blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:05:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Potential Introduction of Deposit Limits
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Potential Introduction of Deposit Limits  (Read 10889 times)
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2021, 09:27:11 PM »

There is a new law coming that will make trespass a criminal offence, it is designed specifically to target Gypsies and Travellers.

Most people will think it's a great idea... Until they get on the wrong side of it.

A lot of talk about this on most walking/wild camping forums with the threat that landowners will use this to prevent walking/camping on their land.  Luckily in Scotland we have right to roam with basic rules for walkers/campers which works with few problems.

Geo

Wild camping also allowed in Scotland if I'm not mistaken Geo?

Yes Tom and most landowners are fine as long as you stick to a basic set of rules:

Camp in small numbers.
Stay in one place for a maximum of three nights only.
Do not camp in enclosed fields of livestock or crops.
Camp away from buildings, roads and historic structures.
Take your litter with you.
Use a stove rather than a fire where possible.
Check advice on fire risk conditions.
Keep fires small, controlled and supervised.
Bury human waste and urinate 30 metres away from open water.
Remove all traces of your tent pitch – including any camp fire debris.

Local council in parts of Loch Lomond and The Trossachs have banned camping in a couple of areas where there have been problems with litter, cutting down trees and other unsociable acts. Caused unfortunately by the day-tripper types as opposed to regular wild campers.

I still spend a couple of days camping a few times a year, obviously lockdown has hindered this. It was my 60th in January and I usually like to get away for that week as I’m not one for all the fuss of birthdays and had planned to go across to Arran for a few days camping with the dog but unfortunately couldn’t. Hopefully get out there in April.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2021, 09:46:47 PM »

It's always the few that spoil it for the many Geo.

Mind you, I would have trouble urinating 30 metres from a waterway, I can't even manage 2 metres up a wall these days.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2021, 11:46:04 PM »

In my defence: it was Tom's straight-faced reply as though the comment were literal which set me off.

Typical Tom, always starting something

Probably my fault.  I realised when I wrote it that a lot of people aren't on my wavelength where dark humour is invlolved, hence I added the smiley after.  I think Marky would probably get it as many Covid conspiracy threads on twitter seem to inevitably lead to someone blaming the Rothschilds or Soros for the "bad" thing that has happened.  Luckily for them, "evil" Bill Gates takes much of the flack these days.

There aren't even actual "bad" things, just the things that they consider "bad" such as people giving up chunks of their wealth to help develop a vaccine that could save many millions annually. 

Anyway just to be clear, the Rothschilds and Soros aren't to blame and if I put a smiley in this post ot would only be after the first two paragraphs. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2021, 08:27:34 AM »

OK. I've solved it.

Only 10% of the money you wager actually counts as a bet. So if you want to bet £10 you have to put £100 on and then you get £90 back.

Brilliant eh?

Next case..

The older I get, the better I was.
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2021, 10:53:50 AM »

Big of a different topic but my Partypoker account got locked today.

In order to unlock the account they want ID (clearly visible), secret word, and for me to hold this in front of my face then take a picture.

Is this really the only way to check an ID is valid by comparing the photo with a selfie?

Pretty surprised to have to send in a picture of myself.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2021, 12:23:33 PM »

Big of a different topic but my Partypoker account got locked today.

In order to unlock the account they want ID (clearly visible), secret word, and for me to hold this in front of my face then take a picture.

Is this really the only way to check an ID is valid by comparing the photo with a selfie?

Pretty surprised to have to send in a picture of myself.

Definately not the only way

There is an app that you upload your ID too and then take a selfie (in app) that verifies your ID.

Used by a few finance companies.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
mikeymike2

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2021, 04:19:56 PM »

What happens to the Poker Stables - the majority of people that join a stable, I presume  join because they can not finance the stakes they play themselves. Which surely means that they are people that need protection - how is a horse going to receive the funds now to play - surely if they are transferred by the stable to the horse this could be construed by the Gambling Commission as inciting some to gamble who does not have the funds to gamble.

Also if the stable pay directly into the horses bank account and then the horse transfers to the site - how does the horse prove that this is legitimate earnings or income.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2021, 06:25:09 AM »

What happens to the Poker Stables - the majority of people that join a stable, I presume  join because they can not finance the stakes they play themselves. Which surely means that they are people that need protection - how is a horse going to receive the funds now to play - surely if they are transferred by the stable to the horse this could be construed by the Gambling Commission as inciting some to gamble who does not have the funds to gamble.

Also if the stable pay directly into the horses bank account and then the horse transfers to the site - how does the horse prove that this is legitimate earnings or income.

Way too many things wrong with this post to even attempt trying to answer it.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: