blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:05:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272580 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Guess the number #7
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guess the number #7  (Read 6694 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2020, 09:01:35 PM »

Tighty mentioned a picture quiz later in the week so here's another number quiz to tide us over. I think Ironside is doing a farcical reveal on Tuesday for the born again RSQ and so I'll keep this open until Wednesday  and make my own effort at a reveal on Wednesday early evening, it can't be that hard can it ?

1. Alan Hansen, played for Scotland and won many medals with Liverpool in his career - add the sum of his winners medals for Liverpool in the League, FA Cup, League Cup and European Cup to his number of Scotland Caps for the full international side.

2. Derek Jeter's final MLB season for the New York Yankees was 2014 - how many RBIs (Runs batted in) did he achieve in his final season ?

3. Damon Hill was a successful F1 driver in the 90s. How many Grand Prix wins did he notch up ?

4. Bob Nudd won the last of his 4 World Freshwater Anglian Championships in 1999 in Toledo, Spain. What was the weight of his catch (answer in lbs)

5. Roger Federer has the longest men's winning streak on a Grass court - how many matches was he undefeated for ?

6. Spiridon Louis, innit, won the Men's Olympic Marathon held in Athens in 1896. Stopping to down a glass of wine half way through the race, what was his winning time in minutes ?

7. Middleweight Boxer Sugar Ray Robinson had a winning streak that lasted from 1943-1951 - how many bouts did he go undefeated ?

8. In June 2010 Super James Dempsey won the Bracelet for the $1500 entry Pot Limit Holdem at the WSOP - how much did he win (answer in $000's please).

9. My chums and I often muse that a Polo Handicap is one's ticket to the world - add the length and width of a polo field together and give me the answer in Yards please

10. Peter Sagan has won the points classification of the Tour De France in 7 of the last 8 Tours, what was his points total for his latest win in 2019 ?

All the best and good luck

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 11:59:50 PM »

In for a little more masochism.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 12:19:57 AM »

3 brave souls so far but we've got a few days - hopefully people will get it done while they're pretending to work tomorrow and Tuesday

sola virtus nobilitat
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 01:07:44 AM »

Nice one Nirvana, will send over tomorrow.
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 12:49:31 PM »

Wow, I actually think I know three of these. Obviously Bobby Nudd's is a shoe in, good old Nuddy.

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 01:18:51 PM »

Wow, I actually think I know three of these. Obviously Bobby Nudd's is a shoe in, good old Nuddy.
p
Saying that, Isn't this the guy who won the Sports Personality of the year because of a phone scandal and they declared it null and void? Or more to the point the BBC declared his votes null and void? Or am I thinking of something totally different?

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 01:29:09 PM »

p
Saying that, Isn't this the guy who won the Sports Personality of the year because of a phone scandal and they declared it null and void? Or more to the point the BBC declared his votes null and void? Or am I thinking of something totally different?

Yes, that was him. Angling Times campaigned for him, BBC got upset.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 06:16:45 PM »

p

Yes, that was him. Angling Times campaigned for him, BBC got upset.

Correct, I know a lot about the Nudd now. Quite interesting spending time reading about random people that I'd only vaguely heard of in some cases.

2 days to the reveal, we've got 9 in so far - potential Scotty's HoF points to be earned too !

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 06:37:00 PM »

About 24 hours to go, numbers are still low so would be nice to see a few more entrants before tomorrow evening. Will close it off about 6pm and do the answers about 7.30pm ish.

Cheers

sola virtus nobilitat
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2020, 09:03:34 PM »

i will send my guestimates tomorrow

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 10:29:50 AM »

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 12:31:06 PM »

In, complete guess work by me in all of these, hoping to not be last lol
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 01:17:51 PM »

It's looking like an elite field with a couple more in today. Still 5 hours to get entries in. The more the merrier

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 07:35:45 PM »

If it's just me and Iron I quite fancy my chances of a podium finish.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2020, 07:38:26 PM »

Here we are then, glass of red, scores notionally ready. No pictures to enliven things like the cracking job done by Bergeroo but hopefully some interesting info along the way.

So, let's crack on

Question 1.  Alan Hansen, played for Scotland and won many medals with Liverpool in his career - add the sum of his winners medals for Liverpool in the League, FA Cup, League Cup and European Cup to his number of Scotland Caps for the full international side.  

In his Liverpool career he won 17 medals. He didn't actually play in the 81-82 League cup final but he played in every round, so while people often slur this giant with claims he won 16, he has 17 medals including an incredible 8 league wins.

For such a gifted player it seems farcical but he only won 26 full Scotland caps.

Answer is 43 and here's how we guessed:

Karabiner…   69
Arbboy……           49
Juperjiper…..   89
Rubbish2407   44
Pokerpops…   92
KarmaDope   50
TightEnd……   75
Dacorb……..   88
celtic……           77
bergeroo…..   100
scotty2hatty   98