blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:42:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  European Super League
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: European Super League  (Read 9070 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2021, 11:00:37 PM »

Arsenal are out, too.

As a result of listening to you and the wider football community over recent days we are withdrawing from the proposed Super League.

We made a mistake, and we apologise for it.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1384626900056805379

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2021, 11:02:14 PM »

Here’s Manchester United’s statement:

Manchester United will not be participating in the European Super League.

We have listened carefully to the reaction from our fans, the UK government and other key stakeholders.

We remain committed to working with others across the football community to come up with sustainable solutions to the long-term challenges facing the game.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2021, 11:02:24 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56823501

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2021, 11:03:32 PM »

More from Arsenal;

The last few days have shown us yet again the depth of feeling our supporters around the world have for this great club and the game we love.

We needed no reminding of this but the response from supporters in recent days has given us time for further reflection and deep thought.

It was never our intention to cause such distress, however when the invitation to join the Super League came, while knowing there were no guarantees, we did not want to be left behind to ensure we protected Arsenal and its future.

As a result of listening to you and the wider football community over recent days we are withdrawing from the proposed Super League. We made a mistake, and we apologise for it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2021, 11:12:18 PM »

We just await Boris claiming credit for it now.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2021, 07:11:16 AM »

Woodward's resignation confirmed.

It was almost worth the angst to see this as the end result.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2021, 07:12:35 AM »

Kroenke hasn't uttered a dicky-bird about it yet.

It's the mushroom approach - keep 'em in the dark with plenty of manure*.

*Not you pops

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2021, 06:43:10 PM »

Could you imagine if betting companies had to answer to their 'fans' ie customers who lose and donate to them (which should happen in 99% of punters) in business why do 'fans' even have a say in how businesses that they have no ownership % at all think they have a say?   The whole thing has always amazed me but post covid the fans have even less say as owners have realised 'old school' fans who attend games don't really make much difference to the modern day business model.   It is all tv stream revenue.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2021, 07:15:10 PM »

I am totally bemused by "fan power" in football. If I owned a football club, no fan (or football pundit) is going to tell me how I spend my money.

And yet fans seem to think they have some God given right to dictate to the owners of the clubs they support. They don't.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2021, 08:02:14 PM »

Could you imagine if betting companies had to answer to their 'fans' ie customers who lose and donate to them (which should happen in 99% of punters) in business why do 'fans' even have a say in how businesses that they have no ownership % at all think they have a say?   The whole thing has always amazed me but post covid the fans have even less say as owners have realised 'old school' fans who attend games don't really make much difference to the modern day business model.   It is all tv stream revenue.

I guess it’s twofold.

If Paddy Power piss off a punter they can bet with other bookies. Fans don’t change clubs.

And I suppose it’s a community thing. Clubs make up part of the fabric of our communities and history, more than just a business.   No one gives a shit about a bookie.

Comparing apples and pears.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2021, 08:14:55 PM »

I am totally bemused by "fan power" in football. If I owned a football club, no fan (or football pundit) is going to tell me how I spend my money.

And yet fans seem to think they have some God given right to dictate to the owners of the clubs they support. They don't.

New coke
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2021, 09:32:33 PM »

I thought you would agree with me.   Why is Boris being asked to get involved in a load of businesses/football clubs to ensure the 'customers' get what they want?   Can we ask Boris to sort out 365, hills, skybet and lolbrokes if i am a 'fan' and don't like my account being closed?  totally strange.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2021, 09:34:23 PM »

Could you imagine if betting companies had to answer to their 'fans' ie customers who lose and donate to them (which should happen in 99% of punters) in business why do 'fans' even have a say in how businesses that they have no ownership % at all think they have a say?   The whole thing has always amazed me but post covid the fans have even less say as owners have realised 'old school' fans who attend games don't really make much difference to the modern day business model.   It is all tv stream revenue.

I guess it’s twofold.

If Paddy Power piss off a punter they can bet with other bookies. Fans don’t change clubs.

And I suppose it’s a community thing. Clubs make up part of the fabric of our communities and history, more than just a business.   No one gives a shit about a bookie.

Comparing apples and pears.

'fans' do change clubs and i would guess the majority of 'fans' who pay the bills via tv don't have a club they are just casual especially outside of the uk where the revenue is really coming from nowadays.  If it was all about UK 'lolloyalfan' revenue they would have been on £250k a week when i was a kid.   Its the casual non club fans who drive the marginal revenue globally not domestically.   Football like all major sports is a global business who don'tt need hardcore fans in the stadium.   They don't make them money these types as much as these hard core fans ego think they are important they really aren't in 2021.   Covid has shown the owners that the game can easily operate without the 10% hardcore fan whatever these deluded fans think EPL wise with tv money.   Outside of the EPL football is fucked without turnstile fans.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 09:52:53 PM by arbboy » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2021, 09:51:42 PM »

I thought you would agree with me.   Why is Boris being asked to get involved in a load of businesses/football clubs to ensure the 'customers' get what they want?   Can we ask Boris to sort out 365, hills, skybet and lolbrokes if i am a 'fan' and don't like my account being closed?  totally strange.

I'm not sure he was asked, he just decided to poker his nose in, presumably for reasons of vanity. Government should not meddle in football.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2021, 09:57:43 PM »

I thought you would agree with me.   Why is Boris being asked to get involved in a load of businesses/football clubs to ensure the 'customers' get what they want?   Can we ask Boris to sort out 365, hills, skybet and lolbrokes if i am a 'fan' and don't like my account being closed?  totally strange.

I'm not sure he was asked, he just decided to poker his nose in, presumably for reasons of vanity. Government should not meddle in football.

Football is a really small industry outside of the lol fans.   Flutter and its firms are worth £20bn.   Skybet, betfair paddy etc.   The biggest 6 football teams combined in the uk aren't worth anywhere close to flutter value wise   I think sometimes people forget even at the top top level football teams are still mickey mouse when it comes to businesses which is what they are nowadays. 365 on its own in Stoke are worth nearly as much as the english 'big six' market cap wise and they are privately owned in Stoke.  All the money goes to the players but the players  never take any shit in these times.   They just sit back quietly and hoover it all up;
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 10:06:10 PM by arbboy » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: