blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:57:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Independence day?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Independence day?  (Read 3223 times)
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2020, 12:29:20 PM »

Guess it comes down to how many twats descend on the place without booking......

Mate of mine is a manager of a pub in Portsmouth, first day back proper from furlough was yesterday....he had someone from the nearby hospital ring up & try to book a space for 40 doctors/nurses!
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2020, 12:56:10 PM »

I'm waiting to see how much of a ball ache going for a pint is going to be before I venture out, especially on the Saturday. I've now been sober for 12 weeks (don't like drinking at home) and I'm busting to go for a pint, however I'm happy to wait till restrictions are lifted more before supping.

Cymru am byth
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2020, 01:13:33 PM »

Plus, I cut my own hair and I don't drink.

We're so similar, well on this anyway :-) Cut my own hair for 30 years plus and reckon I've averaged about a pint a week since lockdown began. Visiting a pub or restaurant in the next few months doesn't look like an experience I would enjoy so almost certainly keep my powder dry.

Shifted a holiday to Cornwall from June to September - hopefully it might be a little more enjoyable by then but a bit concerned the whole thing will be a crap experience and may not bother in the end.

sola virtus nobilitat
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2020, 01:27:53 PM »

It will all kick off .

Once the drinking gets underway the rules will be totally undermined and arguments / fights will start.

Hope there is a lot of police presence but even then come the evening it’s going to be bedlam IMHO.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2020, 01:31:25 PM »

It will all kick off .

Once the drinking gets underway the rules will be totally undermined and arguments / fights will start.

Hope there is a lot of police presence but even then come the evening it’s going to be bedlam IMHO.
Ive said all along that drunk people don't care for protocols etc(a lot of sober people too). Either open up the pubs properly or don't both if you're serious about preventing the spread of a virus.

Cymru am byth
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2020, 02:33:17 PM »

Most big spoons pubs during the day mid week are so big they wouldn't need to adjust anything to social distance relative to their afternoon footfall.  I will give it a spin next midweek in the afternoon.   Won't be sampling this weekend.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2020, 10:56:13 PM »

FFS my 26 anniversary on thursday, i am going to get pissed by myself pubs up here dont open till the 15th but even if they were open i wouldn't be going anywhere near them

and it looks like my vegas trip that was planned for 2010 and got postponed till this summer will have to wait till 2030

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: