blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:15:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Geeky OCD phone stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Geeky OCD phone stuff.  (Read 6756 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2019, 12:25:17 PM »

Wow. Spades everywhere. So annoying Cheesy

Not any more, I edited them out.

Note what Fusspot Tom said earlier, click "Additional Options" then "Don't use smileys". 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2019, 12:26:25 PM »

I'm returning the S7 'Active' and buying the common or garden S7.

So are you saying go for the refurbished on Music Magpie rather than the new on eBay?

BTW- If you click Additional Options - Don't use smileys you won't get playing cards littering your posts.

I don't know the answer to the first question.  My choice would be to go for a cheap phone from a reputable dealer, but we covered that earlier, and maybe I am too cautious when buying expensive stuff.

I know the latter about smileys already, it is just that I don't do it often enough for it to stick in my mind.  And as long as we have OCD Tikay to tidy up after us...  Hi Tikay and thanks, Evilpie needs your help.

Posts crossed. And yes, I'm a bit OCD about them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2019, 12:26:36 PM »

So are you saying go for the refurbished on Music Magpie rather than the new on eBay?

BTW- If you click Additional Options - Don't use smileys you won't get playing cards littering your posts.

From what I understand a lot of the low cost phones are Chinese imports. I noticed the Ebay one stated that it came with English firmware, no reason to state that if it was English in the first place.

Really can't see an issue with it but personally I'd avoid them because I'm funny like that.

Wish I'd read your smileys tip earlier..... Such a difficult range of phones to discuss on Blonde.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 12:27:22 PM by tikay » Logged

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2019, 12:28:13 PM »

Note what Fusspot Tom said earlier, click "Additional Options" then "Don't use smileys". 

Whilst I appreciate your amendments I don't appreciate the fact that I now appear to be a massive racist.

Thanks.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2019, 12:31:38 PM »

Whilst I appreciate your amendments I don't appreciate the fact that I now appear to be a massive racist.

Thanks.

Cheesy

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2019, 12:32:23 PM »

That's right Matt. I was going for the S9 until I found out that everything later than the S7 has the curved screen.

My Daughter has the S7 and it's the same size as my current S5 so that will be great.

£350 for a new one though. Almost £200 more than the new ones on eBay.

The spec look the same on the eBay ones and paypal gives excellent buyer protection.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2019, 12:34:21 PM »

From what I understand a lot of the low cost phones are Chinese imports. I noticed the Ebay one stated that it came with English firmware, no reason to state that if it was English in the first place.

Really can't see an issue with it but personally I'd avoid them because I'm funny like that.

Wish I'd read your smileys tip earlier..... Such a difficult range of phones to discuss on Blonde.

Aren't they all originally Chinese imports Matt? Even the English ones?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2019, 12:36:41 PM »

Oi!! What did you edit in this?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 12:39:47 PM by tikay » Logged

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2019, 12:37:49 PM »

Very good point. Imports originally intended for the Chinese market then.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 12:39:58 PM by tikay » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2019, 12:44:14 PM »

Very good point. Imports originally intended for the Chinese market then.

Hmm... I wonder what, if any difference there is after the UK firmware update?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 12:45:23 PM by tikay » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2019, 12:47:35 PM »

The annoying thing is, if the new ones were in the shops for £350 and there was no alternative I would buy one without a second thought, It's not a hefty price to pay for a phone, but because there are alternatives a can't do it without investigating.

The other confusing thing is that refurbished ones are always more expensive that the new eBay ones, and used ones on the shops are dearer still.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2019, 12:49:29 PM »

A note for Tony.

The S7 is very similar to our phone but with twice the memory.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2019, 12:55:41 PM »

A note for Tony.

Yeah, I'm really struggling for memory. And so is my 'phone.

I've got that "You're dangerously low on space" notification again.

I want to add the "Slack" App, but I'm scared it will have too many MB things, & tip the whole thing over the edge. I need the phone to work to be able to log in to my Laptop. No working phone means I can't get on my Laptop.

Mike Postle never has this problem.  

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2019, 12:59:15 PM »

A note for Tony.

Yeah, I'm really struggling for memory. And so is my 'phone.

I've got that "You're dangerously low on space" notification again.

I want to add the "Slack" App, but I'm scared it will have too many MB things, & tip the whole thing over the edge. I need the phone to work to be able to log in to my Laptop. No working phone means I can't get on my Laptop.

Mike Postle never has this problem.  

A temporary solution might be to install an SD card and move all your photos to that or to download them to your laptop and then delete them from your phone.

Off to see what Slack App is.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 01:29:35 PM by tikay » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2019, 01:00:36 PM »

BTW- I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on the 'Pristine' Music Magpie S7

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »