blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:58:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2019 Updates
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2019 Updates  (Read 48877 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 04, 2019, 10:18:28 PM »

Only in America (part 957).

TV coverage tonight is only from 2am to 4am, then they switch to covering the Hot Dog Eating Contest.

GL Joey Chesnut!!

Smashed it.

71 HDBs.

12 titles now for the Chestnut.

He should be massive by now.

In the days i used to do Wsop he was doing it then. Me and the now wife would sit on the bed watching in amazement and it's gotta be ten years since we were there this time of year.

Good lad.

Have a guess what the record is for eating a 72oz steak.

Got a figure? Now google it.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 05, 2019, 08:34:47 AM »

Just FYI

https://twitter.com/rob_yong_/status/1146905662322106371

Rob offering $10k of WSOP buy ins next year to whoever guesses main entries closest

closes around 11pm tonight

only condition is you follow his new account and RT

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 05, 2019, 11:03:18 AM »

There were 1,915 entries recorded today, bringing the total number to 3,250 through the opening two flights.

1915 is lower than last year (2378)

1d last year had 4571

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 05, 2019, 11:05:31 AM »

a longer term look

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 05, 2019, 01:14:24 PM »

The combination of a day off and some early finishes to tournaments has meant a bonus early update. The WSOP haven't yet published full chip counts from the Main so there will be an extra post about that later.

Event 70 - $5K NLH 6-max, Day 4 of 4, 751 entries so far

It's the first bracelet for Joao Vieira (together with $785K) and a fourth ever Portuguese bracelet.

Holding the chip lead at the end of both Day 2 & Day 3, he lost the lead at points in the day but as the field of 6 got thinned out, he was back at the top and managed to convert that chip lead in to the win.

2009 ME winner (and 4-time bracelet holder) Joe Cada had a small lead as heads-up play commenced, but and up-and-down straight draw got there on the river for Vieira on the fourth hand saw lots of chips change hands and five hands later it was all over when Vieira picked up AK and Cada AQ and the board ran out Jack high.

Jamie O'Connor was the only British player left, managing third place and his best ever live cash (nearly $318K) but he was another victim of Vieria, who this time only needed to get as far as the turn card to come from behind.

Event 71 - $500 Salute to Warriors NLH, Day 2 of 3, 1723 entries

No action on Thursday, it was a "rest day". They resume on Friday.

Event 72 - $10K Limit Hold'em Championship, Day 2 of 3, 118 entries

"Suomi, Suomi" chanted the rail as Juha Helppi won an extended heads-up match with Mike Lancaster to take his first ever bracelet (and the small matter of $306K).

Over four hours earlier, Tommy Hang was busted when both him and Helppi made a flush, Hang's the 10-high flush but unfortunately for him, Helppi had the nut flush.

Josh Arieh finished 6th, John Racener 11th and Eli Elezra 12th. Elezra has been showing all month with a USA flag against his name to reflect his residence I guess but now has the Israeli flag to properly represent his nationality.

Event 73 - $10K MAIN EVENT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP NLH, Day 1B of 10, 3250 entries so far

1915 entries on Day 1B so that makes the total with 1C and late reg (to the start of Day 2 for the first time) still to come.

A full report to come but early indications are that we have a British leader - Adam Owen.

Five former winners played 1B and all made it through - Chris Ferguson, Joe Hachem, Greg Merson, Greg Raymer and Ryan Riess. Hachem's son Daniel also progressed, with more than double the chips of his more famous father.

Looks like the TV coverage tonight is from 1:00am to 5:30, no Hot Dog Eating Contest to get in the way tonight though I see this is getting a repeat during the day but the poker isn't. Priorities BT Sport/ESPN, priorities!

To start today
None, but it is Day 1C of the main event and the Salute to Warriors resumes.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 05, 2019, 05:30:03 PM »

Only in America (part 957).

TV coverage tonight is only from 2am to 4am, then they switch to covering the Hot Dog Eating Contest.

GL Joey Chesnut!!

Smashed it.

71 HDBs.

12 titles now for the Chestnut.

He should be massive by now.

In the days i used to do Wsop he was doing it then. Me and the now wife would sit on the bed watching in amazement and it's gotta be ten years since we were there this time of year.

Good lad.

Have a guess what the record is for eating a 72oz steak.

Got a figure? Now google it.

I wish I hadn’t done that.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 05, 2019, 05:31:58 PM »

Utterly bewildering, isn't it?

What's worse, there's a video of it. I'm not posting it here. YouTube is the friend of those who are stern of stomach.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 05, 2019, 07:49:02 PM »

I've now had time to look over the full list of those who've made it through from Day 1B

Event 73 - $10K MAIN EVENT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP NLH, Day 1B of 10, 3250 entries so far

I mentioned before that Adam Owen was the Day 1B chip leader, in fact it's a British 1-2 as Gary Blackwood has bagged the second biggest stack.

Several other GB players with very healthy stacks - Carsten Hansen lies 11th, Thomas Drinkwater is 16th, Yudhishter Jaswal lies 34th and Jan Eric Schiwppert is 39th.

Furthern down, some GB names I've picked out include David Maudlin, Ben Dobson, Joel Isla, Harry Lodge, Alex Goulder, Nicholas Marchington, Conor Beresford, Leo Worthington-Leese, Sam Razavi, Roberto Romanello, Fraser McIntyre and John Duthie and there's plenty of others among the 1416 qualifiers.

From outside the UK, the winner of Event 44, Ash Moshe sits in third spot with Allen Kessler just two spots further back. Barry Hutter, fresh from his FT earlier on today bags more than three times his starting stack while final tablemate Olivier Busquet is also just over that mark.

Former Main Event FT'er John Hesp won't be repeating that feat, as the colourfully attired player from Bridlington was eliminated, as were recent bracelet winner Anthony Zinno, both the Ott twins, Mike Sexton, Pierre Neuville, Ben Dobson and Sam Grafton.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 05, 2019, 09:30:58 PM »

I think you might have missed one Charidimos Demetriou who finished day 1a with 252,000

I believe this is none other than one time near Blondepoker investor Harry.

GL to him if it is!

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 05, 2019, 09:43:26 PM »

I think you might have missed one Charidimos Demetriou who finished day 1a with 252,000

I believe this is none other than one time near Blondepoker investor Harry.

GL to him if it is!

Be amazing if it was. Not seen or heard of him for a good few years.

Using the name Charidimos Demetriou there's no recent activity on THM, though that could mean anything due to GDPR;

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=240458

If we use the name most of us know him by though, there's some recent activity, including in Australia, which would make sense;

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=463

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 05, 2019, 10:30:38 PM »

Confirmed it is definitely Harry.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 05, 2019, 10:36:11 PM »

https://www.pokernews.com/tours/wsop/2019-wsop/main-event/chips.293864.htm

Player disqualified Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 05, 2019, 10:45:51 PM »

Confirmed it is definitely Harry.

Excellent news.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 05, 2019, 11:01:24 PM »

https://twitter.com/sdaviespoker/status/1147254092755943429

some strange goings on at the Main Event

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 05, 2019, 11:04:04 PM »

Seems harsh.