blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:34:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  WSOP - The Closer (potential money bonfire)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP - The Closer (potential money bonfire)  (Read 17505 times)
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2019, 01:08:13 PM »

Dear Blonde,

I am exiting my staking hiatus to offer a proposal to the fine people of blonde.

Proposal

I am going to play The Closer (event 85 of the WSOP).  This is a $1500 comp with 25k chips and 30 minute levels.  So it plays like most of the tournaments I frequent.  Last year Jo Cada won it and the top prize was $600k+

Due to excessive spending I am looking to sell a bit, initially 20% but will take reserves for a further 10% (I noticed my wife on Boohoo last night) at spot.

Therefore -

5% equals - 75$
2.5% equals - 37.50$
1% equals - 18.75$

The dollar price will be based on the rate I get when I convert my money at the end of the month.  I will send a receipt of the rate achieved.  I will work to get the best rate I can do without going to timbuktu on a pedal boat - you have my word.  I will need payment by bank before the event (note my bank details have changed - unless you have the RBS ones).  I could do cash in Vegas and am staying mid strip, I will not be in the Rio until the morning of the event.

I would like to limit pieces at 5% initially as I like a team feel.  If it doesn't sell I will become infinitely less picky.

I keep the bracelet - I will pay out a percentage on winnings and will sort the ITIN etc.  Payouts will be on the rate I achieve when converting.  I will be aiming to swap at spot and will not get us fleeced by those jesters at Thomas Cook.

I am playing regardless of what sells.

About me

I have been staked on here a lot, and I have also staked others.  I have ran both longer term online stakes (one went well, one didn't) and single events.  I even paid out once.

I have a fairly demanding job so I only play about 6-7 tournaments each year primarily at 25/25 style level.  Hendon mob below:

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=178987

Not a bad return from that output.  With 4 reasonable final tables in the last few years including 2 in December.  I have only played two tournaments since then (that went well).

Positves

I arrive in Vegas on the 12th.  All the regs are going to be withered and this will be my WSOP so I will be super excited and annoying and they will simply give me all their chips to get rid of me.  In addition I will be play Day C which happens to be my birthday.  So I will be subject to birthday luck, which has to be huge.  Also, my mother in law is coming on the trip and this is my "day off" from her.  I will be clinging on to this competition for dear life for as long as I possibly can.  I may even just fold into the money.

Downsides

I am not going to be drinking wheat grass, doing yoga, or speaking to my mental coach about my feelings.  I am also about 5 stone heavier and a lot more haggard than my hendon mob photo would attest to (think Nicholas Cage 1 hour into Leaving Las Vegas).  I do Vegas the way god intended, and thus am most likely going to be hungover, and I will drink continuously throughout the day or two.  This is secretly an upside as I play better drunk (apart from that one time I passed out).  If I cannot lift my spoon to eat breakfast I will not play (that has only happened once) and you will be refunded without any FX loss. I am going to have a grand of my own money on the line, so I too will be running this gauntlet.  However, best to be transparent in case I vomit on a stakers shoe whilst discussing my thought process in busting with 4 high on a broadway board.

Summary

I am in search of like minded punters who want to fling a couple of scores at mega money.
engy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 01:30:29 PM »

2.5 % please
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 02:03:17 PM »

2.5% and bank details please.
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 02:10:07 PM »

5 please pal
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 02:57:51 PM »

All booked, thanks team
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 05:37:22 PM »

2.5% please.

bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 08:52:54 PM »

2.5% pls
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 09:00:22 PM »

2.5 please

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 11:06:24 PM »

2.5% pls Chris, if still available
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 12:17:59 AM »

All booked guys - thanks for the faith. I will sell out here but may accommodate some karma sweats from previous investors

Pm will follow over the weekend
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 09:36:27 AM »

Pm sent. Let me know if you don’t get it
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2019, 02:14:45 PM »

Sent mate.

Hope you manage to swerve the MiL for at least a couple days Grin

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2019, 11:05:44 PM »

Sent £30 Chris, gl my friend and enjoy!
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 01:53:42 PM »

Sent £30 Chris, gl my friend and enjoy!

Cheers Kev
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2019, 09:23:42 AM »

We chopped the Grosvenor deepstack last night for 5 bags, so morale is high. Also that means we are def sold out now!!

This does raise the spectre of a second bullet (punters gonna punt).  I will only do it we have an early non tilting bust. I won’t take money for it now, will sort after if needed.  If your not in for it just confirm and your action will be on bullet 1.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: