10 .- a bet they don’t do in the USA by the way .
Couple of drinks at the nugget n off we went to the 24 th floor -1 more is the pool deck we really want to visit but it’s for 4 queens guests though
Either a bribe or one night next Tuesday in the 4 queens when it’s cheap .
Binions is tidy smart n very old school type decor maitre d and waiters in full get up
Champagne $299 Dom perignon - nope
Perrier jouet $249 one of my favourites but not at that price
Moët the bargain price of $65 result
No starter
Just some bread n v nice ice cream sorry butter salt infused to keep my blood pressure up
Spectacular views though well worth that bit of extra money
8 ounce fillet mignon $52.99
Plus a fully loaded jacket
Plus mushrooms sautéed in sherry and port
Was very tasty
A chocolate cake with a candle was a gift for Denise with a lovely card
All in all a very nice touch
Back to the nugget via the Betty Crocker slot in binions one of Denise’s favourite s
I think I won a bit
Then I did $300 at $5 a spin for sweet fanny Adams in the nugget except comps towards the presidential suite we always joke about
Passing a roulette wheel with o golden nugget and oo all next to each other and the rest of the wheel is like an English layout
He’s in 19-2-4-21 area so I load up $200 in he stays in that area 30$ on 17 hits as he repeated and I doubled 15 up get it up to 1700 down to 1500 n cash out
200 on blackjack which I hate - but always have to have one go at every trip .
Then bedtime
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2019, 12:31:18 AM »

No fancy bowel movements  for adz 😂💩
Or jiggy jiggy as we fall asleep as our heads hit the pillow
Nugget pool today with loud music screaming kids and the shark tank it’s v v hot out there btw even for us lizards 🦎
Denise goes off for a trip to Walgreens n Starbucks as I get the sun beds and guard them .as after 0930 it’s a free for all .
She’s been gone that long I think she’s been kidnapped by a Vegas granny sex ring then I remember her favourite Vegas thing after me of course ? Is slots
She’s reappears with coffee and granola and ibuprofen as my hip sockets a bit tender .
I went to the D she says saw a slot turned $25 into 25 cents left in on the machine - her idea of donating to the homeless Got 4 yards further saw another slot she liked so returned and snatched her voucher from a starving hobos hand ,not really he hadn’t found it yet .
Put $20.25. In cashed out $170
Heads off to Walgreens turns a request from a tramp for change down
Gets in the walgreen q a black guy in front of her opens his Afro comb purchase n starts raking his hair
There’s an old black lady hobo at the till buying some food items ,the black guy shouts I’ll buy them I’ll buy them and promptly did so
So Denise felt guilty about turning the tramp down
In Starbucks back at the nugget she’s in the queue and spies the tramp about to get his coffee / whatever so she was about to shout I’ll get that I’ll get that when the tramp lookalike pulls out a credit card and a regular customer card and she realises the tramp has a wealthy lookalike clone who can afford to drink n eat in Starbucks ,which is almost more than we can do soon lol 😂
So she kept quiet
Pool day today
Opium the ‘ new’ show at the Cosmo by the director of absinthe is our plans tonight
Followed by dinner at batistas hole in the wall Italian restaurant like school diners only with wine venue

If up early in the morning a trip to Walmart for dog poo bags ,underpants for me ,fruit for the room ,styrofoam cool box ,fizzy pop n water n bungees n a couple of other luxury items unavailable in the uk ,
Followed by attempts to blag our way into binions pool on the 25 th floor
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2019, 07:35:05 AM »

Really enjoying the updates. Thanks :-)
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2019, 08:36:39 AM »

Opium v v good very ‘ alternative ‘
Can’t say too much to give it away but worth seeing
Dinner in batistas
Italian school dinners with wine enjoyable though $60 inc tip
200 to 650 cashed out 500 at roulette - 2 lots of bets all missed so I stopped whilst up .
Rebuilding slowly
Super seniors at the Rio Monday
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2019, 10:22:43 AM »

Proper updates these Tony
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2019, 01:46:57 PM »

Bullet point blogging. Top banana!

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy