blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:31:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Let the Farce begin RSQ
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let the Farce begin RSQ  (Read 8156 times)
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2020, 10:19:05 PM »

Five of a kind seems like a bit of an angle to me.

This was good fun, would play again.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2020, 10:20:53 PM »

for question 10 which in this reveal is question 9 if you get where i am coming from i  was using

https://www.cardplayer.com/rules-of-poker/hand-rankings

the basic holdem hand rankings

if you said a pair of 4's then i would put that as 1 pair etc

the answer that threw me was 5 of a kind

my question wasnt about holdem or straight up poker whose says there might be wild cards in there so i have accepted the answer 5 of a kind after much debating in my own head

You're having a mare. Why state ace high in question if not accepting pair of ?

pair of 4's was accepted it as 1 pair

It should be accepted as a pair of , since you used ace high rather than high card.

nice try there was a maximum of 10 correct answer for each question if that question had more correct answers than people in the quiz then it would of been a farce

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2020, 10:21:57 PM »

yeah i thought it was a bit of an angle shoot myself and didnt make my mind up till 8.45 which way to go

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2020, 11:08:37 PM »

for question 10 which in this reveal is question 9 if you get where i am coming from i  was using

https://www.cardplayer.com/rules-of-poker/hand-rankings

the basic holdem hand rankings

if you said a pair of 4's then i would put that as 1 pair etc

the answer that threw me was 5 of a kind

my question wasnt about holdem or straight up poker whose says there might be wild cards in there so i have accepted the answer 5 of a kind after much debating in my own head

You're having a mare. Why state ace high in question if not accepting pair of ?

pair of 4's was accepted it as 1 pair

It should be accepted as a pair of , since you used ace high rather than high card.

nice try there was a maximum of 10 correct answer for each question if that question had more correct answers than people in the quiz then it would of been a farce

Just adjust my score please (and Tighty's), no where states that there is a maximum of 10 correct answers per question.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2020, 11:16:51 PM »

if the will of the people is to see tighty award an incorrect answer then i am happy to add his points on and take away a point from ledder

but pair of 4's is 1 pair and i STAND by my original decision

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2020, 11:21:14 PM »

My first RSQ. Midtable seems ok. Thanks Iron.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2020, 11:44:35 PM »

Good job mate, very efficient tbf
Congrats guys and cheers for running Iron.

Which one of you is doing the next one?
Well done Iron.

My first RSQ. Midtable seems ok. Thanks Iron.

Thanks guys hopefully the speed of my reveal didn't put off any of the player

Looking forward to superwomble and the wycther rsq and some more farces soon

And keep complaining if you think I made mistake I am listening honest (I have bugger all else to do at moment)

bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2020, 12:11:52 AM »

To be honest, I was so tempted to go with something like 2-7 as the poker hand, as that would beat ace high in a game of 2-7 lowball.  Question didn't state what form of poker was being played. But i knew i wouldn't be around for the reveal to kick up a farce!

Was great fun though, thanks for running iron!
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2020, 12:55:49 AM »

Mintrav

5) Cane Corso       = the most popular dog in Bosnia, Bulgaria, Ecuador, Georgia, Curacao, Romania, Serbia and Slovakia     www.finder.com/most-popular-dog-breeds.

yeah right thats points for an incorrect answer and 10 point penalty BECAUSE I CAN

What?

How is it incorrect?

5) The Top 10 Most Popular Dog Breeds For 2019

I keep looking at that question and I still can't see where it says "in the UK".

The Cane Corso is not only in the top ten, but is the Number 1 most popular breed is several countries.

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2020, 07:43:17 AM »

Mintrav

5) Cane Corso       = the most popular dog in Bosnia, Bulgaria, Ecuador, Georgia, Curacao, Romania, Serbia and Slovakia     www.finder.com/most-popular-dog-breeds.

yeah right thats points for an incorrect answer and 10 point penalty BECAUSE I CAN

What?

How is it incorrect?

I keep looking at that question and I still can't see where it says "in the UK".

The Cane Corso is not only in the top ten, but is the Number 1 most popular breed is several countries.

Hmm I thought it was in the UK but you're right. The question doesn't state that...

Blue text
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2020, 09:18:57 AM »

Well this is a surprise! Well done wycher, and thanks to Ironside for running this. Wasn't expecting to win so no idea when I'll get round to doing one myself...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 09:29:26 AM by superwomble » Logged

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2020, 10:49:59 AM »

Mintrav

What?

How is it incorrect?

If you show me a search engine where entering the question as asked comes back with the answer you gave I might think about it.
But you knew you was trying to pull a fast one otherwise you wouldn't have put in the defence in before I marked it

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2020, 11:49:36 AM »

To be honest, I was so tempted to go with something like 2-7 as the poker hand, as that would beat ace high in a game of 2-7 lowball.  Question didn't state what form of poker was being played. But i knew i wouldn't be around for the reveal to kick up a farce!

Was great fun though, thanks for running iron!

Thank you
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2020, 11:50:28 AM »

Mintrav

What?

How is it incorrect?

Agree. Great farcing Iron, you've done well.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2020, 11:53:01 AM »

Mintrav

What?

How is it incorrect?

If you show me a search engine where entering the question as asked comes back with the answer you gave I might think about it.
But you knew you was trying to pull a fast one otherwise you wouldn't have put in the defence in before I marked it

Ironsiiiiiiiide, why does he need to show you a search engine? Any sort of web link and he's right. Great farcing, you've kept the tradition alive.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: