blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:26:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Breeders Cup Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breeders Cup Thread  (Read 8425 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2021, 12:18:52 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1456764532110635009

Brilliant jockey cam footage this

Weave me up!

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2021, 12:38:36 AM »

Let's hope that unfortunate stalls handler doesn't get lumbered with a massive medical bill as per usual in the USA

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2021, 12:40:54 AM »

Horrible incident surprised a couple of the others including the well-fancied Dakota Gold have not been withdrawn sure it got struck into
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2021, 12:45:43 AM »

Did they just say Modern Games will run but will not be in the betting?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2021, 12:46:48 AM »

Modern Games scratched and taken out of the market on the US Tote he is still running but not for betting purposes

Confused yep
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2021, 12:47:35 AM »

Did they just say Modern Games will run but will not be in the betting?

Still out over here as well when they jump, what a mess

This one is going to be a mess for the firms to sort out
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2021, 12:49:44 AM »

Lordy, the bookies CC staff are in for a trying night...

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2021, 12:49:57 AM »

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tiz the Bomb wins for coming 2nd
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2021, 12:51:43 AM »

Lordy, the bookies CC staff are in for a trying night...

All sorts of implications as win were markets everywhere for number of euro "winners" tonight for example
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2021, 12:54:30 AM »

Ha, was only half watching that and was massively confused as to why he was still running and why he was also shown as scratched.   Very impressive tho.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2021, 01:51:44 AM »

Just watched it back and that was impressive.

Great shout with yours, horsey.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2021, 08:41:03 AM »

I gather that Sky (& I guess most others) paid out on both "winners" in that race.

A very odd situation.

alanc

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2021, 08:44:20 AM »

3 placed on my e/w lucky 15. Thanks Horse.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2021, 12:17:27 PM »

Np Alan crossbar day here but pretty happy with how they nearly all went.

The day was probably summed up by a tweet congratulating Bob Baffert from a course where he is banned from having runners for 2 years. Watching back Corniche ran you wouldn't bet odds on there wasn't some help the fractions she went..... The odious Matt Chapman continues to put up Baffert as some kind of god figure weird at best.

The aftermath of the last continues lots of slips from the states with pick 4's and 6's where they had winning tickets onto the "winner" and actually ended up on Dakota Gold who not only did they not select was struck into pre-race and almost certainly lame before and during the race, a real mess and although we have had all bad beats in this game that would be hard to top.

The excellent Andy Serling summed it up well just now with this tweet.

Andy Serling
@andyserling
With the benefit of a little sleep and a little hindsight, here's the bottom line as I see it....there are two stakeholders in this game, bettors, and owners, and we have to do the best possible job of protecting both, and never one at the expense of another.

Thought the track was racing fair hard to be sure about any dirt bias as the fancied winners from the front were not pressured early at all, the turf looked very fair with only the very dreamest of runs allowing deep closers as expected (see jockey cam tweet) The turf horses that got relatively easy leads were not particularly fancied so being handy is still preferred for me.

Will post thoughts for tonight in a few hours.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 12:19:15 PM by horseplayer » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2021, 03:19:16 PM »

Np Alan crossbar day here but pretty happy with how they nearly all went.

The day was probably summed up by a tweet congratulating Bob Baffert from a course where he is banned from having runners for 2 years. Watching back Corniche ran you wouldn't bet odds on there wasn't some help the fractions she went..... The odious Matt Chapman continues to put up Baffert as some kind of god figure weird at best.

The aftermath of the last continues lots of slips from the states with pick 4's and 6's where they had winning tickets onto the "winner" and actually ended up on Dakota Gold who not only did they not select was struck into pre-race and almost certainly lame before and during the race, a real mess and although we have had all bad beats in this game that would be hard to top.

The excellent Andy Serling summed it up well just now with this tweet.

Andy Serling
@andyserling
With the benefit of a little sleep and a little hindsight, here's the bottom line as I see it....there are two stakeholders in this game, bettors, and owners, and we have to do the best possible job of protecting both, and never one at the expense of another.

Thought the track was racing fair hard to be sure about any dirt bias as the fancied winners from the front were not pressured early at all, the turf looked very fair with only the very dreamest of runs allowing deep closers as expected (see jockey cam tweet) The turf horses that got relatively easy leads were not particularly fancied so being handy is still preferred for me.

Will post thoughts for tonight in a few hours.

I do think that the two Charlie Appleby horses being grouped together as an "entry"(usually 1&1a on the racecard) for tote betting purposes contributed to the subsequent fiasco after one of them was scratched.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: