blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:59:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Sheffield United
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United  (Read 15152 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2021, 03:54:20 PM »

Looks like you need a new Manager Tom. Who do you fancy for the job?

Klopp? Pep? Hodgson? Big Sam?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55254730

The new owner has International football people working with him Tony so I fancy it might be a decent European guy next. European mangers are more comfortable working in the football GM deals with recruitment and manger managers  the team set up he wants too. I just hope it’s not a retread of some multiple failure guys like a Mark Hughes type.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2021, 04:42:06 PM »

That was one mistake Pulis never made at Stoke until he had enough credit in the bag.  Fuller got a proper run up front for the first two seasons in the EPL after getting them up before Pulis started splashing the cash on Crouchie et al.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2021, 06:05:33 PM »

Is Big Ron still alive?

If so I reckon he'll have one last hurrah left.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2021, 09:52:17 AM »

Fair comment that Mr Q.

Cheers Tom, I’m still trying explain to my 11 year old daughter why Ollie McBurnie is about 6 foot 4 stood tall and about 6 foot 2 when he jumps to head the ball. 18 mill there, 23 for Brewster. 10 for Mousset who I’m told has IBS and don’t think has ever played a full 90 minutes in the two seasons he’s been with us. Ollie Burke is a sprinter in football boots we swapped Callum Robinson for who we paid 8 million for. Tho I think we got 2 million back.

When you’ve spent that much money and the 2 best strikers we have are the two that got us out of the Championship 2 years ago, Mcgoldrick and Sharp then you’ve done something very wrong with 60 million quid haven’t you.

That seems to sum it up nicely.

Wilder worked wonders with the likes of O’Connell, Fleck, Basham, Stevens, McGoldrick etc getting performances in a system that was very successful.

His big money signings have been awful other than Berge who before injury was looking like a class act.

I can see United selling Berge and either Egan or O’Connell for decent money which with parachute payments should comfortably balance the books for 2-3 years.

Hard to see another manager getting the same tune out of the current squad.

As a Wednesday fan, I hope it’s 2-3 year treading water in Championship until the money dries up from EPL. Hopefully more of a Stoke than a Norwich :-)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2021, 01:49:25 PM »

Ey up!

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2021, 06:37:51 PM »

We scored 2 and they scored 1

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2021, 06:42:47 PM »

We scored 2 and they scored 1

You run Joe Hart's Twitter in your spare time? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2021, 02:24:33 PM »

So what's the inside line on this Tom &/or Phil?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/12277994/sheffield-united-chairman-prince-musaad-bin-khalid-al-saud-steps-down

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2021, 01:52:58 PM »

I’m not really sure Tony tbh.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2021, 02:00:31 PM »

I agree.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2021, 02:16:30 PM »

Not sure I've ever seen or heard Tom say "I agree" before.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2021, 02:32:45 PM »

You don't give me many opportunities.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2021, 10:47:51 AM »

This is like one of those shit Facebook questions that only people with an IQ of over 130 can get right.  So who has been arrested?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57068729

A 24-year-old man has been arrested after a video emerged on social media appearing to show Sheffield United striker Oli McBurnie in an altercation with some young men.

In the video, a man is seen stamping on the phone he is being filmed on, before fighting with another man.

North Yorkshire Police said that "a 24-year-old man" had been "arrested in connection with an incident which involved another man being assaulted".

He remains in custody

The police statement added: "The 21-year-old victim sustained facial injuries during the incident, which happened shortly before 8.30pm on Saturday, 8 May on High Street in Knaresborough."

Sheffield United had said on Monday that they were "aware" of the video and were "investigating".

Scotland international McBurnie, 24, is part of the Blades squad whose relegation from the Premier League was confirmed on 17 April

He was ruled out for the campaign after fracturing his foot on 11 April during United's 3-0 defeat by Arsenal.

I like the 24 year old man and keep hoping there is some good reason for the video I saw yesterday.  It doesn't look good for the 24 year old man.  FWIW Quite pleased I got Knaresborough correct when I saw the video.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2021, 10:54:37 AM »

Ha. Can't name him for legal reasons, but here's a few clues.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2021, 12:58:19 PM »

Doesn’t look great for him from the video doing the rounds.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: